Howard and Jeremy!

RobbRiddicksTDLeap

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Deservingly so.  To get embarrassed like that at home on both sides of the ball is inexcusable.  The scoreboard wasn't even indicative of how big a butt whoopin that actually was.  Completely dominated in all aspects of the game.

I thought the same thing…much more of a one sided affair than the 17 point margin showed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Does anyone think Allen is asking Beane to bring back both Brown and Beasley if he had faith in Davis/McKenzie? Like when was the last time Brown even played ? Not surprised that teams just loaded up on Diggs and let others try and beat us.  We have no 3 down back and line is suspect,  our offence struggled all season and yesterday it showed. Diggs was pissed because Allen was not throwing to him in double coverage.  Like how dropped passes did Mckenzie and Davis have this season.  Mahomes and Burrows both have endless options and Beane is giving Allen not much outside of Diggs.

We know the O-line had big issue going into yesterday, but OMG, yesterday at times it seemed like they weren't even there. Small speed bumps at best.  Josh getting almost instant pressure from the second he received the snap.  Your QB not having any time to throw even against a 3-man rush at times is just inexcusable.  Morse and Dawkins are the only people on that line worth a darn IMO.  Saffold said he wants to stay in Buffalo. He doesn't even deserve half of what we paid him to come here the way he's looked this season.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

i hear there is no cohesion and much attune to last years issues in the post season specifically is that mcdermott does not have the team focusing together and there being a rift between the two.

it boils down to mcd. even he admits that.

I heard about the offense/defense rift, especially after 13 seconds and the bananas flight home.  Not sure if you’re suggesting there’s a rift b/w McD and Dorsey.  

I heard rumblings that Daboll was unhappy last year, and he frankly seemed a little miserable to me from a distance, but I never bought the idea that he and McD would have parted ways even if the Giants job didn’t work out. But maybe there was fire to the smoke and McD is going through it again with Dorsey.  I don’t know.  Maybe there’s nothing there and I’m just reading into too many things. 

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I heard about the offense/defense rift, especially after 13 seconds and the bananas flight home.  Not sure if you’re suggesting there’s a rift b/w McD and Dorsey.  

I heard rumblings that Daboll was unhappy last year, and he frankly seemed a little miserable to me from a distance, but I never bought the idea that he and McD would have parted ways even if the Giants job didn’t work out. But maybe there was fire to the smoke and McD is going through it again with Dorsey.  I don’t know.  Maybe there’s nothing there and I’m just reading into too many things. 

There was.  McD was and maybe still in denial that there is a big problem on defense. Last year there was a big problem on defense. Offense was fine. This year the defense had problems, too. We have regressed since 2020 into 2021. The 2021 season was a let down with that window wide open. This year we choked. 

The rift of offense vs defense and McD not being the guy to mend the team and focus them is frustrating. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

There was.  McD was and maybe still in denial that there is a big problem on defense. Last year there was a big problem on defense. Offense was fine. This year the defense had problems, too. We have regressed since 2020 into 2021. The 2021 season was a let down with that window wide open. This year we choked. 

The rift of offense vs defense and McD not being the guy to mend the team and focus them is frustrating. 

Any suggestions on the solution?  Part of me wonders whether McKenzie and what I understand to be his incessant mouth is done here.  Part of me also wonders whether it’s time for a tweak in defensive philosophy.  My two cents is that the draft should focus on protecting Josh and acquiring additional skill and speed for that side of the ball.  We should double down on our best asset.  On the defensive side of the ball, I’m not sure what can be done.  We have a bunch of guys aging poorly and/or leaving (White, Poyer, Jordan Phillips, maybe Edmunds, too) and who haven’t met expectations (Epenesa, Basham, Bernard).  It makes me wonder whether fresh ideas (coaching) on the defensive side of the ball is due. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My understanding is that it has gotten worse over the years, especially in the support and production aspects of the business.

Tied to the exodus of advertising dollars as more content competition on the web platforms heats up, as well as cost-cutting mergers and acquisitions amongst the broadcast media syndicates that remain?    

1 minute ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Listened to them this morning. Cappacio is exasperating. His words are measured, and he sounds more like a company man. I think he's too fond of being on the sidelines and flying with the team.

I could not agree with this more. Whenever there is a struggle with this team Sal sounds like an apologist. It comes off like you say as he doesn't want to lose his access. He really has to choose. This morning he was defending Dorsey by saying they can't change because Josh will have to "learn a new system". This is a nonsense argument as QB's do it all the time. They can Taylor the language to fit. This isn't the Cub Scouts. The Bills get no credit for trying and we can't blow our SB window on a guy that may or may not "learn" and get better. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

I could not agree with this more. Whenever there is a struggle with this team Sal sounds like an apologist. It comes off like you say as he doesn't want to lose his access. He really has to choose. This morning he was defending Dorsey by saying they can't change because Josh will have to "learn a new system". This is a nonsense argument as QB's do it all the time. They can Taylor the language to fit. This isn't the Cub Scouts. The Bills get no credit for trying and we can't blow our SB window on a guy that may or may not "learn" and get better. 

No doubt about is. Sal would love to be a full time PSE employee ala Brown and Glab, versus being a WGR staffer. 

Edited by LabattBlue

1 minute ago, blitzboy54 said:

100% Sal has good takes but chooses his words very carefully. He criticizes only to a point or plays devils advocate.  I miss the WGR of 15 years ago that didnt "tow the company line".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

100% Sal has good takes but chooses his words very carefully. He criticizes only to a point or plays devils advocate.  I miss the WGR of 15 years ago that didnt "tow the company line".

They don’t have a choice.  The Bills are their bread and butter.  And they pay 4m+ per year for rights, so they have to stick to the script.  

The ironic thing, given the huge rights fee, is that they get nothing from the bills in terms of scoops or inside info.  They did better when they were the voice of the fan and they had insiders on the payroll. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Thanks, I tried this and only get silence. Stream appears to load and there is silence - my speakers are on etc.

I had read elsewhere that MyTuner radio works well in the USA but I think only gives local stations elsewhere - previously this wasn't the case.

Looks like VPN is the way forward.

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Tied to the exodus of advertising dollars as more content competition on the web platforms heats up, as well as cost-cutting mergers and acquisitions amongst the broadcast media syndicates that remain?    

They still bill pretty well.  It was the age of consolidation and the desire to cut programming costs that did the industry in. 

Howard and Jeremy were very therapeutic to listen to today.  They are conveying the voice of the fanbase and share the same concerns.

I had to turn off One Bills Live.. Just rolled my eyes out of my head as Tasker defended the coaches and asked all of us if we want to keep changing Coordinators all the time.... Well, Steve, with a Defensive HC, that's going to be life for Josh Allen moving forward.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

No doubt about is. Sal would love to be a full time PSE employee ala Brown and Glab, versus being a WGR staffer. 

100% true. Sal is pure garbage now. He’s a company man through and through who doesn’t work for the company, he just wants to.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

100% true. Sal is pure garbage now. He’s a company man through and through who doesn’t work for the company, he just wants to.

Sal has been garbage for many years now.  He is down right rude on half of his segments, whether its to the other wgr hosts or callers.

I feel like he takes a lot of his personal life struggles, onto the radio.  Someone like Jeremy, who has gone though absolute hell over the last 3 years or so, never did that.

8 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

They have done reasonably well, and losing a warrior like Daquon and Von hurts. They just looked so weak, all game. Just dominated up front. 

They should have adjusted with the weather, agreed. Our run game and screen game is AWFUL. 

A Dl that has had 4 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders should not need an aging Von Miller and his massive contract to help them get a pass rush.  Thats just piss poor drafting, at the expense of the offense to top it off

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

I get tasked and Brown and Sal need to keep their jobs with the Bills but dang

what makes them believe this coaching staff can get this done?  4 years in a row

damn that sounds brutally familiar 

Im finally at the point that I dont think they are capable of it.  I think they are at their ceiling and we need an offensive minded coach to get us there

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.