So what is the first coach or domino to fall?

Draconator

Since he only became available mid season, I will guess McBeanes go get Frank Reich to be OC once all the HC jobs are filled.  Such a great personality fit..l he can cure sugar high Josh. 

If he can get Josh and the O to play like Wentz / Eagles did in their SB year, that would be perfect.    

Frazier probably not offered a new contract, assuming they can find a replacement quickly.   Since his contract is expiring, it would be a clean break without all the chatter/media drama over a " firing ", etc.   He did some good work, but with Elam, et al, perhaps time to move to a more aggressive D.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Josh is in a comfort zone with Dorsey and as a result he is regressing. 

What evidence do you have that Allen is happy with Dorsey and the current state of the offense?

Dorsey was the natural successor to Daboll and clearly Allen endorsed Dorsey at the time because he wanted to keep the offensive success of recent years rolling. People are reading too much into that endorsement beyond that. I doubt very much that Allen has been comfortable with the offensive game plan of "block nobody and hope Josh does something amazing" we've rolled with too many times recently. The last game that seemed to have a coherent offensive gameplan was the first New England game.

No Buffalo Bills coaches will be fired “trust the process” Bills fans like BSF are just noise even though the Bills organization are tone deaf. The Bills have hit there ceiling with Sean McDermott. The Buffalo Bills aren’t winning a Super Bowl with Sean McDermott as Bills head coach. It’s just unfortunately not happening the Bills have regressed not improved fire Sean McDermott and the entire coaching staff they all failed for more than three years now in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Pegula is a cutthroat businessman. I'm sure he doesn't settle for mediocrity & worse in his business ventures, he fires people on the spot when they suck. He has invested a ton in this team, no way he allows Frazier back. McD needs to be told that he needs to hire a new DC or he's out, and that DC needs to be allowed to run a new scheme.

Dorsey is only OC because Josh wanted him to be, hopefully he can admit his mistake & let McBeane know that he needs a real OC. It has to hurt for Josh to see the Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, & 49ers completing easy passes to receivers that are open by 5 yards on nearly every play.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Can’t read it. Paywall. Can you provide the gist?

Somehow I was able to get in to read it, but can’t anymore.  Best I can recall, McD latched on to one or two unheralded defensive backs that he really liked and continued to play them long after it was obvious to others that they didn’t have it.  And that sounds familiar. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Josh didn't regress. His support regressed ala Daboll.

There are parallels here to SB loses. Whereby better, strong coaches needed to intervene, nudge over the top, adapt, override in-game. I remember Kelly being clearly concussed a few times calling plays, nobody dared to step in. You need OC to be smarter, better than the QB. Fitz/Frank available!! They must dream of having the raw skills that Josh has.

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

What evidence do you have that Allen is happy with Dorsey and the current state of the offense?

Dorsey was the natural successor to Daboll and clearly Allen endorsed Dorsey at the time because he wanted to keep the offensive success of recent years rolling. People are reading too much into that endorsement beyond that. I doubt very much that Allen has been comfortable with the offensive game plan of "block nobody and hope Josh does something amazing" we've rolled with too many times recently. The last game that seemed to have a coherent offensive gameplan was the first New England game.

You answered your own question (see bold).   

Josh was happy that Dorsey got the job, and he said it numerous times.  Working with Dorsey is comfortable for him. 

Maybe he needs to get out of that comfort zone to get better and continue learning?  Dorsey probably cannot teach him and help him any more than he has already.   In general, I think the entire offense was predictable and regressed under Dorsey.  

18 hours ago, Draconator said:

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

McDermott didn’t commit to either coordinator.  I think there’s a decent chance 1 will be gone.   I think it might be Dorsey 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2023 at 8:38 AM, TC in St. Louis said:

This team ran out of gas.  Maybe their emotions were drained by the Hamlin injury and aftermath.  They played poor yesterday...lacked passion.  They didn't get up for the game, while Cincinnati played intense, focused, professional football.

We have the ingredients to continue being a top team.  Josh is fantastic.  The OL needs a couple intense talents.  I think we should keep Edmunds, and get a new defensive strategy.  Elam and Trey are going to be fine.  Hyde will get a new partner.  Miller will return.  When Von was playing, our pass rush pressure rate was top 5, now it's #28 (not including yesterday).  Daquan would've made a difference.

Maybe trade Ed Oliver.  He's inconsistent.  

Like many of you, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  We all love the team.  This is the only thing I know.  

I don't know if you've heard, but Von Miller is turning 34 in a month and tore his ACL for the second time.  There's a pretty good chance he never plays again.  Did you see how Tre White (who is 8 years younger) looked coming off his ACL surgery?  It would be downright delusional to expect anything from Miller in 2023, just like all the OBJ hype this year.   

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.