So what is the first coach or domino to fall?

Draconator

This team ran out of gas.  Maybe their emotions were drained by the Hamlin injury and aftermath.  They played poor yesterday...lacked passion.  They didn't get up for the game, while Cincinnati played intense, focused, professional football.

We have the ingredients to continue being a top team.  Josh is fantastic.  The OL needs a couple intense talents.  I think we should keep Edmunds, and get a new defensive strategy.  Elam and Trey are going to be fine.  Hyde will get a new partner.  Miller will return.  When Von was playing, our pass rush pressure rate was top 5, now it's #28 (not including yesterday).  Daquan would've made a difference.

Maybe trade Ed Oliver.  He's inconsistent.  

Like many of you, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  We all love the team.  This is the only thing I know.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Great questions.  Unfortunately, from my vantage point, I don't see any major changes coming as long as there's butts in seats and this team qualifies for the postseason.

Insanely long playoff droughts like this team went through can sort of lower the bar on expectations so that just getting to the postseason becomes acceptable.   If we had an owner who really cared about winning a SB, like Jerry Jones, McD is probably gone.  

I hate Dallas and Jerry Jones, but they held on to Jason Garrett for quite a long time.  I guess we'll see about McCarthy.

11 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Little chance anything major changes unless someone hires Frazier as HC.

No one is going to hire Frazier as their HC.

5 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I hate Dallas and Jerry Jones, but they held on to Jason Garrett for quite a long time.  I guess we'll see about McCarthy.

I'm no Jerry Jones fan either, but the point I was trying to make was he's an owner that is always involved with the team, who wants to win, and will do what he thinks he needs to do to make that happen.  I'm not sure Terry has that same commitment to try and win a championship.  He's always struck me as more of a guy who wants to field a competitive team, but doesn't show a lot of interest in trying to go beyond that.

Not nearly as bad as tightwad Wilson was, but also not a night and day difference either.

Edited by Billz4ever

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

ESPN Headline behind their paywall:

”Bills title window is closed.”

Good.  Let’s go into the off season the actual underdogs we are and will be until we win a SB or reimagine our trenches to look like the Eagles - who would have annihilated us.  

Just FYI on this, that "headline" was an article with several mock headlines and then the ESPN writer commented whether each headline was an overreaction or not.  The gist for the Bills one was that it was an overreaction.  He said Bills have Allen and core relatively intact, small improvements are needed but they will have a chance year after year for foreseeable future.  We will probably still be a favorite next year as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Possibly.. It would be  a very Billsey move if they feel Dorsey was good enough.
Does this franchise want to win? Or, is a terrible offense with key players like Diggs openly revolting the plan?

They are going to point to the 13 and three record in the regular season which they should do you can’t take one game and lose your ***** that’s what bad organizations do

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not going to remove a rookie coordinator that their franchise QB likes it’s not happening

Josh is in a comfort zone with Dorsey and as a result he is regressing.  Stats say the offense is top 2,3 4, in almost every category.  But you watch the games, especially the past month, and it looks like a very predictable offense that relies on Josh to be Superman and make a lot of big plays every game. 

This is something Allen just cannot maintain.   Burrow hit the high percentage passes to mostly wide open targets. He had time to throw accurately and provide the WR with a chance for YAC.  Josh was hurried and harassed so just getting a catchable ball out there was a challenge.  

I don't understand all the deep passes on 3rd and short?  Does Josh not check down on purpose or is this Dorsey?  It is not the way he played last year.  

I think Josh has regressed in his game management and his decisions making,  I have to look to Dorsey as the problem.  I would like to see Dorsey go.  

The mediocre OL makes everything harder, it starts there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If they dont start addressing the OL and Wrs and keep drafting/signing DL then McBean himself needs to start worrying. You have Josh ***** Allen as your Qb and refuse to give him the weapons he needs or protect him.  He was bloodied in the 1st quarter.  That is a a solid reason to get fired.  You got it right and hit on Josh Allen but have pretty much failed otherwise other than signing Diggs

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

I love McDermott as a leader and general all around human being but if I’m Beane I am seriously considering interviewing Sean Payton. We have a once in a generation talent in Josh Allen and our game management, inability to adjust and lack of creativity on both offense and defense is going to keep us where we’re at until a major move happens. I love our Bills culture and honestly don’t like Payton as a person but as far as what we need to get the most out of our team and franchise QB I think Beane has to be considering it. 

First off, I do commend this team - they did well given the bizarre season they endured.  I stayed to the end yesterday just to applaud them for their effort.  I think the season finally caught up to them yesterday, it happens.

One change I support tho is moving on from Dorsey.  So many OCs can make a third string QB look good with an effective system and I just saw a lot of randomness and lack of creativity out of ours.  

Gonna be tough next year, we have cap realities to deal with and a pretty tough schedule.  I think next year might be a bit of a step back before we move forward again, sort of like the early Beane/McD years.  That would be a shame tho as Josh is hitting his prime.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Possibly.. It would be  a very Billsey move if they feel Dorsey was good enough.
Does this franchise want to win? Or, is a terrible offense with key players like Diggs openly revolting the plan?

Offensive key players =Allen and Diggs and no one else.  Was talking with a Dallas fan last night and he said we don't have the firepower to complete with Cincy.  He was right.  McBean has failed to help Josh Allen at the expense of using high draft capital, Fa money to address the defense, which has also failed due to bad drafting.  The resources have been used there, the results have not been there, it has been a failure 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm no Jerry Jones fan either, but the point I was trying to make was he's an owner that is always involved with the team, who wants to win, and will do what he thinks he needs to do to make that happen.  I'm not sure Terry has that same commitment to try and win a championship.  He's always struck me as more of a guy who wants to field a competitive team, but doesn't show a lot of interest in trying to go beyond that.

Not nearly as bad as tightwad Wilson was, but also not a night and day difference either.

That makes sense and I see where you were coming from on this.  I would respectfully disagree, however.

Pegula has changed coaches and GMs several times with the Sabres and Bills.  He has invested to give his teams great facilities.  He signed off on his teams signing big-time free agents like Tayor Hall for the Sabres (which was a major flop) and Von Miller.  I think he wants to win just as badly as Jerry Jones, but I think he prefers to stay out of the media spotlight.  Jones thrives on being a big media personality.  I don't think Pegula is that kind of guy.

Edited by msw2112

1 minute ago, msw2112 said:

That makes sense and I see where you were coming from on this.  I would respectfully disagree, however.

Pegula has changed coaches and GMs several times with the Sabres and Bills.  He has invested to give his teams great facilities.  He signed off on his teams signing big-time free agents like Tayor Hall for the Sabres (which was a major flop) and Von Miller.  I think he wants to win just as badly as Jerry Jones, but I think he prefers to stay out of the media spotlight.  Jones thrives on being a big media personality.  I don't think Pegula is that kind of guy.

I would like to agree with you and also ask Terry this question...If the organization is going to stick with the current coaching staff and their coaching philosophy, what's going to be the difference maker that gets this team to the next level?

16 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I love McDermott as a leader and general all around human being but if I’m Beane I am seriously considering interviewing Sean Payton. We have a once in a generation talent in Josh Allen and our game management, inability to adjust and lack of creativity on both offense and defense is going to keep us where we’re at until a major move happens. I love our Bills culture and honestly don’t like Payton as a person but as far as what we need to get the most out of our team and franchise QB I think Beane has to be considering it. 

Never in a million years. Nola has his rights. You’d have to give up first and second round picks just to get him and then sign him to 20 mil a year. No way

25 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

First off, I do commend this team - they did well given the bizarre season they endured.  I stayed to the end yesterday just to applaud them for their effort.  I think the season finally caught up to them yesterday, it happens.

One change I support tho is moving on from Dorsey.  So many OCs can make a third string QB look good with an effective system and I just saw a lot of randomness and lack of creativity out of ours.  

Gonna be tough next year, we have cap realities to deal with and a pretty tough schedule.  I think next year might be a bit of a step back before we move forward again, sort of like the early Beane/McD years.  That would be a shame tho as Josh is hitting his prime.

We can retool with Josh still in his prime but we cannot do a tear down and rebuild.  That would be too drastic.  They are 14-4, they need some tweaking to get back on track.  Beane has to do his best work to improve this team given the limited cap space and the draft position.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Just FYI on this, that "headline" was an article with several mock headlines and then the ESPN writer commented whether each headline was an overreaction or not.  The gist for the Bills one was that it was an overreaction.  He said Bills have Allen and core relatively intact, small improvements are needed but they will have a chance year after year for foreseeable future.  We will probably still be a favorite next year as well.

Ah and that’s how they get you to subscribe.  A bit of fake news in the headline.   

Still, they won’t be the favorite, and their window may not be closed with this group but fitting through it is getting a lot tighter.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.