So what is the first coach or domino to fall?

Draconator

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This whole season? They were 13 and three.

You can’t honestly say our defense was effective all year. They never seemed to get the important stops and let teams stay in games. Rarely did we play complimentary football. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not going to remove a rookie coordinator that their franchise QB likes it’s not happening

Possibly.. It would be  a very Billsey move if they feel Dorsey was good enough.
Does this franchise want to win? Or, is a terrible offense with key players like Diggs openly revolting the plan?

I think the only one I would think would be considered is the D line coach.  

24 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

You can’t honestly say our defense was effective all year. They never seemed to get the important stops and let teams stay in games. Rarely did we play complimentary football. 

Only reason we are talking about this is both sides of the football sucked against the Bengals.  The defense at least had a decent excuse being without our two main leaders in Miller and Hyde.  

6 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Guys.. guys... guys...

is this defense not just mcdermotts defense? I mean really what do you think will change with our defensive philosophy if Frazier is fired? It's McDs defense and it always has been.  Firing frazier for doing what mcd ask him to do is basically a cop out.  

We all know McD isn't getting fired so, we may as well just get used to it=p

Right. But it’s time to just be a figurehead HC and employ a young brilliant guy to run a more aggressive pressure zone D (bengals DC) or straight man (Spags , 49ers). He has a ton of pressure on him every year they flub out of the playoffs

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Sean's been shopping for the defensive "groceries" since day 1.  Beane gets to pick the offensive players.  JMHO

100. He picks guys that are culture / head coach teachers pets. I cringe now when the bills pick a player and this is what’s said about them “a coach on the field “. “His coaches loved him, team player.” 

bernard most recently

zay jones 

tre white 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Yes in 2011. This marked the first time in Reid’s 12 year career. https://www.inquirer.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/McDermott_out_as_Reid_changes_his_mind.html

There’s some interesting bread crumbs in there if you care to look.  Especially about McD’s propensity to fall in love with certain players and not make changes until it’s too late. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

I don't think McBeane is going to take this domination by Cincinnati lightly. Some heads are going to roll. I'm kinda refreshing Twitter to see what it's going to be. I know, way too soon, but something is going to go down. I just don't know what or who it's going to be. Most likely scenario in my mind both Frasier and Dorsey are gone. 

McBeane should be looking in the mirror with that HORRIBE offensive line he hogtied Josh with.  All of them.  Even Morse.  I know everybody loves Morse but I don't care.  This is football.  Go to church if you want to hear nice talk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reverse Meathead said:

McBeane should be looking in the mirror with that HORRIBE offensive line he hogtied Josh with.  All of them.  Even Morse.  I know everybody loves Morse but I don't care.  This is football.  Go to church if you want to hear nice talk.

Not drafting chiefs C instead of Basham will haunt my dreams . By the way the C is all pro !

Unfortunately, I doubt there will be any major changes. Maybe just a couple of positional coaches. However, Frazier should be fired, the defense was a paper tiger all year and was just severely exposed by Cinci. I would love to see Dorsey gone too. His offense always felt off all year, I know they put up some numbers but they just disappeared for long stretches during games. Nothing ever seemed to be in synch.

A more veteran OC would be preferable, might help to calm JA down.

Something needs to be done. They can't just let this slide and head into the next season with no significant changes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I think Frazier should absolutely be gone. 13 seconds, now this whole season. 

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

I see Reich getting a HC job… probably Carolina 

8 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I think Frazier should absolutely be gone. 13 seconds, now this whole season. 

and if McD wants to save his own butt he will fire Dorsey and get a better OC (hopefully Reich) to take the reins and make the offense more efficient and fluid

Reich would be a great fit for OC with JA at the helm of the offense. BUT......

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

This is the more likely scenario. 

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not going to remove a rookie coordinator that their franchise QB likes it’s not happening

Josh asked for Dorsey, Beasley, and Brown by name as well as jobs for Gentry and Barkley. 

I don’t mind going to your star QB for input but given the result of this season, it’s likely too far. 

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Dorsey, after getting the endorsement of your franchise QB, just finished year one and improved on nearly every major stat vs 2021

He isn’t getting fired.  

Frazier, isn’t getting fired for losing Hyde, Miller, Hamlin, not having Tre White (80% of him) until December, or drafting AJ Epenessa and Boogie Basham.   

ESPN Headline behind their paywall:

”Bills title window is closed.”

Good.  Let’s go into the off season the actual underdogs we are and will be until we win a SB or reimagine our trenches to look like the Eagles - who would have annihilated us.  

The underdog crap doesn't fly anymore pal

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.