Trade Diggs for assets and go to a more controlled ground game.

Tipster19

That’s right trade a HOF receiver with  our incredible QB breaking NFL passing records,and then pay up your rear end for a different number one receiver. Then go back to a traditional run heavy attack with the same great throwing QB. What is this football in the 30s. Contact me when your medication runs out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I think the 45M is if they cut him.  Click the red x on the right.  Pre 6/1 trade is 37M  and post 6/1 trade is 11.8M dead cap.  Post 6/1 is possible but cannot see it happening.

Very important to remember that a post 6/1 cut or trade only spreads the dead cap out over two seasons. The total dead cap is the same. In Diggs’ case a pre 6/1 trade would incur a dead cap of $37.6M in 2023. A post 6/1 trade would incur dead cap hits of $11.9M in 2023 plus $25.7M in 2024. 

14 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Can’t have the internal turmoil so either trade Josh, and that’s not going to happen or get rid of Diggs. Shed his contract, get a return in assets, draft pick(s) and/or player(s) and rebuild this offense that is more balanced. Now I don’t fault Diggs for being frustrated but this offense is lopsided and needs to be more reasonable. 

Earlier in another post I clamored for Texas RB Bijan Robinson and while that may not happen my point is still the same. Provide better playmakers than the ones we have and get some of this pressure off of Josh, it’s too much and teams should not be this reliant on one player. 

I don’t think it would be that difficult to fix this OL. While better players are needed I believe that they can be obtainable. Kansas City replaced their whole OL in one year and they are doing fine. Make Kromer earn his paycheck with a formidable run game. 

It looks like there is some significant changes in store for the coaching staff and the roster but have it make sense with a logical strategy and personnel. Tone down this chaotic pass happy offense and get some balance to it.

To me some obvious departures would be Frazier, possibly Dorsey, Singletary, Davis and a couple/few OL. I don’t expect Poyer to be back either, we need better speed in the secondary. 

It’s going to be quite the off season, Beane is going to have his hands full but it’s sorely needed because today was a total embarrassment.

Unless they are trading for another #1 this would a crazy suggestion for league that focuses on passing the football.

Good grief, what an over-reaction.  The media has really pushed the narrative that Diggs suddenly doesn't like Allen and they will never get along again.  I'm sure things will be fine. Did anyone see a physical altercation on the sidelines?  Give it a rest.  Diggs is just being Diggs and trying to light a fire among other things.  Not a big deal.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Very important to remember that a post 6/1 cut or trade only spreads the dead cap out over two seasons. The total dead cap is the same. In Diggs’ case a pre 6/1 trade would incur a dead cap of $37.6M in 2023. A post 6/1 trade would incur dead cap hits of $11.9M in 2023 plus $25.7M in 2024. 

That is important!  Not gonna happen though either way.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.