Thank you Jordan Poyer

Chicagobills

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I do as well. Bunch of Miami fans on Twitter excited about getting poyer when it’s obvious his best days are behind him and they’re gonna over pay for a washed up 32 year old Strong Safety 

I think he has some great time left but can't afford to pay him what he wants.  I think he did well injured but I truly believe Hamlin hit him hardest.  Between him losing Hyde and Hamlin he just ran out of gas at the end.  

Just now, harmonkillebrew said:

I wouldn't count him out yet. But he'd need to be realistic in his ask.

We don't have a replacement on the roster, so that would be one more gap to fill.

I actually believe we need to look for an upgrade to what Poyer can give us.

• Agree 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:01 PM, Chicagobills said:

You deserve better. You were a great player here and hope the best for you 

How does a player deserve better that was signed from the Browns after missing time with a serious injury? The Bills were actually the ones who deserved better! I like Poyer but let’s not act like the Bills are the bad guys here.

I love the Poyer-Hyde combo, but who knew when they were signed how good they would be together?

Bills were eventually paying more than most teams for a safety duo and that isn't sustainable. 

I wish him well and I think Hyde might consider retirement; so the Bills could just try to make do at safety.

Bills need the cap space to fix the offense.

We all knew after Rachel Bush's Twitter rants last year that he wasn't taking a team friendly deal. 

Screenshot_20220407_083425_Slack.jpg

Then he went and hired a loan shark agent who isn't known for taking team friendly deals.

FPr3lAOX0Agg83v.jpg.

Now she's "completely packing" up the house. Which is the exact opposite of what one would expect from someone who doesn't want to move. Also creating a collage of pictures of Buffalo which is what one does when you plan to be there all the time.

Needless to say, waive goodbye. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:11 PM, KDIGGZ said:

Poyer needs that money to pay for his wife's butt implants 

She will goad him into playing more and taking the most money possible.  Great eagerness on her part to point out he'll be a free agent.  Dude deserves a few months off of nothing but healing and relaxation.

Edited by In Summary
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, Jerome007 said:

Man that dude was awesome! But he really played bad in these 2 playoff games. I suspect an injury as otherwise he's been so good.

I think injuries had him. He had a bum knee and elbow. I’m sure those ribs never fully healed also. 

I know everyone expects him to be gone, but there may not be much market for a 32 year old undersize safety that isn’t an athletic freak and is coming off an injury riddled year.

I think there’s a solid chance he’s back next season on a cheap 1 year deal signed before TC starts. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:02 PM, Jerome007 said:

Man that dude was awesome! But he really played bad in these 2 playoff games. I suspect an injury as otherwise he's been so good.

He has had multiple injuries for months. Dude was held together by string and paste the last two months.

Poyer is one of my 5 favorite players from this run of 4 or so years. Fought like a dog, turned his life around (alcohol) and always felt he was giving max effort. Leader by example.

I also know its time to start moving on from him and a few other guys from that for cap consideration and age.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.