Thank you Jordan Poyer

Chicagobills

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hes gone. Not worth the money to bring back. Need more speed.

It’s mini rebuild time. The defense needs to be ignored for a year. We will lose some production there, but it is what it is. They had one job today and they couldn’t do it. It’s time to give Josh the talent he deserves on the offensive side. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s mini rebuild time. The defense needs to be ignored for a year. We will lose some production there, but it is what it is. They had one job today and they couldn’t do it. It’s time to give Josh the talent he deserves on the offensive side. 

100% agree. I'd rather focus on getting your franchise QB as many weapons and protection as possible then worry about the defense. That card didn't work. We've spent so much draft capital and money on defense only for it to let us down year after year. I'd rather focus on outscoring teams. 10 pts at home....Inexcusable.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Chicagobills said:

Yes he deserves better 100%

Yeah, what a poor boy playing for a contender for all these years for mere millions. Maybe he can go to the Texans and sit in the basement for ten+ millions. 

And this is not a disrespect to Poyer. Great guy. Wish him all the luck. 

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hes gone. Not worth the money to bring back. Need more speed.

Nailed it.

Even in 2020 and 2021, this defense was not "Championship caliber".  That's not solely Poyers fault, but we definitely need more speed and aggressive players across that defense.

You stop top flight offenses with speed/tough/physical defenses.  Right now, there's probably 3-4 in the NFL:

1. 49ers

2. Philly

3. Dallas

4. Ravens

We need an identity on both sides of the ball... we have some good players, just not sure their skillsets "mesh".  But that's a different topic...

I will miss Poyer as well, and grateful for the leadership, toughness and dedication he brought to the team.  Just think he's past his prime/too much of an injury risk, for us to try signing long-term...we need to retool on defense.

This will sound awful but it is a business.  Hopefully these last two weeks will drive down the market for his services and we can get him back on a decent 2 or 3 year deal. He was playing hurt.  Safeties are just not that valued by most teams especially old ones. Best case scenario he is back in Buffalo on a reasonable contract. More likely he is gone. 

To the "fans" already wanting him gone. Yeah with the salary cap, you don't overpay an aging safety, that's true. So he'll likely go elsewhere because he choses to, if he has a better offer. But tell us, you sages, who outplayed him on the roster? No one.

Sure this defeat sucks a lot, but before you fire everybody, recall we need first to find replacements for the players and coaches you want out! They are not all lined up on a shelf just waiting to be picked up! 

Edited by Jerome007

Just now, Jerome007 said:

To the "fans" already wanting him gone. Yeah with the salary cap, you don't overpay an aging safety, that's true. So he'll likely go elsewhere because he choses to, if he has a better offer. But tell us, you sages, who outplayed him on the roster? No one.

Sure this defeat sucks a lot, but before you fire everybody, recall we need first to find replacements for the players and coaches you want out! They are not all lined up on a shelf just wanting to be picked up! 

Not having his running mate this season and Tre's injury really hurt our secondary. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

100% agree. I'd rather focus on getting your franchise QB as many weapons and protection as possible then worry about the defense. That card didn't work. We've spent so much draft capital and money on defense only for it to let us down year after year. I'd rather focus on outscoring teams. 10 pts at home....Inexcusable.

I wouldn’t feel quite this way if our D didn’t look so soft. I’m totally over this defense. If we take a defensive player within the 1st 3 rounds this upcoming draft, I’m seriously going into anti Beane mode. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

6 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

I'd go with protection over weapons. Great QBs make average weapons look better if they have the time. I always think of Deion Branch's 11 catches in the SB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.