McDermott and Beane Have to Go

PepeSilvia

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah this is just stupid.   They dont "have to go" because they arent going anywhere.    They've made the playoffs in 5 of the 6 years, won a higher percentage of regular season games than any coach and GM combo in Bills history, and drafted a franchise QB.   Pretty sure they arent going anywhere.

Eagles: They go rid of a HC that won them a Super Bowl.

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Eagles: They go rid of a HC that won them a Super Bowl.

Curious if they are eliminated next week was it a failure?i mean they are several years removed from that win and a whole different team now. I think they are exciting to watch, but when DC Comms light you up it might be a sign or a farce. I think they are good, just curious. Also Doug showed he’sa good coach, was outmatched, still hung in there with an over achieving team loaded with high picks. 

Edited by WyoAZBillfan

What gives you any faith that we can draft any talent? Zay Jones? Cody ford? Epenesa? Rousseau? Bashsam? 5 picks that should be making impacts and they’re not

edit; Zack Moss 
Edit; Wyatt Teller

Beane? Got to go

worst part Schoen and Daboll are in NJ

Edited by PepeSilvia
  • Agree 1

Beane is going nowhere.

After the job McDermott did this year holding the team together, he is going nowhere.  

Frazier?  Unless Sean’s job was on the line, he’s not firing Frazier. We may have been a top rated defense this year, but a change would be good.  Need more out of the defensive line for sure.  Need to stop giving up huge amounts of yards.  Bend-don’t beak isn’t good enough.

🍿

I like reading everyones opinions. As far as Offensive and defensive coordinators go I am open to changes.  Having said that 

Both lines yesterday were soundly beaten. Just what to do to make this team Better aka competitive with teams like we have

played in the playoffs?

Draft several OL prospects. The uglier the better. Mean and nasty ones who won't be trifled by anyone they face. OBVIOUS NEED

Get Micah Hyde and Von Miller back in the lineup. Instant defensive  improvement right? Right. 

that's all Ive got on a blue monday. I dont like my team being beat like dogs on national TV. NOT a good look.  We got mauled.

Edited by muppy

23 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Curious if they are eliminated next week was it a failure?i mean they are several years removed from that win and a whole different team now. I think they are exciting to watch, but when DC Comms light you up it might be a sign or a farce. I think they are good, just curious. Also Doug showed he’sa good coach, was outmatched, still hung in there with an over achieving team loaded with high picks. 

Not a failure at all since Sirianni only been there a year ago. McDermott has this freak of nature QB landed on his lap and didn't do anything to help him for all those years. That alone is a fireable offense. Bills could have had at least one or two rings if he gave Allen some help when he first got drafted instead of wasting all that money and draft picks on defense...so he can StOp MaHoMeS...

On 1/22/2023 at 8:30 PM, ngbills said:

People who are quick to criticize ask this question. Remove Allen and what have they done that is impressive? Is there a scheme? Is there winning when your qb is out? Unique capabilities? How often do we our coach other teams? 

Im not for lighting the torches and firing everyone, however I do think its foolish not to have a discussion with Frank Reich and Byron Leftwich on a OC position, Even Anthony Lynn or Greg Roman would be an upgrade over Dorsey. 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:09 PM, PepeSilvia said:

McDermott is terrible situationally. 

Beane has consistently whiffed on early round draft picks.

we don’t have any difference makers on any level of defense for a defensive head coach lead team (besides a 34 year old 140 million dollar DE with a bad knee)

you can’t miss on that many draft picks and expect to have a good team

#17 is so good he makes up for a lot of weaknesses on this team until you play a team who can expose them

6 years going on 7 and the o line, d line are soft. We don’t have any playmakers/difference makers besides Allen and diggs and there’s no salary cap space

This isn’t a one off season fix. Teams in our own division are getting better. We’re going to take a step back before we move forward 

I also firmly believe we let the best coach on the staff left for NY and we’re going to feel the backlash for years to come

Fire McDermott and he will have a head coaching job before he exits the building. 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, Peter said:

I have never been a big fan of McClappy but even I do not think he deserves to be fired.

The problem with this team is we got beat at the line of scrimmage. Our offensive line is holding back both Josh and the RBs. Our defensive line has had issues stopping the run and got bullied in the run game today.  Pretty simple to me.

Just my two cents.

Yes you build a team from the inside out, no investments in the Oline and our Dline pics for the most part haven't been successful 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.