McDermott and Beane Have to Go

PepeSilvia

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He MUST do this. He just must, if he wants to keep his job. He isn’t the owner. He answers to somebody. He’s not allowed to just singlehandedly drive a team into the ground. It’s not his business to ruin. That’s not his responsibility. If he was any kind of a MAN with character — the very code he insists he works and lives by — then empower better coordinators, and be the best HC you can be. Give up the scheming… your defensive has gotten clobbered the past three exit playoff games. 

Are you kidding. Terry works for him. McD can just throw 17 year drought at him 

1 hour ago, PaulieYayo said:

I’ll be surprised if he has the onions to fire the DC, everyone at OBD is too much in love with each other. If 13 seconds wasn’t a fireable offense, I don’t know what is. 

How about the defense needs new players not so much play calling. If you can’t tackle. You can’t tackle

Edited by gr8billsfan
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Wow, i suppose you have combed our entire roster and all the Bengals to come to that conclusion. Feelings are raw right now but man you need some perspective. By the way most all on the field today dominated in High School.

Joe Burrow played as the starting QB in the OHSAA state championship game. For him, that was a bigger game than the one today. in the south and midwest, HS and college football is bigger than the NFL. Learning how to play in those game early in life is good preparation for an NFL playoff game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So who are you going to get?? Because I can tell you Payton ain’t coming here. No one’s going to give up their entire draft for a HC who rode the tails of HOF QB and failed to do anything after him and left his franchise in a ***** load of debt because his stupid overspending

Bills don’t have a mid to late first round pick this year? Entire draft — huh?? Pegula can’t pay a HC $20mil a year. What’s he, a shifter manager at Cinnamon Bun?

How are the Bills not in a position to get Peyton, besides them making bad choices?

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Joe Burrow played as the starting QB in the OHSAA state championship game. For him, that was a bigger game than the one today. in the south and midwest, HS and college football is bigger than the NFL. Learning how to play in those game early in life is good preparation for an NFL playoff game.

Didn't help him at Ohio State did it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Pretty sure they arent going anywhere

The Bills????

Because making the playoffs and losing a game that was won followed by getting steamrolled by a team at home while all facets of your team looked mediocre at best doesn’t speak to an arrow that’s pointing up🤔

• Like (+1) 1

Did the Bills get so obsessed on building a team to beat the Kansas City Chiefs that they developed tunnel vision to all else within the conference? The Bengals are the king of the hill and Jacksonville is about to join them.

Edited by Beast

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So who are you going to get?? Because I can tell you Payton ain’t coming here. No one’s going to give up their entire draft for a HC who rode the tails of HOF QB and failed to do anything after him and left his franchise in a ***** load of debt because his stupid overspending

Frank HC Vic Fangio DC .. OC whoever Frank picks since he mentored Sirianni for several years. Beane brought in JA he gets one more coaching regime. 

I have never been a big fan of McClappy but even I do not think he deserves to be fired.

The problem with this team is we got beat at the line of scrimmage. Our offensive line is holding back both Josh and the RBs. Our defensive line has had issues stopping the run and got bullied in the run game today.  Pretty simple to me.

Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

How about the defense needs new players not so much play calling. If you can’t tackle. You can’t tackle

The coaches also need to put players in the right positions to be successful. There were way too many Bengals wide open with no one around them the entire game. The schemes are bad and the players aren’t executing…time for a new voice 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Josh Allen is my favorite player. I spent $170 on a shirt with Allen's name on it, but I'm just tired of the losing. The Bengals roster is constructed with guys that won at all levels of football. Winning in pee-wee begets winning in HS and winning in HS begets winning and college. College winners tend to win in the NFL. The Bills have a bunch of guys that have never won at any level but have elite physical traits. Who won today?

Let’s see some data on that. You just saying it means nothing. JA allowed Wyoming to be relevant and to a bowl game at 8-5. He’s doing the same with the Bills. Did you see the players Burrow was throwing to at LSU? The 
NFL is literally full of teams with various backgrounds and records. Wilson the Bengals LB also went to Wyoming. Jessie Bates went to Wake Forrest, Karas went to that Big 10 powerhouse Illinois. Hayden Hurst went to South Carolina. Others starters today from Kansas, Humboldt State, and Florida Atlantic. Should I go on ? 

41 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

Wow, i suppose you have combed our entire roster and all the Bengals to come to that conclusion. Feelings are raw right now but man you need some perspective. By the way most all on the field today dominated in High School.

JA won in HS and was 16-9 as a starter at that powerhouse Wyoming. The Bengals with the # 1 and # 5 overall picks took Burrow and Chase from LSU. So what! I’ve listed multiple significant staters on the Bengals who didn’t go to college juggernaut teams. Mahomes record in college was 12-13. It just doesn’t apply in the NFL. Is it helpful ? Sure but many many examples of just the opposite. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

McDermott deserves another year but both coordinators need to go 

Yep.

I was NEVER one of those "fire the coaches" guys on here. But I was pissed all game. They were outschemed. Totally. Both sides of the ball.

And watching the 49ers, Bengals, Chiefs, etc. you just see what great designs can do offensively. Did Chase score his TD because he out sped everyone and had an amazing grab? NO. He was all alone! So was Hurst many times. Schemes. Movement before the snap. 

Bunch formations. Creativity. 

One thing that's all on the players, or on Beane if you really want to go there, is the DLine. How come they were completely outclassed by a patchwork OLine? Still, once you see the front 4 can't do it, blitz! Do something!

What bugs me the most of this awful defeat, is that unless there is a big splash in free agency, or a surprise star in the draft, or OC/DC change for the better, it just feels the Bills are among the 5th-7th best teams in the league, but far from the #1. It sucks.

As for the Allen haters, sorry for you but the guy is a star and that wasn't on him. The coaches and DLine let the team down.

47 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You’re serious right ? And then he played at Ohio State (where he transferred out of) and went to an NFL loaded LSU team. Good for him. You lost me at the the Ohio state hs game is more important than todays game. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

44 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I watched Josh Rosen lead the best high school I’ve ever seen to a National Title. I get what you’re selling here, but Joe Burrow isn’t great because he won a state championship, but sure, it’s part of him. Just like it’s part of Rosen. 

Did Mahomes win a Natty at Lubbock?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bengals are the class of the AFC because they are full of winners. We've got a bunch of losers with "traits." 

Get a grip! The Bengals outschemed the Bills coaches, and the Bills DLine decided to have their worst game. But the Bengals had the 11th offense this season, and you saw amazing display of skills? No, we saw great Xs and Os by their coaches, and their patchwork OLine dominated. Bengals are NOT unbeatable, far from it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.