McDermott and Beane Have to Go

PepeSilvia

11 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I'm sure you are right. I've felt sure all along that Bernard was 100% a McD pick. Small but slow (with, and here's the thing, good intangibles). And that is the sort of thing that has me saying he's got to go.

Yea the thing around Bernard was his practice habits / and COACHES loved him (I presume coaches were piping into McD ear). Just like the COACHES loved Zay jones (wrong) and tre white (right) and again those were our picks. 

McD wants culture , yes men, coaches / teachers pet type. 

needs some Dawgs / degenerates . Sorry to say. Up to the team to manage just like every other team

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, balln said:

Yea the thing around Bernard was his practice habits / and COACHES loved him (I presume coaches were piping into McD ear). Just like the COACHES loved Zay jones (wrong) and tre white (right) and again those were our picks. 

McD wants culture , yes men, coaches / teachers pet type. 

needs some Dawgs / degenerates . Sorry to say. Up to the team to manage just like every other team

McD is afraid of dawgs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

winning regular season games is your definition of success?  This combo is wasting JAs prime years.  period.  

I mean you have to win regular season games to get to the playoffs, and the more you win them the higher your seed is.  So yes, I think it plays a large part in success.  They've been in the final eight teams left 3 of the last 4 years.    Everyone here vastly undersells how hard it is to get to and win a Super Bowl.  The greatest player to ever play this game has been on the wrong side of that 16 of 23 years.  If someone told you 30% success rate was elite at anything wouldn't you just look at them like they were missing a brain?     Like it or not, this team has been successful in terms of what that word means in the NFL.   I am not rushing to sign up for another drought, or changing for the sake of change. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah this is just stupid.   They dont "have to go" because they arent going anywhere.    They've made the playoffs in 5 of the 6 years, won a higher percentage of regular season games than any coach and GM combo in Bills history, and drafted a franchise QB.   Pretty sure they arent going anywhere.

Yay, we are James Harden 🤮

• Haha (+1) 1

You're not wrong. Cincinnati built an actual contender in two off seasons. THEY WERE 2-14 IN 2019!!!. They did it without an actual GM and almost no scouting department. They just drafted proven winners in the skill positions. We are already past the point of no return. The Bills will never win a SB with this group. That window is closed. The Bengals are the class of the AFC because they are full of winners. We've got a bunch of losers with "traits." 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

You're not wrong. Cincinnati built an actual contender in two off seasons. THEY WERE 2-14 IN 2019!!!. They did it without an actual GM and almost no scouting department. They just drafted proven winners in the skill positions. We are already past the point of no return. The Bills will never win a SB with this group. That window is closed. The Bengals are the class of the AFC because they are full of winners. We've got a bunch of losers with "traits." 

But we're humble and hungry!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

So who are the losers your’e referring to?

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I mean you have to win regular season games to get to the playoffs, and the more you win them the higher your seed is.  So yes, I think it plays a large part in success.  They've been in the final eight teams left 3 of the last 4 years.    Everyone here vastly undersells how hard it is to get to and win a Super Bowl.  The greatest player to ever play this game has been on the wrong side of that 16 of 23 years.  If someone told you 30% success rate was elite at anything wouldn't you just look at them like they were missing a brain?     Like it or not, this team has been successful in terms of what that word means in the NFL.   I am not rushing to sign up for another drought, or changing for the sake of change. 

I get your points, but they are incorrect.  Another drought won't happen because of Allen and Diggs.  It's a QB driven league.  And the issues with Bean and McD are not just "oh, bad year" type of things, particularly with McD--they are systemic.  He plays scared.  He ran out of TOs today with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  He plays a sit back and take it D, rather than a press/blitzing/confuse the offense defense.  Teams run on us at will, and can hit quick/short passes when needed.  His style works against teams with average-bad QBs, it does not work against elite ones that you play in the playoffs.  His offense is equally awful, and has been all year, never establishing a run game, something you need to keep defenses honest (all remaining teams have a run game, notice).  Yeah, McD can make the playoffs, but we could likely take nearly any coach and make the playoffs because of Allen, Diggs, and a few others.  Winning in the playoffs with an elite QB is what we need to do now, and something McD is too stubborn to do because he won't change his approach.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

So who are the losers your’e referring to?

Josh Allen? Josh Allen has never won at any level. Joe Burrow wins because he learned how to do it in High School. All the Bengals key players won in high school and college. Our guys did not. I have been positive all year and defended our players, but I'm sick of losing.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Josh Allen? Josh Allen has never won at any level. Joe Burrow wins because he learned how to do it in High School. All the Bengals key players won in high school and college. Our guys did not. I have been positive all year and defended our players, but I'm sick of losing.

Ok so let’s dump Josh and go watch him win with another franchise while we go back into QB purgatory. You guys are delusional. When Allen’s hot your allover his sack but when he plays bad you guys want him gone. Buffalo fans like you just suck and are unrealistic 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Ok so let’s dump Josh and go watch him win with another franchise while we go back into QB purgatory. You guys are delusional. When Allen’s hot your allover his sack but when he plays bad you guys want him gone. Buffalo fans like you just suck and are unrealistic 

Josh Allen is my favorite player. I spent $170 on a shirt with Allen's name on it, but I'm just tired of the losing. The Bengals roster is constructed with guys that won at all levels of football. Winning in pee-wee begets winning in HS and winning in HS begets winning and college. College winners tend to win in the NFL. The Bills have a bunch of guys that have never won at any level but have elite physical traits. Who won today?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

OP is right

I've been saying it for years, but this blowout in our own building is a major indictment...just like the inexcusable failure the year before. How many more of these will we accept before we acknowledge that this staff is not championship caliber?

If you wanna accept good, but no chance at being champions, then McD and this staff are what you deserve.

For those of us who want to see Josh and the city of Buffalo hoist the Lombardi, we need to aim higher and not settle for these failures anymore. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Josh Allen is my favorite player. I spent $170 on a shirt with Allen's name on it, but I'm just tired of the losing. The Bengals roster is constructed with guys that won at all levels of football. Winning in pee-wee begets winning in HS and winning in HS begets winning and college. College winners tend to win in the NFL. The Bills have a bunch of guys that have never won at any level but have elite physical traits. Who won today?

Not Allen’s fault his defense didn’t show up today. We can run the ball, Diggs could barely get open. You can’t expect Josh to be Superman all the damn time you need to be realistic 

48 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I’m honestly kind of tired  of our defensive scheme and I wonder if Mcd would hand the reigns over to someone who would bring in a different point  of view? Or is he hell bent on sticking with his scheme and if so then I dunno.. the last 3 playoffs have been kinda disastrous for the D. 

The Bengals coordinator is getting a lot of praise for all his different looks he calls. He has had pretty good success against Mahomes and now us.

He MUST do this. He just must, if he wants to keep his job. He isn’t the owner. He answers to somebody. He’s not allowed to just singlehandedly drive a team into the ground. It’s not his business to ruin. That’s not his responsibility. If he was any kind of a MAN with character — the very code he insists he works and lives by — then empower better coordinators, and be the best HC you can be. Give up the scheming… your defensive has gotten clobbered the past three exit playoff games. 

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Wow, i suppose you have combed our entire roster and all the Bengals to come to that conclusion. Feelings are raw right now but man you need some perspective. By the way most all on the field today dominated in High School.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.