McDermott and Beane Have to Go

PepeSilvia

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Giants got blown out on both sides of the ball yesterday.  Can say they don’t have the horses yet, but they appear to have been outcoached

They are starting guys off the Bills practice squad and made the playoffs.  That’s not out coached, that’s the reality of a team that had no business being in the playoffs, but coaching got them there.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 1

What I would do?

Fire Dorsey and hire Frank Reich As OC.

Fire Frazier and Beane tell MCD to change his defensive philosophy and to hire more of a man/aggressive guy.

I wouldn’t fire MCD yet as he has a lot of stability, but there needs to be changes in defensive philosophy IMO

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boater said:

Way to go with your 6th post.

Please note: the Post Game thread would have been the more appropriate place to vent this pablum.

Sorry dudeski. I’ll try to make my 7th post more applicable. 

get more posts before I can be thought of more seriously right?

Edited by PepeSilvia

5 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Think back at how many terrible coaching decisions;

just off the top of my head;

hail murray 

titans game failed qb sneak with Josh because Dion Dawkins got blown up (he stinks. That’s another thread of its own)

13 seconds

The first  Miami game this year

the second Miami game this year

the third Miami game this year 

having a 17 point lead on Minnesota. 4th and 17. I won’t pick that scab

wind patriots game last year

then John feliciano parts ways and says he feels the team was soft. Was he wrong? 

The best coach we had on this team coaches for the Giants now

years of whiffing on draft picks are made up by Josh Allen being so damn good

there’s only so much he can do

he needs help in the form of talent on the field and in the front office

Hail Murray!?! Hopkins caught it over 3 players. Coaches had them in position, players didn’t make the play.
That’s on the players.
Allen fumbled the snap in the Vikings game, not the coaches. Josh threw two interceptions in that game, not coaches. 
Josh slipped on his own during the qb sneak during the Titans game. 
We beat Miami 2 out of 3. With one being a playoff game. 
Josh was turning it over in the red zone. A lot. Towards the end of the season, when Josh was a turnover machine, we won a couple of games in spite of Josh. 
Josh led the league in turnovers. 
It’s ok to acknowledge Josh had his share of issues too. More than his share, actually. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

They are starting guys off the Bills practice squad and made the playoffs.  That’s not out coached, that’s the reality of a team that had no business being in the playoffs, but coaching got them there.

They got outcoached in the Eagles game.  IMO.

Your mileage may vary, that’s fine

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is the proper route. I'm convinced McDermott is basically telling Beane who to pick defensively on draft day. Josh is the only path to a SB.  Build your damn team around the offense.  Hire a offensive HC.  We're not winning a SB with McD botching picks or in game decisions. 

I'm sure you are right. I've felt sure all along that Bernard was 100% a McD pick. Small but slow (with, and here's the thing, good intangibles). And that is the sort of thing that has me saying he's got to go.

I’m kind of on the fence right now. What if McD dumped Dorsey and brought in Frank Reich to fill in that OC void?

Or

What if we just ***** canned our entire coaching staff and hired Brian Callahan to be our HC? He sure did great with Burrow, Stafford and Manning. 

Edited by Victory Formation

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

They got their ass kicked, that’s for sure.  They may have overestimated their own abilities and underestimated Philly.  I can see that argument.  Overall, it’s a flat out different league of talent.

3 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Sorry dudeski. I’ll try to make my 7th post more applicable. 

get more posts before I can be thought of more seriously right?

Yes. More posts (in the right places) = good

Starting threads when similar ones exist is frowned upon. There are plenty of threads to bash McD and Beane right now.

Josh went out on a limb for Dorsey. and McD let it happen.

WRONG. 

mcD is so passive in almost every way when it comes down in the big moments. Punt, play not to lose, bend but don’t break, let the other team and coaches dictate to them. His presser was even more brutal tonight . We didn’t go for it “bc we didnt get the right look from the other team” - mother ***** ! You dictate the terms! You smash them in the mouth - or call the unbeatable play! Another q - he answers yea well we had “two new play callers on offense and special team.” Eye roll. What a loser 

last week after Mia he says “gotta have faith in players and coaches to get things corrected” - no coach you need to dictate to your coaches - xyz

he calls so many defensive and special teams TO only to never it mean anything 

why this matters - play into is his decision about his assistants. HE needs to be RUTHLESS in assessing Leslie and Dorsey. He needs to take them to the wood shed . Hey ken- it should be and look easier for Josh. We can’t have Josh taking 30’***** deep shots . It’s lowpercentage. We can’t be always throwing end zone shots from 20-30

yards. Hey Leslie - you can’t run this crap. You can’t all out blitz and have DBs 10 yards off on 3 and 4! 

RUTHLESS. These assistants or the way they aremanaged arent good enough! Find better / replace them!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m kind of on the fence right now. What if McD dumped Dorsey and brought in Frank Reich to fill in that OC void?

Or

What if we just ***** canned our entire coaching staff and hired Brian Callahan to be our HC? He sure did great with Burrow, Stafford and Manning. 

What if we just fired McDermott and hired Reich?

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

McD was ranked as the 2ne best situational coach in the NFL this season next to Sirianni in Philly.

I'll listen to a lot of things on McD, this isn't one of them tho.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

I don’t care who made that ranking but it certainly can’t be game awareness.

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To an extent, but you can only play with the pieces you have. 

im not gonna say Daboll would be better than McD, but he was certainly better than Dorsey this season in some critical spots

Edited by Buffalo Junction

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe it was made by someone smarter than you.

Perhaps someone lacking eyesight.

More likely, it was a ranking based on statistically measurable outcomes like 4th down awareness (when to go for it etc) which is about .001% of overall situational awareness.

56 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Yeah this is just stupid.   They dont "have to go" because they arent going anywhere.    They've made the playoffs in 5 of the 6 years, won a higher percentage of regular season games than any coach and GM combo in Bills history, and drafted a franchise QB.   Pretty sure they arent going anywhere.

winning regular season games is your definition of success?  This combo is wasting JAs prime years.  period.  

Can we all agree that Dion Dawkins stinks. 

I’m tired of the Schno man getting absolutely overpowered by bull rushers and beaten by speed rushers. He’s not a quality starting left tackle. 

spencer brown, Ryan Bates and 34 year old Roger saffold  can all join that club too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.