Josh looked really defeated in his press conference.

bostonadguy

20 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

It’s funny, this is off-topic, but for some reason the OP made me think of it…

past couple seasons, it seemed like we were only a “couple pieces away” from winning a championship.

Then going into this season, it felt like we picked up the missing piece in Von Miller.

but as of right now, this very moment, it seems we have so many deficiencies that it’s more like “Where the hell do we even start?”

I wish I could believe this was easily fixable, but this really has the feel of taking several steps back (and quite possibly, the rest of our division may continue moving forward)

We got a CB2 but won't play him full time, signed Miller for pass rush finisher (IR), signed Daquan Jones to sure up the run defense (out injured today), down to our 4th safety. It all just came to a head today.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

It’s funny, this is off-topic, but for some reason the OP made me think of it…

past couple seasons, it seemed like we were only a “couple pieces away” from winning a championship.

Then going into this season, it felt like we picked up the missing piece in Von Miller.

but as of right now, this very moment, it seems we have so many deficiencies that it’s more like “Where the hell do we even start?”

I wish I could believe this was easily fixable, but this really has the feel of taking several steps back (and quite possibly, the rest of our division may continue moving forward)

It may look like that, but I think it’s scheme issues. Other than some aged players, we aren’t in bad shape. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

Watching his post game news conference he seemed just utterly defeated. You could see it in his eyes. I hope he takes a good break, refocuses with his QB coach and maybe some sports psychology. His body language was off all season. 

I do think they need to really assess the OC position. They got someone Allen trusted when they really need someone to hold Josh accountable. Daboll did that. Comes with experience.

After that Green Bay game it seemed to always be push pull with those two.

I’m not sure running it back for continuity’s sake is gonna work unless Beane acknowledges it was lack of talent on the OLine and Wide Receiver that held them both back.

I can’t help but think we need a coordinator that won’t waste Josh’s prime years.

Yeah, I would be too if my O-line couldn't protect me at all against a 4 or even 3-man rush when the other team is missing 3 O-line starters and our D barely sniffed Burrow all night.

This coaching staff and front office has gotten far too comfortable with the thought that Josh will find a way.  We say Josh is Superman and wears a cape, but even Superman was powerless against kryptonite, which is what the Cincy D was tonight.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Lots of hot takes will happen this week, but I feel like the bills forgot how to have fun this season. Everything kinda felt like a struggle. Gotta get back to playing loose and just having fun 

Ehhh . They were having too much fun. Too much social media. Dawkins ordering 1000 wings. Watch their practices. Looks like a goof off session w rap music 

• Agree 2

Allen will never say it, but when he looks at what the Chiefs have built around Mahomes and the Bengals around Burrow .. he has to feel let down by this organization, coaches and many of his teammates. 

And he has every right to feel that way. 

Bills need to really take a hard look at themselves this off-season, because Josh Allen now owns the 0-3 against Mahomes & Burrow in the playoffs… not the team, not the town.. he does, because that’s how it goes … and as Nate was saying on the post-game … it’s so unfair. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There’s a former Bills backup QB out there with HC experience. Bring him home and let him take the offense to the next level 

I wanted him instead of McD. Jury is still out but there’s no doubt that Reich is an amazing playcaller and designer. We would definitely improve.

Allen has to spend the whole offseason thinking about becoming a grownup.  Burrow showed that a QB has to manipulate the defense with his eyes and his brain.  Allen has spent too much of the year trying to break the opposing defense with “brute force.”  It doesn’t work and it’s going to get him killed.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

They got completely dominated today. The offense was as impotent as that 90 year old that married Anna Nicole. Of course he looked defeated. 

J. Howard Marshall.

That's pretty impotent, especially if you consider that he died in 1995!

210205_2020_act5a_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen will never say it, but when he looks at what the Chiefs have built around Mahomes and the Bengals around Burrow .. he has to feel let down by this organization, coaches and many of his teammates. 

Bills need to really take a hard look at themselves this off-season, because Josh Allen now owns the 0-3 against Mahomes & Burrow in the playoffs… not the team, not the town.. he does, because that’s how it goes … and as Nate was saying on the post-game … it’s so unfair. 

100%. We have nothing but hopes of Allen making a big play with his arm or legs.  Chiefs and Cincy have smooth, creative schemed offenses.  

Thats why the comparison of which QB is the best is tough. Allen would  flourish with a real offense..    Daboll was the closest person we had to that.

• Agree 3

Just now, billsfan3482 said:

100%. We have nothing but hopes of Allen making a big play with his arm or legs.  Chiefs and Cincy have smooth, creative schemed offenses.  

Thats why the comparison of which QB is the best is tough. Allen would  flourish with a real offense..    Daboll was the closest person we had to that.

Yup.  I’ll have to avoid the ridiculous talking heads for a while because I can’t stomach the Burrow/Mahomes > Allen takes.   

Trash our team/coaches .. fine.  It’s deserved.  

Allen has been given such a raw deal so far (when compared to the other elite guys). 

• Agree 4

As mediocre as the OL is, Josh has to bear a degree of the blame. He didn't look at all sharp. Lots of his completions weren't right on target and he was off on many throws. He may love Buffalo, and Buffalo may love him, but I think he'd be much better off on a warm climate team. I don't think he handles bad weather all that well.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Guarantee he doesn’t feel like that.

he went out on a limb for Dorsey. and McD let it happen.

WRONG. 

mcD is so passive in almost every way when it comes down in the big moments. Punt, play not to lose, bend but don’t break, let the other team and coaches dictate to them. His presser was even more brutal tonight . We didn’t go for it “bc we didnt get the right look from the other team” - mother ***** ! You dictate the terms! You smash them in the mouth - or call the unbeatable play! Another q - he answers yea well we had “two new play callers on offense and special team.” Eye roll. What a loser 

last week after Mia he says “gotta have faith in players and coaches to get things corrected” - no coach you need to dictate to your coaches - xyz

he calls so many defensive and special teams TO only to never it mean anything 

why this matters - play into is his decision about his assistants. HE needs to be RUTHLESS in assessing Leslie and Dorsey. He needs to take them to the wood shed . Hey ken- it should be and look easier for Josh. We can’t have Josh taking 30’***** deep shots . It’s low percentage. We can’t be always throwing end zone shots from 20-30

yards. Hey Leslie - you can’t run this crap. You can’t all out blitz and have DBs 10 yards off on 3 and 4! 

RUTHLESS. These assistants or the way they are managed arent good enough! Find better / replace them!

Edited by balln
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, I would be too if my O-line couldn't protect me at all against a 4 or even 3-man rush when the other team is missing 3 O-line starters and our D barely sniffed Burrow all night.

This coaching staff and front office has gotten far too comfortable with the thought that Josh will find a way.  We say Josh is Superman and wears a cape, but even Superman was powerless against kryptonite, which is what the Cincy D was tonight.

KC and Cincy are definitely McDermott's kryptonite.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, balln said:

Ehhh . They were having too much fun. Too much social media. Dawkins ordering 1000 wings. Watch their practices. Looks like a goof off session w rap music 

Things are definitely too comfortable for all of them and some of that is the fans fault. It should be fun to watch heads roll.

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Guarantee he doesn’t feel like that.

he went out on a limb for Dorsey. and McD let it happen.

WRONG. 

mcD is so passive in almost every way when it comes down in the big moments. Punt, play not to lose, bend but don’t break, let the other team and coaches dictate to them. His presser was even more brutal tonight . We didn’t go for it “bc we didnt get the right look from the other team” - mother ***** ! You dictate the terms! You smash them in the mouth - or call the unbeatable play! Another q - he answers yea well we had “two new play callers on offense and special team.” Eye roll. What a loser 

last week after Mia he says “amnesty gotta have faith in players and coaches to get things corrected” - no coach you need to dictate to your coaches - xyz

he calls so many defensive and special teams TO only to never it mean anything 

why this matters - play into is his decision about his assistants. HE needs to be RUTHLESS in assessing Leslie and Dorsey. He needs to take them to the wood shed . Hey ken- it should be and look easier for Josh. We can’t have Josh taking 30’***** deep shots . It’s low percentage. We can’t be always throwing end zone shots from 20-30

yards. Hey Leslie - you can’t run this crap. You can’t all out blitz and have DBs 10 yards off on 3 and 4! 

RUTHLESS. Find better / replace them!

replace McD.  He has ridden the JA coattails long enough.  

McD is spinless and coaches scared with his schemes, etc.  The D dictates nothing and is overly reactionary.  Bring in a Dick LeBeau type

Edited by RyanC883

45 minutes ago, bostonadguy said:

Watching his post game news conference he seemed just utterly defeated. You could see it in his eyes. I hope he takes a good break, refocuses with his QB coach and maybe some sports psychology. His body language was off all season. 

I do think they need to really assess the OC position. They got someone Allen trusted when they really need someone to hold Josh accountable. Daboll did that. Comes with experience.

After that Green Bay game it seemed to always be push pull with those two.

I’m not sure running it back for continuity’s sake is gonna work unless Beane acknowledges it was lack of talent on the OLine and Wide Receiver that held them both back.

I can’t help but think we need a coordinator that won’t waste Josh’s prime years.

I totally agree...And I've been harping on the Bills being more balance-minded on Offense forever. I just have a different philosophy about having a Franchise guy. The 1st thing I want to do is make it as easy as I possibly can for them. You do that by having a consistent run game, which in turn makes play-action easier. Then you go all kinds of mixed formations to scheme easy pass plays for YAC...You do that stuff and the over the top becomes easier. You have Josh Allen. He's going to do amazing things at times...

Dorsey did not show me much of anything this year...There were personnel issues granted. The Offensive Line struggled on and off all year. And the games where they really ran it well outside of Josh were rare. All receivers outside of Diggs could have been better this year. All of them. But Dorsey was certainly not up to that challenge. I think Josh was for the most part. But he needed help his OC and his organization could not give him this year. And the only way they turn this thing around immediately is to find that formula around Josh that makes everything easier, if only by a moderate degree. Anything would help. 

I think the easiest way around this whole thing is the people in place understanding and recognizing the problems. On Offense and Defense. If they get honest about it, I think they have the people in place in Coaching (for the most part) and at GM to get it done. But they have to have a deep gut check on everything...Especially on making life easier for their Franchise QB. B-)

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

KC and Cincy are definitely McDermott's kryptonite.  

Post-season KC

Too early to know about Cincy.  They destroyed us because our scheme is trash and we won’t budge from it.  

We literally blitzed while White was ten yards off Chase on 3rd and 5.   Random college QB’s can make that read.  

We sent delayed blitzes all day when Burrow was getting it out under 2.5 secs.   What the literal ****!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.