So...is it a rebuild or is it a try again?

Hebert19

It's a bit of a rebuild I am afraid. We have needs at almost every position. Here are our core players (excl ST):

Allen

Diggs

Dawkins

Morse (if he keeps playing)

Knox

Rousseau

Milano

Hyde (if he recovers fully)

We have a few areas where we are OK with potential like RB, and Taron Johnson at slot CB. Elam hopefully continues to improve. 

The rest of the team is up for competition. That is too many holes to fill.

Not a rebuild but you could say a major tweak is necessary

For coaches: Fire Frazier and Dorsey. Both are not good enough

Players:  Deep assessment on Poyer and White, If they are both done (as it has appeared lately) then cut

Cut Brown, Singletary

last chance to Oliver, Davis

Dont touch Diggs, dont even think about it.

Draft Oline, trade for oline, Sign Oline

Just reload

Draft offense early 

I’d prefer oline but I get wr

And please keep Diggs. Just throw him the dang ball consistently. He’s a monster. 

I’d prefer a new defensive coordinator. Frazier is ok but we can’t keep getting gashed but upper tier teams when we invest so heavily in athletes on the defensive side 

Let those guys be animals.

We use a first round pick on a corner who flashed all season and we don’t say “Hey go get in Chase’s grill”

Thats on coaching. 

5 minutes ago, Bandito said:

What adjustments? I agree they aren't a horrible team but they really aren't capitalizing on their window. The NFL = Not For Long

Look at the Titans. Their window is closed and they made the AFC title game two years ago. The Bills window isn't closed but it is close to it

Take a long hard look at offensive and defensive play calling and decide whether it can be fixed with the current coaches or if it's time for a change (I'm pretty certain they'll do this anyway). Go heavy offense in the draft, o line and wr's. Re sign veteran players at reasonable cost if possible. 

Case and point, this team doesnt need a massive overhaul. There is a ton of talent on this team. They just need some upgrades, and maybe some upgrades on the coaching staff 

Cap says it’s try again. 

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

Another year like this and Josh will be putting his house up for sale. He’s not gonna stick around for this. He should have a list of demands and if they aren’t met, hit the road after next season. He doesn’t owe us anything.

He hasn’t completed building it yet

12 minutes ago, Bandito said:

What adjustments? I agree they aren't a horrible team but they really aren't capitalizing on their window. The NFL = Not For Long

Look at the Titans. Their window is closed and they made the AFC title game two years ago. The Bills window isn't closed but it is close to it

I would argue the Bengals just slammed it shut.  The Bills are going to have to fight for the AFCE for the foreseeable future let alone a superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Rebuild? Cmon. This team is a few adjustments away from being a championship team 

If by few you mean completely new offensive and defensive lines, new safeties, better corners, an actual pass rusher, a new/better OC, a change in conservative/scared defensive philosophy, 3 new WRs...then I totally agree with you.

25 minutes ago, Trock said:

These all sound reasonable. I’d keep Diggs though unless he continues his constant complaining. 

Or listen to his complaints and solve the problems he is pointing out. 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

If by few you mean completely new offensive and defensive lines, new safeties, better corners, an actual pass rusher, a new/better OC, a change in conservative/scared defensive philosophy, 3 new WRs...then I totally agree with you.

we made the final 8 last year and the final 8 this year.  Among the final 8 teams we are not the youngest, and we have the worst salary cap situation.  We are not a couple of tweaks away. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Rebuild? Cmon. This team is a few adjustments away from being a championship team 

bought that three years ago, and two years ago and last year…  eventually you need enough self awareness to realize something bigger needs to change.  

how many bills would’ve started for that cinci team today? They were better at almost every position. Maybe punter? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yes, yes and yes? Though I don't agree we need 3 new wr's. We need a solid number 2. Diggs, a solid 2, Davis and Shakir and maybe a veteran. And we need Hyde back with a better safety, or Poyer if we can re sign him 

Edited by Steptide

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Another year like this and Josh will be putting his house up for sale. He’s not gonna stick around for this. He should have a list of demands and if they aren’t met, hit the road after next season. He doesn’t owe us anything.

I was thinking this too.

based on abuse he takes in guess he’s got 2-4 years left anyway 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Governor said:

He hasn’t completed building it yet

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Or listen to his complaints and solve the problems he is pointing out. 

we made the final 8 last year and the final 8 this year.  Among the final 8 teams we are not the youngest, and we have the worst salary cap situation.  We are not a couple of tweaks away. 

He’s becoming a primadonna. He doesn’t see the full picture. 

Not a remake, but a pretty big retool.  Predictions:

1.  Morse retires, and they let Saffold and Bates go.  Draft a C and sign a FA guard.  Boettger takes the LG spot.  

2.  Poyer goes.  Oliver is not extended.  Singletary comes back because there isn’t a big market for RBs.

3.  Draft two O linemen and a S the first 3 rounds.  Shakir becomes the # 2 to Diggs.

4.  Edmunds is signed, and Frazier moves on.  We get a DC with a more aggressive mentality.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.