I said this Last Year McDermott lacks the killer instinct.

Rebel101

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

McDermott has the same thing to some degree as Doug Marrone did. 

He's seen it all, done it all, been in every situation, always gives a generic answer. I find him dismissive of real football questions. 

But then you see Sean out there in 2022 playing Pat Mahomes with a prevent defense like its 1983. 

Then we get to the Divisional in 2023 and it's Cincinnati, again it's soft zone, not challenging WRs. 

Today, you can get the All-22, there are ex-NFL QBs who break this film down now and explain scheme. So these generic answers by McDermott and Frazier don't hold weight. 

Do the Bills feel cutting edge? 

This may just be my incorrect perception, but...

The best OCs out there design a "family" of plays that emerge from an IDENTICAL set with IDENTICAL personnel on the field.  But from that look, they can do like 4 totally different things.

They might do option 1, two times, and then line up that way on a big 3rd down.  The D says "we've seen this before, I know what they are going to do" but then you hit them with option 4 from that same set, and they are caught totally by surprise.

To me, this is a part of "advanced" coordinating at the NFL level.

Does Dorsey even do things like this?  My perception is he does not.

How many times have we been penalized for a pick?  We should be doing that stuff ALL THE TIME and eventually, you'll get called for it.

Hell, when was the last time we ran a successful screen, slants, so many other things!

I think this is why our YAC is terrible.  The game plan seems to be "run around, when I see you standing somewhere without anyone near you, I'll throw you the ball."

And then when it's caught, 3 defenders descend on the receiver with zero shot at gaining extra yardage.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In your mind, the divisional round against the Pats last year was a close game or something?

That’s all you got? The divisional opponent part is probably the only reason that game played as such. And Belicheat. Because the Dolphins wild card round this year was I believe a game on its own every coach should be fired for & we won. It was a lack of coaching, a lack of having your men prepared, it was a lack of keeping them hungry, instead of letting them believe they were gonna walk in there n walk out with a W. Seemed as if they treated the bengals game as such as well. No heart, no fire just walked in like no matter what JA got it. Coach is weak 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This may just be my incorrect perception, but...

The best OCs out there design a "family" of plays that emerge from an IDENTICAL set with IDENTICAL personnel on the field.  But from that look, they can do like 4 totally different things.

They might do option 1, two times, and then line up that way on a big 3rd down.  The D says "we've seen this before, I know what they are going to do" but then you hit them with option 4 from that same set, and they are caught totally by surprise.

To me, this is a part of "advanced" coordinating at the NFL level.

Does Dorsey even do things like this?  My perception is he does not.

How many times have we been penalized for a pick?  We should be doing that stuff ALL THE TIME and eventually, you'll get called for it.

Hell, when was the last time we ran a successful screen, slants, so many other things!

I think this is why our YAC is terrible.  The game plan seems to be "run around, when I see you standing somewhere without anyone near you, I'll throw you the ball."

And then when it's caught, 3 defenders descend on the receiver with zero shot at gaining extra yardage.

I agree and the receivers have too free of an option to go deep if they think they can beat the DB. A WR will always think he can beat the DB

9 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

That’s all you got? The divisional opponent part is probably the only reason that game played as such. And Belicheat. Because the Dolphins wild card round this year was I believe a game on its own every coach should be fired for & we won. It was a lack of coaching, a lack of having your men prepared, it was a lack of keeping them hungry, instead of letting them believe they were gonna walk in there n walk out with a W. Seemed as if they treated the bengals game as such as well. No heart, no fire just walked in like no matter what JA got it. Coach is weak 

That's all I got?  WTF?  We literally scored on every single drive and played a perfect offensive game.  In your mind, that doesn't count as a beat down and that's pretty crazy.

"Let them believe they were gonna walk in there n walk out with a W?"  JA is a major reason why the Dolphins stayed in the game.  3 turnovers, 1 for a TD and the other at the 18 yard line, the last one coming back to midfield.

I'm down on McDermott right now too but I'm not going to exaggerate and judge him.  "All his strength comes from his inner faith...god doesn't answer my prayers".  

Geezus.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:59 AM, Billever76 said:

The process is Allen playing like superman and the defense not living up to all the resources it is swallowing

Oh, please. Before the injuries started we were widely considered the best roster in the league, certainly top couple. And up till the Von Miller and Micah Hyde injuries, and many others and finally Poyer and White injuries making them shells of their former selves, and on top of that DaQuan missing our most important game, that D was kicking butt. That D held the Chiefs to 20 this year.

And the offense started not running very well and gradually figured out how to get a really nice RB run game going.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:46 AM, Billever76 said:

Maybe one day you will see the forest from the trees too

Zero substance there, zero. When you start to see posts like these, you know the person hasn't got all that much of an argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

He has no balls bro. He gets scared, he allows teams to stay in the game or come back by applying softer and safer methods. When we are up at 30 at half and we are fighting at the end. Something inside his body turns into a little girl during the playoffs. He doesn’t have the heart inside of his body to beat a team into submission. All his inner strength comes from his faith. I don’t know about you but God doesn’t answer my prayers. He has repeatedly shown he doesn’t have what it takes to bully a team nor finish a season. 

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

In your mind, the divisional round against the Pats last year was a close game or something?

16 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Um, it's not that that's all he's got. It's that that was all he needed. Your statement was unspecific, weak and obviously wrong, on many points. The most obvious being that a team that allows teams to say in the game or come back wouldn't have won games this year by 21, 34, 35 and 22 points. Most of those did come early in the season before the injuries softened up the D so much, but this is a team that has crushed a lot of teams over the past couple of years.

He pointed out one of a bunch of examples where we absolutely put teams away the last few years under McDermott. And destroyed your flaccid little argument.

Then you throw a bunch of word salad at him, empty justifications, irrelevant nonsense and the logical equivalent of saying "is not is not is not," and pretend you made your point. You didn't. You just threw a bunch of arguments at the wall and hoped some stuck. They didn't. And the final fizzle is the usual, "it's a lack of coaching" with zero specifics backing that up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Um, it's not that that's all he's got. It's that that was all he needed. Your statement was unspecific, weak and obviously wrong, on many points. The most obvious being that a team that allows teams to say in the game or come back wouldn't have won games this year by 21, 34, 35 and 22 points. Most of those did come early in the season before the injuries softened up the D so much, but this is a team that has crushed a lot of teams over the past couple of years.

He pointed out one of a bunch of examples where we absolutely put teams away the last few years under McDermott. And destroyed your flaccid little argument.

Then you throw a bunch of word salad at him, empty justifications, irrelevant nonsense and the logical equivalent of saying "is not is not is not," and pretend you made your point. You didn't. You just threw a bunch of arguments at the wall and hoped some stuck. They didn't. And the final fizzle is the usual, "it's a lack of coaching" with zero specifics backing that up.

I shouldn’t need specifics and if youve read my other posts I’ve named some. Maybe we don’t watch the same games. Because the coaching isn’t there. If I wanted to throw ***** on a wall I’d pull up to your house 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:57 PM, Mark Vader said:

Do you have replacements in mind?

Don't just hit & run.

Im sure Frank Reich would have been interested. Buffalo ties and well respected in the football community. 

I don't really follow the available coaches. I'm confident in saying that there would be great interest in coaching Bflo. Pretty sure they could land a high quality coaching staff. Hard to say if it would be an upgrade...

Edited by newcam2012

On 2/1/2023 at 8:28 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, please. Before the injuries started we were widely considered the best roster in the league, certainly top couple. And up till the Von Miller and Micah Hyde injuries, and many others and finally Poyer and White injuries making them shells of their former selves, and on top of that DaQuan missing our most important game, that D was kicking butt. That D held the Chiefs to 20 this year.

And the offense started not running very well and gradually figured out how to get a really nice RB run game going.

Zero substance there, zero. When you start to see posts like these, you know the person hasn't got all that much of an argument.

That defense is no longer affordable and the draft track record of this regime since 2019 is atrocious.

I know other teams passed on DK and AJ Brown - I’d like to not be the team taking Cody Ford over them.   

The big benefit we got from rookie contract Josh Allen was an elite defense against horrible to ok offenses - that choked in big games vs elite ones.  Very little capital outside of Diggs used on offense.   

We’re in the retool phase now - centered around the contract of a 34 year old DE off an ACL tear. 

This will be Beane’s toughest year since 2017.  

The Eagles have won a SB, fired their coach, traded, & drafted another QB and are back in the Super Bowl during Mcdermott & Beane’s Tenure. No? Why are we complacent with the current Buffalo Bills coaching & front office personnel? Why do we think they have brought the Bills over the hump? I feel like we are Tampa Bay & we have to fire the soft old Tony for the young fiery John. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Eagles had a 3-Man QB Controversy between Wentz, Foles, and Hurts that pitted Coaches against Coaches, and Coaches against Front Office.

That is the only reason they fired Pederson and revamped the coaching staff.

Not some guru GM amazing foresight.

No a GM who sees a winner n isn’t scared to do what needs to be done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Eagles had a 3-Man QB Controversy between Wentz, Foles, and Hurts that pitted Coaches against Coaches, and Coaches against Front Office.

That is the only reason they fired Pederson and revamped the coaching staff.

Not some guru GM amazing foresight.

firing your SB winner and then going with Hurts as your starter (and getting picks for Wentz) took some big nuts.

Plus there's this:

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

firing your SB winner and then going with Hurts as your starter (and getting picks for Wentz) took some big nuts.

Plus there's this:

I dont think it was big guts to move on from Wentz. And if Pederson wanted to make a stink about it and lay his neck on the line then so be it.

I give Rosen a bunch of credit, dont get me wrong.

I just dont see how any of that is analogous to the Bills situation. Other than folks wanting the Bills to fire a winning HC, but without the rationale.

36 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

The Eagles have won a SB, fired their coach, traded, & drafted another QB and are back in the Super Bowl during Mcdermott & Beane’s Tenure. No? Why are we complacent with the current Buffalo Bills coaching & front office personnel? Why do we think they have brought the Bills over the hump? I feel like we are Tampa Bay & we have to fire the soft old Tony for the young fiery John. 

The fired Pederson after he went:

9-7

9-7

4-11

That’s a bit different than

10-6

13-3

12-5

13-3 

No?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.