This one hurts.....

I've been a Bills fan since the OJ years, growing up in the Town of Tonawanda. The Bills have been and will always, be my team. I moved to Houston 22 years ago, but still passionately root for my team. I have suffered during the dark years, post the Music City BS. I hated the Rex Ryan hire, which wasted more precious years away. Josh was my pick for the draft that year; no one looked better to represent the Bills than Josh. He's proven to be exactly what we need. I've been so happy watching my team the past few years. 

However, this game today just took all the wind out of my sails. I just don't know how much more miserable such an important, home playoff game could have been. This one hurts more than the Kansas City loss last year. It also tops the Texans defeat in overtime. The key difference being that in both those games, we were competitive and could easily have won. This game was over in the 1st quarter. It's like they didn't plan for the Bengals at all. 

It will be a long time before I can even read anything about the Bills again. It just hurts.....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

It was not fun, it was frustrating.

Lighten up. We made it to the second round of the playoffs and only lost 3 times in reg season. It was a great year.  Your expectations were inflated. 

Edited by Trock
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Dislike 2

Nah, last year was way worse.  They were paper tigers this year.  I'm not surprised or nearly as upset as I was last year.  Hope we get some coaching/coordinator changes this year though, like we should have last year (I'm looking at the DC here).

• Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As much as I feel bad. Its not as bad as last year where we actually gave up a victory due to stupidity. This season for me just had one gigantic shadow over it after Hyde and then Miller injuries and the multitude of others.  The Hamlin injury was just the latest iteration of this doom. It was like we were kidding ourselves that any team that endured what we had could get to the promised land. The clock finally struck 12 today.

5 minutes ago, Trock said:

Lighten up. We made it to the second round of the playoffs and only lost 3 times in reg season. It was a great year.  Your expectations were inflated. 

A team that was expected to win a Super Bowl and not coming close is not a great year. Only get a few chances at this before window starts to close and these past 2 years were prime opportunities that were squandered.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

I wanted to believe this year. The rankings and stats look nice and all but watching the team you could see there was a lot of flaws. I didn’t really think we were going to make it to the super bowl with the issues. I was happy to go along with the ride and maybe I was wrong and they would surprise me but I guess not. 

I hope we can plug our holes, Josh gets healthy and cleans up his issues and Dorsey improves as OC. I’m not a huge fan of the defense. Outside of Von we have struggled with pass rush since McDermott got here. Spent a lot of resources on it with poor results. I’d it coaching, the players or both? Also we struggle against above average qbs or balanced offenses and is a big reason why we haven’t been to a super bowl. They seem to live and die by the scheme. They don’t like to adjust to what other teams have figured out. Idk what to do there. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

This one hurts more than the Kansas City loss last year. It also tops the Texans defeat in overtime. The key difference being that in both those games, we were competitive and could easily have won.

I'm from the T of T too! 

The fact that we could have won those games is what made them worse...much worse...than today.

We got our butts handed to us today.  This one hurts, no doubt, but nothing CLOSE to 13 seconds! 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

A team that was expected to win a Super Bowl and not coming close is not a great year. Only get a few chances at this before window starts to close and these past 2 years were prime opportunities that were squandered.

Who expected them to win the Super Bowl? They met or exceeded expectations. Our window is Josh Allen and we have another 10 years. 

13 minutes ago, Trock said:

Its not that bad.  It was a great year,

very fun.  Already looking forward to next year.  Go Bills!!

Big fan, huh?

You sound like my brother in law.  If the team is great and on TV, he might watch for a few minutes.

If we are bad, he'll go entire seasons without knowing a thing about the team.

He's a casual fan.  Nothing wrong with that, but some of us give a crap more about this team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.