We are in HC purgatory

Ethan in Cleveland

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

We are stuck and there is no way out. Pegula is not going to get rid of Beane and McDermott.  McDermott has done too much for the franchise and the city to be canned. So we will waste another year on Dungy 2.0 only to come up short again. We are now on three years wasted of the best QB play this team has ever had. And nothing to show for it. Next year will be four and the cap situation will only keep getting worse. 

This team needed a teacher and a father figure. Now they need a mercenary assassin. Give Josh Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh and Bills win the SuperBowl next year. 

Its not going to happen so we had just be prepared for another year of this crap. When McDermott says we will learn and grow from this I hope some reporter has the balls to say when do you stop learning and winning instead?

Its not going to happen as you said twice.. so I hope venting about it here helps in some way

3 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I give McDermott the option to have 2 new coordinators to start the season or then we part ways.

Let's not kid ourselves.  Sean McDermott is the Marty Schottenheimer version of this era.  Great wonderful likeable guy dripping in culture,  process and team bonding.  But as a defensive HC, he has now failed in his last 4 playoff exits.  He runs a soft zone which requires a monster pass rush that he does not have.  He knew he failed on the 3 DE's when he went after Von. Meanwhile Josh's OL gets worse every year.  Pure stupidity. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

We are stuck and there is no way out. Pegula is not going to get rid of Beane and McDermott.  McDermott has done too much for the franchise and the city to be canned. So we will waste another year on Dungy 2.0 only to come up short again. We are now on three years wasted of the best QB play this team has ever had. And nothing to show for it. Next year will be four and the cap situation will only keep getting worse. 

This team needed a teacher and a father figure. Now they need a mercenary assassin. Give Josh Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh and Bills win the SuperBowl next year. 

Its not going to happen so we had just be prepared for another year of this crap. When McDermott says we will learn and grow from this I hope some reporter has the balls to say when do you stop learning and winning instead?

Stop the $850 million dollar check to the new Buffalo Bills stadium that will get that bum Terry Pegula to fire this Buffalo Bills coaching staff real fast. Because it is all about the money for this horrible owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I still have faith in Beane, but I just don't think we ever get there with this coaching staff.  Even when the players change for the better, the same failed philosophy remains.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah his first game.

Thought we were discussing McD's PO resume and not JA's. Got mixed up.

Correct.

Houston loss was JA's first time in postseason.

Jacksonville loss two years prior was McD's first PO game here. 

I'm not ready to get rid of the head coach. If they want to change coordinators...fine. They do need a scheme change on D when it gets to playoff time.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Jim Harbaugh win a Superbowl??????? What parallel dimension are you in? No coach comes up small in big spots more than Jim Harbaugh.

He almost won two SuperBowls with Colin Kapernick. He was one holding call away from winning the trophy.  He's done far more than McD has ever done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let's not kid ourselves.  Sean McDermott is the Marty Schottenheimer version of this era.  Great wonderful likeable guy dripping in culture,  process and team bonding.  But as a defensive HC, he has now failed in his last 4 playoff exits.  He runs a soft zone which requires a monster pass rush that he does not have.  He knew he failed on the 3 DE's when he went after Von. Meanwhile Josh's OL gets worse every year.  Pure stupidity. 

I would really love to hear from the folks who think the Bills can win a championship with this current coaching staff.  What's going to be the difference maker with the same coaches and same coaching philosophy?  I just don't see it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do you think the Eagles said this every year of Andy Reid's tenure there? What about his first 5 or 6 years in Kansas City? He is a HOF head coached that took over 20 years to win his first Super Bowl. Relax

Allen isn’t going to play for 20 years. Franchise QB don’t just fall out of trees. There is a finite window to win and that’s now.

This staff has learned nothing from the AFC Championship loss nor last years 13 seconds debacle.  Always coach scared in the biggest moments.  Now we have wasted 3 years of Josh Allen’s prime. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Do you think the Eagles said this every year of Andy Reid's tenure there? What about his first 5 or 6 years in Kansas City? He is a HOF head coached that took over 20 years to win his first Super Bowl. Relax

But he switched coordinators a dozens times to save his job. 

13 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I give McDermott the option to have 2 new coordinators to start the season or then we part ways.

You want him to pick the DC though? Can’t mandate a scheme change I would think, he’ll just pick a new guy, to run this same garbage 

Just now, Blazman11 said:

Allen isn’t going to play for 20 years. Franchise QB don’t just fall out of trees. There is a finite window to win and that’s now.

This staff has learned nothing from the AFC Championship loss nor last years 13 seconds debacle.  Always coach scared in the biggest moments.  Now we have wasted 3 years of Josh Allen’s prime. 

No sh*t Allen isn't gonna play for 20 years, my point is, Andy Reid has had 3 mediocre QBs before Mahomes finally got him there after 20 years and won one. My point is, I still take McDermott over whatever else is out there at this point after what he has done for this franchise

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He almost won two SuperBowls with Colin Kapernick. He was one holding call away from winning the trophy.  He's done far more than McD has ever done. 

He bottles every big game and just lost to a much inferior TCU team in a playoff. Harbaugh is a turnaround merchant, not a winner. Maybe McDermott is the same. But replacing one with the other would be a frying pan and fire scenario. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.