Beane’s mediocre draft record

Shanahan's Horseshoe

3 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Your in the part of thinking every first/second rounder is immediate starter, all star. Statistically speaking how does that work? I guess players like mayfield, Darnold and Rosen are all playing next week? How about Chase (DC), the lions, giants and my favorite Kyle Pitts. Wilson, Jones, Lance? The WR for Atalanta or rock solid Sauce. All those teams still in it due to their play and coaches?🤷🏼‍♂️ dig deep enough and you can find the flaws in every single player in the NFL, the coaches and owners. At the end of the day how many were still in it before last week?

My expectation isn’t to have every player hit.  I’m we’ll aware that there are busts on every team. Not drafting a single pro bowler or elite player in 4 years is not acceptable. There are plenty of rookies that start.  If AJ or Boogie were good picks  we wouldn’t have go blow out our cap to sign Von.  Do you see how those two misses not only efect games like today but negatively impact next year as well?

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The two positions we’ve invested in the most the last few years is DL and RB and well…we may need to invest in DL some more. 

I think we’re at the point where we need to acknowledge that McBeane are terrible at evaluating DL talent. 

Star Lotulelei, Vernon Butler, Mario Addison, Quinton Jefferson, Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips, Jordan Phillips, Tim Settle, Greg Rousseau, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, Shaq Lawson, and DaQuan Jones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

My expectation isn’t to have every player hit.  I’m we’ll aware that there are busts on every team. Not drafting a single pro bowler or elite player in 4 years is not acceptable. There are plenty of rookies that start.  If AJ or Boogie were good picks  we wouldn’t have go blow out our cap to sign Von.  Do you see how those two misses not only efect games like today but negatively impact next year as well?

White, Milano, Dawkins, Allen (Diggs) are pro bowlers. Personally I don’t see many out of the Covid draft classes as all stars and certainly not those two, not sure steam wouldn’t jump at signing Von regardless (a tried). Also there are players I’d have loved the Bills to take in place of the two named, as well as Elam, Cook, Edmonds and even White. 🤷🏼‍♂️ A few shoes I should keep my day job and the others, well I should keep my day job cause capital taken to get wouldn’t justify the moves. 
Pro bowl is a popularity contest anyways. Give me the unsung hero who plays his guts out to get the W, as noted earlier Pacheco or even the D lineman Buffalo stole a few wells back kings-something lol the Jason Peters of the world have more value. Brock Purdy looks decent enough if given an opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

White, Milano, Dawkins, Allen (Diggs) are pro bowlers. Personally I don’t see many out of the Covid draft classes as all stars and certainly not those two, not sure steam wouldn’t jump at signing Von regardless (a tried). Also there are players I’d have loved the Bills to take in place of the two named, as well as Elam, Cook, Edmonds and even White. 🤷🏼‍♂️ A few shoes I should keep my day job and the others, well I should keep my day job cause capital taken to get wouldn’t justify the moves. 
Pro bowl is a popularity contest anyways. Give me the unsung hero who plays his guts out to get the W, as noted earlier Pacheco or even the D lineman Buffalo stole a few wells back kings-something lol the Jason Peters of the world have more value. Brock Purdy looks decent enough if given an opportunity. 

I clearly said in the last 4 years.  I started the thread saying the same. You sound drunk.  This is pointless LOL

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

What gets me is all these other teams who hit on absolute play makers within two years in the league. We NEVER get those. 

Yep, when was the last time we drafted an elite player outside of Allen?  Tre White? Before that Lynch? Our drafts have sucked. Maybe we can draft some more Cody Fords,  Kolby Listenbees, TJ Grahams, and Aaron Maybins. 

2 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Which others are you referring? Please elaborate. 49’s with Mr irrelevant and a horde of firsts? Eagles? KC? Do tell. 

Two or more were big contributors for cin today. 
Kc has karlaftis, Pacheco, Moore, mcduffie

i could go on

Edited by ngbills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Lindstrom OG was taken 14 and Bradberry C at 18.  Lindstrom finally made a pro bowl this year and Bradberry did not get his option picked up.  Taking Oliver up grade the interior D line with Star, Harrison Phillips and Jordan Phillips.  Oliver is a keeper IMO

McD is slow to use young guys.  Only way to learn is through play and they will make mistakes.  

Im sure Utica Club meant interior defensive linemen. Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence and Jeffery Simmons were all taken in the 1st, after Oliver. 

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

I mentioned this another thread too, but Beane has done a solid job of stocking the team with “good” players. But very very very few “elite” players. We have no Bosa’s, or Watts, or Chris Jones etc.

And he doesn’t seem to want to give up draft assets to acquire an elite asset like McAffrey.

Exactly, not trading for mccaffery was a huge mistake.

Trying to be competitive every year is pointless if you never win the Superbowl. Id rather load up and win then rebuild with higher draft picks .

Dont want to be 12-5 forever and get bounced every year like the bucs did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.