Beane’s mediocre draft record

Shanahan's Horseshoe

We are filled to the cap space brim. All that money spent on defense just to roll over when it matters. White is not White, hopefully he returns to form next year or we are in trouble. Elam and Benford aren’t going to win us a super bowl. Might as well go all out in the draft for offensive power weapons to out shoot teams while Miller and Hyde heal up and Groot continues to progress. 

We need a star WR opposite of Diggs, if Diggs goes down, we are in serious trouble. We need to Oline help. If it was my call, I would not draft a single defensive player in the upcoming draft even if we can’t re-sign Edmunds/Poyer. It should be more weapons and protection for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I don't see this changing without a regime change. Beane and McDermott have made it clear this is the type of team they want, and it clearly doesn't work.

Take a chance on some low character guys, manage them correctly. 

If your system can be poisoned by 1-2 guys, how do you expect to win with such fragility?

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

compared to say the cheifs and bengals? 

Id say we’ve drafted pretty similarly to the Chiefs, and we’ll see how they stack up against the Bengals in Arrowhead, but the big difference is they have a monster in the middle of their DL in Chris Jones. 

They also play their rookies.  

Who knows what Elam, Cook and Shakir could’ve given us if they were given regular reps all season. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

If your system can be poisoned by 1-2 guys, how do you expect to win with such fragility?

Honestly, this team has been weak and not many people wanted to admit it. We get pushed around when facing good teams. We need major Oline investments and another WR weapon for Allen. That is where I would dedicate all my resources this year. Let Miller and Hyde regroup and roll with the loss of either Edmunds/Poyer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Stop looking around for players and coaches to blame. The last 4 drafts haven’t given this team a single star. 
A couple decent role players like Oliver, Rousseau, Knox, Singletary and Dane and that’s about it.  Brutal misses like AJ, Boogie, Moss and Ford. 
The most egregious being the OL and DL.  
So when Josh plays bad, this team is not good because Beane has done an awful job in 1-3 rounds the last 4 years. 

It’s because he falls into the trap of drafting for need instead of value…he’s constantly reaching on prospects to fill a need…

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bouds said:

Beane's picks in the trenches have been abysmal.  OL/DL just brutal.

And it’s precisely why we won’t win a super bowl until we can control the games at will. We had no answer for Cinci’s attack. White is obviously not White. We have no money to spend this offseason, so our only chance is to outshoot opponents next year. We should be drafting 3 Olinemen and a good WR, if not Beane needs to be fired. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Id say we’ve drafted pretty similarly to the Chiefs, and we’ll see how they stack up against the Bengals in Arrowhead, but the big difference is they have a monster in the middle of their DL in Chris Jones. 

Who knows what Elam, Cook and Shakir could’ve given us if they were given regular reps all season. 

Nick Bolton, Sneed, Karlaftis, Moore

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Everyone plays their rookies except McD. Then Beane will sign a geezer off the street to take a rookies spot to “learn under”. Babying these players for 3 years to earn trust in them forces you to drag their assessment out, when all you had to do was put them in games and assess their development from the beginning.

• Agree 5

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Honestly, this team has been weak and not many people wanted to admit it. We get pushed around when facing good teams. We need major Oline investments and another WR weapon for Allen. That is where I would dedicate all my resources this year. Let Miller and Hyde regroup and roll with the loss of either Edmunds/Poyer. 

100%

Id honestly let Edmunds and Poyer walk.  

If they have money they can free up for Edmunds, use it in FA on OL. 

All Day 1 and Day 2 picks should be WR & OL. 

Fill out the Defense for our new coordinator on Day 3.   There will be weaknesses on the defense .. so be it, that’s the reality now.   They don’t show up in the playoffs anyway. 

The key is getting 1-2 elite players on defense to anchor your cheap guys/rookie contracts around, like the Chiefs do with Chris Jones. 

5 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Nick Bolton, Sneed, Karlaftis, Moore

Yea .. seems pretty similar to the type of guys we’ve drafted. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I actually think there is a good chance White hangs it up after the Hamlin incident. Plus his second concussion today. 

Love  the dude and wish him well. But that’s what my guys telling me. 

So basically, look forward to another CB. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

100%

Id honestly let Edmunds and Poyer walk.  

If they have money they can free up for Edmunds, use it in FA on OL. 

All Day 1 and Day 2 picks should be WR & OL. 

Fill out the Defense for our new coordinator on Day 3.   There will be weaknesses on the defense .. so be it, that’s the reality now.   They don’t show up in the playoffs anyway. 

The key is getting 1-2 elite players on defense to anchor your cheap guys/rookie contracts around, like the Chiefs do with Chris Jones. 

Yea .. seems pretty similar to the type of guys we’ve drafted. 

Yep. I have lost all faith in the defensive angle. A ton of draft capital and FAs to get absolutely rolled by top talent. It’s shoot out mode now and roll with a few defensive stops from time to time. Star WR and OL OL OL. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I'm assuming you mean the 1-2 low character guys will wreck the entire locker room? 

If that's the case you had a weak culture anyways.

They need to try something different, we either get embarrassed or are in the wrong end of the "game of the year" every year, not a good spit to be in.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, schoolhouserock said:

Elam should have gotten more play this season. Full stop. That’s not on Beane. It all works together.

Pretty much.  

Our most talented CB doesn’t see the field for reasons nobody that studies tape can explain. 

Our most talented RB needs to be perfect or it’s back to the bench. 

Shakir … I mean, how on earth did this man not get more playing time this year. He’s clearly one of our top 3 WR’s on this team. 

The Bernard pick makes me want to vomit right now, but there’s a ton of promise moving forward with those 3 and whatever Benford can be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.