I've come to accept our offensive scheme relies on Allen too much

Big Turk

It's taken me a while but our scheme just basically relies on Allen to be a superhero too much. Basically if he is off, or the other team has a great scheme against him, we have a hard time consistently playing well on offense.

Sure we will get our plays because Allen is still Allen. But it's got to the point that we need to stop taking that for granted and get him some help. 

It's like when you have a great worker who can make up for 3 people being out by piling more work on him.

Sure...that works for a while but then you eventually burn that worker out and when something comes up that needs all his attention other areas start failing since he can't bail them out.

I guess what I am saying is we need more answers on offense that don't include Josh Allen being an alien, because our offense relies on that more than any other in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fix the OL, I mean LEGITIMATELY FIX the OL, and this team performs a lot different. He's running for his life every week. He was hurried on over 50% of his drop backs today and hit numerous times. This is after the disaster we saw last week. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Fix the OL, I mean LEGITIMATELY FIX the OL, and this team performs a lot different. He's running for his life every week. He was hurried on over 50% of his drop backs today and hit numerous times. This is after the disaster we saw last week. 

We have maybe two starting-caliber OL right now in Dawkins (who is massively overrated) and Morse. Brown is solid but I think he's been playing hurt this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

Stop building the D-Line, get more talent on OL and weapons.

The defense will fall in the rankings, but you win SB's with offense these days.

Defence can’t get much worse than today , so there is that as well

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

We have maybe two starting-caliber OL right now in Dawkins (who is massively overrated) and Morse. Brown is solid but I think he's been playing hurt this season. 

Did you just say Spencer brown is solid?..

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Brown is surely part of the problem. Bates is meh. Saffold definitely needs to be sent packing. Hopefully Morse comes back. This offseason is going to be huge in how this team moves forward. Either we see the necessary sweeping changes or they continue with the same failed experiments at various positions. 

9 minutes ago, NUT said:

Stop building the D-Line, get more talent on OL and weapons.

The defense will fall in the rankings, but you win SB's with offense these days.

This all day.

The ONLY possible position I want to see drafted on defense in the first 3 picks is safety, that's it. The draft should be heavy on Oline and weapons, period

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's taken me a while but our scheme just basically relies on Allen to be a superhero too much. Basically if he is off, or the other team has a great scheme against him, we have a hard time consistently playing well on offense.

Sure we will get our plays because Allen is still Allen. But it's got to the point that we need to stop taking that for granted and get him some help. 

It's like when you have a great worker who can make up for 3 people being out by piling more work on him.

Sure...that works for a while but then you eventually burn that worker out and when something comes up that needs all his attention other areas start failing since he can't bail them out.

I guess what I am saying is we need more answers on offense that don't include Josh Allen being an alien, because our offense relies on that more than any other in the NFL.

It is because that is how this Coach and Front office Built it. 

Allen and Diggs. 

worst OL in the playoffs (yes worse than MIA and CINCY with their BUs). 

worst weapon group in the playoffs. 

bit ***** so glad we keep investing in Defense because you know in this NFL the defense becomes immediately irrelevant against Top offenses. 

• Agree 1

The only touchdown was a QB sneak, and the padded “Josh turns the ball over” needless INT at the end to keep that truthful narrative alive and well means this offensive is in need of something positive. So looking forward to what that actually is, you know, by all those gray hoodie guys that get paid to do their jobs well.

All they had to do was run it with Singletary with quick hitters more often and throw shorter methodical passes in this weather.  Look at the percentage of yards Mahomes, Hurts and others have in their offenses.  I don't agree this is a problem but I understand everyone is upset about the loss.

• Agree 1

Our strength is our offense. Defense just needs to be serviceable. First off, we need a better OC. One who can scheme players open and has more creative looks. Who that is? I don’t know. 

secondly, we need a better o line who can establish the run. Tbh, we should probably go o line in rounds 1 and 3. 

thirdly, we need a WR 2. Gabe ain’t it. He’s a number 3. Draft one in the second round this year IMO. You also need to consider this position takes a couple years to develop and Diggs probably won’t get an extension. So this position needs to be invested in 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.