Diggs vs. Josh: Sideline Disagreement?

Nextmanup

It seems that Diggs is the only one that has heart on this team.  Both sides of the ball got manhandled on the line.  No heart.

I want to add that Milano has heart too. 🤙🏼

Go Bills!!

Edited by Perk71
Correction

Let’s all remember that stuff like this is why the Vikings traded Diggs. It’s part of the package with him. I love how much he cares about helping his team win even if it boils over sometimes. In any event Diggs and the Bills are wedded for seasons to come due to his contract. 

10 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Diggs needs to knock off the public displays of confronting his QB.  It is getting to be a very look. We know he wants the ball.  

Nah, if this was a stud QB yelling at O-Line or Receivers it would be celebrated as leadership and passion.  This is an all pro level WR displaying passion & competitiveness letting his QB know he's open and wants the ball, and that isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Cursed
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I posted in the GDT that this was not a good look.  I had a "Who cares" comment which got some agrees.  This is not good news going forward.  Diggs should have taken JA aside, but instead he chose to show him up in front of a full house at Highmark and on national TV.  Unproductive at best and can only serve to create hard feelings and rip apart the locker room at worst.

To be fair, right after Allen air mailed another pass to him out of bounds, Josh started motioning with his hand, “run the route this way” like it was Diggs’ fault. Didnt matter how he ran the route given the fact the ball sailed 5 yards out of bounds (and he was open). 

Also, do the players have an escape road away from the stadium that the general public doesn’t have access to? If Diggs leaves early, wouldn’t he be caught up in the rest of that traffic? 

Here is an interesting stat (from ESPN).

The second half of the season for Diggs was not as smooth, with 985 of his 1,429 regular-season receiving yards having come in the first nine games and seven of his career-high 11 receiving touchdowns. Diggs showed frustration on the sidelines at other times this season, including when McDermott consoled him during the Bills' Week 11 win against the Cleveland Browns.

They were awful in getting him the ball and when they did even then it was often forced.

13 hours ago, Nelius said:

Diggs has been barking for weeks. Even if he’s the hardest working dude out there there’s tact and a time and place. You don’t continue trying to be more visible about it. Kind of annoying, really, but hopefully annoying is as bad as it gets.

If that isn’t the time and the place, where is the time and the place to be pissed you’re the best weapon on offense, but would rather throw to a WR that can’t catch a ball or another one you picked up off the streets a few weeks ago?  Dude is 29 years old.  He’s running out of time.  I agree with Diggs. GET HIM THE ***** BALL!!!!  Imagine Burrow not throwing to Chase, or Mahomes neglecting Kelce.  My god

Josh is way down on the list of problems yesterday, but he wasn’t good.  

Missed Diggs early on a big play and then threw a bunch of no-chance balls deep to him. 

More fire.   I’d applaud Diggs if he took a flamethrower to the team … someone needs to do it.  

Maybe if players speak up, our owner will be moved to make some tough decisions. 

He has that famous AFC CG picture in KC, and two years in a row, we’ve gone backwards.  How do you think he should feel?

Edited by SCBills

I'm not one who normally defends the diva WR's, but I'm fully on Diggs side with him being upset.  Love the team and love Josh, but the team has been too full of themselves the whole season and I include Josh in that.  Even though they mostly got away with it, they have played sloppy and undisciplined basically all year.  Say what else you want about Diggs, but he works as hard and prepares as hard as anyone and pays attention to the details.  I feel the team as a whole has lost their way in regards to that this season and that is what I think has Diggs bothered more than simply getting him the ball more.  Too much media attention and talk about playing better and cleaning up the details rather than simply focusing and putting in the work to actually do it.  There was a throw to him yesterday that he caught that was low and couldn't do anything else with than catch it and motioned to Josh to get the ball up higher.  Diggs is a perfectionist and that is not a word you could describe the rest of the team this year.    

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Diggs needs to knock off the public displays of confronting his QB.  It is getting to be a very bad look. We know he wants the ball.  

Losing one's temper on the sideline and shouting at a teammate is not a sign of leadership. It is self-indulgent behavior revealing the individual is not big enough for the moment.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Guys.....

How do you know that there wasn't an already agreed upon exit from Diggs so he can get to where ever to watch his younger Brother who was also in the playoffs?

No one does. 

Assuming only makes an ass out of you and me (well not me technically, but you get the saying)

im fine with Diggs acting like that,  showed at least one person on the team was fired up due to that abysmal showing,  that at least one person gave a damn.   ive never watched a game where a team showed like they cared less what was happening.   it felt like the majority of them didnt even want to be there.

what looks bad imo is Josh flat out ignoring Diggs when hes in front of him.   thats troubling.   if theyre so close,  such buddies,  then Josh knows Stefon is emotional,  fiery,  and you at the very least acknowledge him and say,  ya man,  i know,  lets work at it.   just ignoring him??  thats a wedge right there in the making.  especially for a guy like Stefon.

• Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.