Diggs vs. Josh: Sideline Disagreement?

Nextmanup

4 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I love Diggs. He’s the heart and soul of this team. He’s a leader of men, and he knows his performance gives the Bills the best chance to win. 

Maybe those two go over stiff during the week, tweeks, and when it’s game time, Dorsey has Josh’s head so convoluted with awful play calling schemes, Josh isn’t giving Diggs what they both agreed on earlier in the week that would work. So many times today, they played off Diggs 10+ yds, and Josh double pumped to him. Too little too late. I think Diggs wanted the ball NOW, and moving so he could get some easy YAC. Just my opinion.

Diggs frustration about getting blown out in a home playoff game is the absolute least of my worries. 

Nah, leaders don’t leave their team all alone when things are bad. 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

It's nuts to suggest the whole game would have been different if Allen had hit that early pass to Diggs. That's 1 play.  If he had, it would have been a TD.  He overthrew him and that was that.

Has no impact on the game as a whole.  Josh was not good today.  He was confused.  He wasn't finding targets to throw to.  I'm not sure why, as we can't see downfield on TV. 

I got flamed for mentioning it a few weeks ago, but Allen’s metrics against zone are near the bottom of the league. 

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Diggs left before the coaches even got to the tunnel, was talked into coming back by Duke Johnson but then left again after a few minutes.

Not a great look for a team captain.

He was in the locker room when McDermott addressed the team, per McDermott.

I’m more concerned how both lines looked during the actual game.    And the lack of a consistent second WR.  
As long as Diggs doesn’t let his frustration cause him to get arrested for something he’ll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's nuts to suggest the whole game would have been different if Allen had hit that early pass to Diggs. That's 1 play.  If he had, it would have been a TD.  He overthrew him and that was that.

Has no impact on the game as a whole.  Josh was not good today.  He was confused.  He wasn't finding targets to throw to.  I'm not sure why, as we can't see downfield on TV. 

I don't know why this isnt a larger complaint from fans. Like why the heck are we not allowed to see WRs running routes and crap? The zoom in on the lines every damn play just dumbs the entire game down so that we have to "wait for the replay" to see what actually happened and most of the time we don't even get that.

Edited by What a Tuel

6 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

You there? No clue how over/under exaggerated that report is. No idea what actually took place and how. 

Are you there? How would you “know” Diggs is a “leader of men”?

What a silly message board argument.

19 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Diggs is a great receiver but if he wants to continually put himself first over the team then he's more of a detriment than asset.  I also recall how he was invisible last year in KC.

You'll have to explain where he is continually doing that.  I've not heard any of that, but I don't search for it either.  

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

You're a piece of work.  You start stuff and then passive aggressively lash out at the responses.  

Dude what? Start stuff? I simply responded to a claim you made. 

You said he was a leader of men.

I said leaders don’t leave their team

You asked me if I was there, and how I would know.

I said that’s a dumb response. None of us are there. Then held your statement to the same question, are you there, so how do you know?

Now you’re name calling and becoming accusatory. 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Are you there? How would you “know” Diggs is a “leader of men”?

What a silly message board argument.

I’ve seen plenty of instances on TV of him on the sidelines firing up his teammates. Or you can call his rallying cries post Hamlin injury selfish. But I’m not going to find all your gifs and clips to prove them. Like you said, it’s a silly internet “argument” (conversation), so feel the need to withdraw, sir. Good day

Edited by Thrivefourfive

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm not asking why might these 2 disagree.

I'm asking what was the incident in the game today.

I didn't see it on TV, though I did record and will watch again.

Romp commented on the incident. Saying Diggs was claiming he was open but after the play broke up. Romo said pretty close to the fact that, “Josh went through his progressions. Diggs was covered and even the safety had a read on him.  I mean once the play breaks up someone eventually gets open. It was just too late.”  Diggs can get the ball if Allen’s pocket doesn’t collapse in 0.2 seconds 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I noticed this immediately after the 4th down play from the stands and watched Diggs the entire time. He was barking at Josh. It definitely looked like he wanted to walk to the locker room right then and there. Players including Dawkins were talking to him and hugged him and got him to finish out the game. Shortly after what was shown in that CBS clip he grabbed and assistant and looked at the tablet for like 3 seconds and threw his hands up again and kept talking. I’m guessing the tablet gave him an angle that confirmed how wide open he was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

I’ve seen plenty of instances on TV of him

on the sidelines firing up his teammates. Or you can call his rallying cries post Hamlin injury selfish. But I’m not going to find all your gifs and clips to proof them. Like you said, it’s a silly internet “argument” (conversation), so feel the need to withdraw, sir. Good day

I meant argument as in “are you there” being a silly response.

It’s a fine topic. 

Leadership is so much more than what happens in the 3 hours between whistles. I’ve lost a lot of respect for a guy who runs out of the building when things are at their lowest. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gr8billsfan said:

Romp commented on the incident. Saying Diggs was claiming he was open but after the play broke up. Romo said pretty close to the fact that, “Josh went through his progressions. Diggs was covered and even the safety had a read on him.  I mean once the play breaks up someone eventually gets open. It was just too late.”  Diggs can get the ball if Allen’s pocket doesn’t collapse in 0.2 seconds 

Thanks!  Yeah, Diggs needs to take a Chill Pill and understand that he isn’t necessarily open when the QB has to throw the ball

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I love Diggs. He’s the heart and soul of this team. He’s a leader of men, and he knows his performance gives the Bills the best chance to win. 

I think all of this with Diggs is probably overblown  - but I have to take exception to the idea that a leader of men would beat feet out of the locker room ahead of the men he is purportedly leading. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I meant argument as in “are you there” being a silly response.

It’s a fine topic. 

Leadership is so much more than what happens in the 3 hours between whistles. I’ve lost a lot of respect for a guy who runs out of the building when things are at their lowest. 

I’m hearing you. What are your ideas about  where leadership should be happening/coming from here with the Bills?

Obviously Allen has to be the Alpha, but he needs a room of Alphas as well. 

I can agree that Diggs being a WR isn’t ideal, I’m partially saying he’s the heart and soul of this team due to void. And he being pass/catch butt buddies with Allen compromises Allen’s effectiveness to lead if he’s off dealing with Diggs (who I honestly believe wants to win over selfishness). 

I went to a few Dallas training camps. I’m sure you’ve been around practices well. Thing that smacked me upside the head with team chemistry was every single player on the practice field KNEW who was boss — Tyron Smith. He walked, you walked. He stopped, you stopped. I was on a senior heavy, leadership rich varsity team as a sophomore and THAT WAS THE TEAM. We went with them anywhere, anytime. And unfortunately, none of this is coming from a coaching staff, which can play out okay, IF the Alpha players buy into that staff as a whole.

Buffalo needs these guys. They need bullies.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.