Diggs vs. Josh: Sideline Disagreement?

Nextmanup

They weren't on the same page today. If they hit that first target it's a different game. 

But you also noticed Josh was frustrated with where Diggs was taking his routes a few times. One play they missed on Josh was trying to say he should've gone up when he cut toward the sideline instead. 

But besides that...Diggs looked like the only one with a fire in him today. Everyone else felt like doldrums just staring at the turf, felt weird. Hate these kinda games. The hot takes are worse tho. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Diggs has been so close to the Super Bowl his entire career. It's understandable that he's pissed. 

Diggs plays on an entire team of guys who have been close for 4 years now.   He is no more pissed off than they are.   They just didnt act like petulant children. 

Everyone on that sideline has worked for it and is hurting.  He just made it about himself.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs makes some ultimatums this off-season. New OC or signing a big time WR. Something. There's no way he's going to go along with the same old thing next year 

We should sign or draft a big time WR. If we do, he will get a lot of targets & Diggs will throw his sideline tantrums about that.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs makes some ultimatums this off-season. New OC or signing a big time WR. Something. There's no way he's going to go along with the same old thing next year 

If he does I hope they trade him to Houston.   He is 1/53rd of a team.    What has Stefon Diggs won in his time in the league to start demanding a new OC?

GIve me a break.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

I always love ppl making things out of nothing. I’m literally screaming at the TV, punching pillows but the guys on the team actually playing and losing their season right in front of them and having no control over it are supposed to relax and just let it happen, show no emotion? Cmon man, Diggs is a stud, a great teammate, and a competitor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is a non issue. Competitive guys emotions boiling over. They are brothers and will be good by tomorrow.

The bigger issue is the general well being of the offense, which falls on the scheme/coordinator. I wouldn’t be surprised if Diggs were yelling:

”What the hell are we doing? Why aren’t we getting me open? Can’t we block for this dude long enough to hit me deep?!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

he's pissed because they played like crap and he's a prima donna?

He should be pissed! This scheme and Dorsey can’t figure ways to get him the ball. Pay me millions and I’ll devise plays, schemes, audibles etc. there’s zero creativity or movement. Nothing! For god sake Cincy put Chase in the backfield to get him the ball.  Do something, but we never do. Run the play, if he’s not open go to the next read. BS, do something 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I’m ready to stop pretending Justin Jefferson for Stefon Diggs was a win - win trade. 

It was win win.  But in hindsight Jefferson is more special than Diggs.  A t the time of the trade all that pick represented was potential. The Vikings cleared some cap space for potential, a talented player on a cost controlled deal.  The pick turned out to be a home run. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is a non issue. Competitive guys emotions boiling over. They are brothers and will be good by tomorrow.

The bigger issue is the general well being of the offense, which falls on the scheme/coordinator. I wouldn’t be surprised if Diggs were yelling:

”What the hell are we doing? Why aren’t we getting me open? Can’t we block for this dude long enough to hit me deep?!”

Are they brothers and all will all be good tomorrow? I feel like they’ve had a strained working relationship at best for the last 6 plus games. God I hope I’m wrong! But if I’m right and this is the start of problems, Beane needs to move him for something while he can. 

I love Diggs. He’s the heart and soul of this team. He’s a leader of men, and he knows his performance gives the Bills the best chance to win. 

Maybe those two go over stiff during the week, tweeks, and when it’s game time, Dorsey has Josh’s head so convoluted with awful play calling schemes, Josh isn’t giving Diggs what they both agreed on earlier in the week that would work. So many times today, they played off Diggs 10+ yds, and Josh double pumped to him. Too little too late. I think Diggs wanted the ball NOW, and moving so he could get some easy YAC. Just my opinion.

Diggs frustration about getting blown out in a home playoff game is the absolute least of my worries. 

15 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

We should sign or draft a big time WR. If we do, he will get a lot of targets & Diggs will throw his sideline tantrums about that.   

Diggs is not going to take to well to that. You need to keep Diggs happy and well fed. The guy will go off and become a locker room cancer if not taken care of. Why are you guys acting suprised ? We know this about Diggs. He is a selfish guy to his core and not a team guy but he is the best we got and we must keep him happy.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

They weren't on the same page today. If they hit that first target it's a different game. 

But you also noticed Josh was frustrated with where Diggs was taking his routes a few times. One play they missed on Josh was trying to say he should've gone up when he cut toward the sideline instead. 

But besides that...Diggs looked like the only one with a fire in him today. Everyone else felt like doldrums just staring at the turf, felt weird. Hate these kinda games. The hot takes are worse tho. 

It's nuts to suggest the whole game would have been different if Allen had hit that early pass to Diggs. That's 1 play.  If he had, it would have been a TD.  He overthrew him and that was that.

Has no impact on the game as a whole.  Josh was not good today.  He was confused.  He wasn't finding targets to throw to.  I'm not sure why, as we can't see downfield on TV. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.