Diggs vs. Josh: Sideline Disagreement?

Nextmanup

Well now that I've actually seen this incident, it does look like Josh is ignoring Diggs, b/c the coach sitting next to him heard him clearly enough to look up at him twice, and Josh seems to have chosen to just ignore him.

Maybe he's thinking "Oh this is just Stephon being Stephon, he'll calm down in a bit."

These things happen between teammates from time to time in all sports.

I wouldn't put much into this.  It is kind of interesting though; I missed it the whole thing live!  Too much typing in the game thread! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I doubt Diggs stays. He wants to win and he’s not putting up with this crap anymore. 

Well his regular season numbers have been fantastic with the Bills!  Has he publicly stated that he's all about a ring at this point or something like that?  He should be here next year.

The thing is, we need a Diggs #2; it's our biggest need IMO; I've been saying that all year.

And then we need to completely re-vamp the OL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If Diggs is pissed and want to go home let him.  This loss is going to be hard on the entire team.

The last thing they need is players and coaches worrying about how others are feeling.

The postmortem of this season is going to take a long time and needs a deep self-analysis. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

The big deal is him booking it out of the building 3 minutes later. 

Yes he grabbed his clothes and tried to leave before the rest of the team and coaches even got to the locker room. Duke Johnson had to basically drag him back in and then he left a few min later anyhow. That's pretty bad for a captain 

• Agree 3

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Well his regular season numbers have been fantastic with the Bills!  Has he publicly stated that he's all about a ring at this point or something like that?  He should be here next year.

The thing is, we need a Diggs #2; it's our biggest need IMO; I've been saying that all year.

And then we need to completely re-vamp the OL.

No argument there but the league has changed. Players are not willing to wait around. He wants a ring… NOW

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Yes he grabbed his clothes and tried to leave before the rest of the team and coaches even got to the locker room. Duke Johnson had to basically drag him back in and then he left a few min later anyhow. That's pretty bad for a captain 

I don’t really understand the logic. He’s so competitive and focused that he’s got to bail on his team? It’s weird.

• Like (+1) 1

Recalling the 90-93 Bills and remembering how they could morph into a power running team and run over teams at home in the playoffs. That took a quality OL, coaching, and RBs to execute those plays. Clearly the Bills are missing some of those elements.  

Just now, Mango said:

He’s signed up for rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I don’t care about the sideline frustration. That’s gonna happen. But this ^^^ pisses me off.

Youre gonna hightail it out of the stadium instead of being with your teammates? That’s BS.

Diggs is known to be feisty and he has that WR prima donna thing in him.

He's mad that we played like crap and our season ended in this way.

I agree this is not the right way to behave, but it just means he really gives a darn, which I LOVE.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t care about the sideline frustration. That’s gonna happen. But this ^^^ pisses me off.

Youre gonna hightail it out of the stadium instead of being with your teammates? That’s BS.

Which shows you what an utter mess that locker room actually is. I blame the head coach. It was over when Hamlin went down. I said it then, and I stand by it. 

14 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

They’ll get over it.  It’s not like Josh was intentionally ignoring Stefon.  I don’t think he had enough time to even think and throw effectively with his offensive line and the plays called.

And when he did he was hesitant, like he didn't trust what he saw. Probably too worried about throwing a pick. Bad combo today: Weather, good defensive calls, s##ty blocking.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.