Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

Too many turnovers and a number of missed easy throws, like against the Jets to win the game. 

No question Allen’s play dipped a bit over the season.

I think he got flustered and started hearing footsteps. He was running for his life most of the year because someone’s (usually Spencer Brown’s) man was coming unblocked.

He got addicted to deep shots even when the play was designed for a guy who came open for a first down.

I also don’t get why they stopped feeding Diggs who was on record pace when the offense was at it’s best. 

• Agree 1

On 1/27/2023 at 6:25 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen would shine and dominate the NFL in the 49's system.  It would allow Shanahan to launch his offense into the stratosphere.  Why do you think the 49's drafted Trey Lance? It was an attempt to have their own version of Allen. 

I think had Allen played in that system his 2nd year or so he would shine, but to put him in there right now he wouldn't do well because he often ignores the short passing game.

• Agree 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2023 at 12:27 AM, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

He had as many boneheaded turnovers this year as his rookie season.  He led the league in fumbles and INTs.  He scored 10 points at home in a playoff game when he was preseason MVP and this team was preseason Super Bowl favorites. 

He regressed. 

Retweet from 8 months ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Perhaps it is him. And the handful of “elite” games are the exception.

I think up and down, inconsistent play will be his entire career.  When he is on, he will be viewed as one of the top QBs.  When he is off, he will show why he went to JUCO/Wyoming.  

What is disheartening is we all hoped Wyoming Josh would have been dead by now.  At year 6, it is officially safe to say who he is and what we will have to deal with. 

1 minute ago, RoscoeParrish said:

I think up and down, inconsistent play will be his entire career.  When he is on, he will be viewed as one of the top QBs.  When he is off, he will show why he went to JUCO/Wyoming.  

What is disheartening is we all hoped Wyoming Josh would have been dead by now.  At year 6, it is officially safe to say who he is and what we will have to deal with. 

That's what's so depressing about last night.  He can't be tamed.  He's going to do reckless, wild stuff.  Sometimes it's great.  Lately, it hasn't been so great (I'm speaking principally of the TD/TO ratio).  It is what it is.  We have to deal with arm punts and butter fingers fumbles and voluntarily accepting unnecessary punishment.   Last night was like watching the Vikings game from last year without the points.  

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Even his scrambling was weird.  For a guy that was going to limit his hits,  he needlessly absorbed some crunching blows on plays he easily could've fallen down or run about of bounds.  He played like it was a sandlot game.

After this: 

'I can't continue to do this': Bills' Josh Allen wants to embrace safer style of play. 

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Josh Allen said the message going through his head when he is running downfield is “don’t get hit.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/37988/i-cant-continue-to-do-this-bills-josh-allen-wants-to-embrace-safer-style-of-play?platform=amp

Beyond concerning when claimed self aware, yet continues to be an idiot. 

• Like (+1) 2

Now that it's a forgone conclusion that we will have the #1 overall pick, do you think our new head coach/GM, Deion Sanders, takes Caleb Williams with that pick or does he take Harrison and then takes his son in the 2025 draft to be the QB? 

Maybe trade Allen for a 6th if a team is desperate for a backup?

Or maybe we finish the year 12-5 and host playoff games at OP?

It'll be one of the above scenarios. Nowhere in between right? 

Edited by stlbills13
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did Allen regress or was the team utterly unprepared for the Jets defense? Dorsey can go throw a few more tablets in a fit.

Dorsey didn’t drop the snap and then proceed to fumble again. 

Dorsey didn’t force balls into tight spaces in a game where all we needed to do was not give it away. 

There have been plenty of games where OC, O-line, scheme, etc. could be the blame game or at least part of it, but last night was clear as day a Josh Allen crap fest. 

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

"We have always had"? He was improving since he was drafted, he was putting in the effort to improve, played like he had a chip on his shoulder., Lifting the O and the team around him. Then it changed. It wasn't always like that. 

Yeah I agree with you there. I guess I meant his flaws, which have always been there throughout his entire career and have spiked as of late, are the exact reasons the claimed experts said he would fail and they wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.