Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

6 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Will it ever be Allen’s fault? 

Enlighten me when will some admit that it’s on Allen?

What is your point. Certainly Josh could have played better. Did you notice how much time he didn’t have? Sure he needed to react quicker on a couple blitzes. But overall he wasn’t the biggest issue. I’ll enlighten you when it’s all on Josh but todays not the day. Clearly and without question our HC did not have this team prepared to play. Once that conversation is discussed, we can break down the players. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

LOL 3 OCs later, a new HC, multiple roster changes and we will still have the same problem with Allen not being it 5 years from now. 

So you’re pinning this on Allen? Guys aren’t schemes open, the defense has no teeth, the lines are terrible. Despite all that Allen still had 40+ touchdowns and is the reason they won the division again. His stats were nearly identical to last year, so how exactly did he regress? 

He’s the QB so he gets blame for the loss, but name a QB outside of Mahomes and maybe Burrow you would take? If he has regressed you should easily be able to name 5-6 at least (and please name Herbert so it can rip that one to shreds)

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

Another bad take.  Wonder how many we will see today

24 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

This team wins 3-5 games this year without Allen at QB.

• Agree 2

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

What is your point. Certainly Josh could have played better. Did you notice how much time he didn’t have? Sure he needed to react quicker on a couple blitzes. But overall he wasn’t the biggest issue. I’ll enlighten you when it’s all on Josh but todays not the day. Clearly and without question our HC did not have this prepared to play. Once that conversation is discussed, we can break down the players. 

This isn’t a one game issue.

Allen hasn’t looked like 2020 or 2021 Allen all season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Yes, when you only have 10 points at home in a playoff game, it’s on the supposedly “elite” QB. 

Maybe if he could block for himself,  I'd agree,  but the Bills just got absolutely annihilated at the LOS on both sides of the ball.  That's why they lost this game.   

11 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

This franchise and Allen is going backwards. 

Our offensive playcalling goes like this:

1) Shotgun snap with five wide and no extra protection

2) Josh takes snap, dodges free rusher that no one picked up

3) Josh avoids defensive end that Dawkins let in, does something insane to stay upright

4) No receivers within 10 yards

5) Josh makes a pinpoint pass to Diggs 40 yards away

6) repeat until TD or punt. 

5 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So you’re pinning this on Allen? Guys aren’t schemes open, the defense has no teeth, the lines are terrible. Despite all that Allen still had 40+ touchdowns and is the reason they won the division again. His stats were nearly identical to last year, so how exactly did he regress? 

He’s the QB so he gets blame for the loss, but name a QB outside of Mahomes and maybe Burrow you would take? If he has regressed you should easily be able to name 5-6 at least (and please name Herbert so it can rip that one to shreds)

He had as many boneheaded turnovers this year as his rookie season.  He led the league in fumbles and INTs.  He scored 10 points at home in a playoff game when he was preseason MVP and this team was preseason Super Bowl favorites. 

He regressed. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

Josh was dreadful tonight and there have been too many off days in 2022. But I give him a pass, largely because the protection is abject. I think it has got in his head as well. As the year has gone on I have seen him dropping his eyes to the rush too much, playing too much backyard football (at times through necessity) and making too many mistakes. 

So has Josh "regressed"? I don't know. But he is getting no help.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Yes, when you only have 10 points at home in a playoff game, it’s on the supposedly “elite” QB. 

Sooo it’s on ONLY the QB to move the ball? I mean they could have called screens or I don’t know a few more running plays in the first half? Or I don’t know maybe the D could have stopped Burrows once in the first quarter? 

Allen had a bad game! But so did everyone else and especially the coaching staff! I’d definitely think of firing the O coach and replacing him with someone who remembers they have RB.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe if he could block for himself,  I'd agree,  but the Bills just got absolutely annihilated at the LOS on both sides of the ball.  That's why they lost this game.   

Mahomes had one leg yesterday and Burrow has played with a trash O line his entire career. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

He was crowned Superman and MVP

By the media lol, honestly if you're here to flame Josh Allen go ahead but he isn't to place all the blame on. Dude at worst is a top 3 Qb in the league and you act like it's a problem, but hey you have you're opnion but you know how that old saying goes about opnions.

Josh Allen has masked a lot of the Buffalo Bills problems. Where is a Thurman Thomas Joe Cribbs type of running that’s right is none that is Josh Allen job? Where are the wide receivers other then Stefon Diggs on the Bills? That’s right that is Josh Allen’s job too create wide receivers into NFL stars ridiculous. Where is the defense today? That is Josh Allen’s job too ridiculous. Where is Sean McDermott? Let’s get it out of the way we are what we are a playoff team but not much more with Sean McDermott as head coach. Sean McDermott and his coaching staff are the problem. The Bills should have been eliminated last week the way the Bills played against the Miami Dolphins. Poor game planning too much emotions, feelings and not enough game planning that is what you get with “Mr. 13 seconds” Sean McDermott feelings wo wo feelings what a joke fire Sean McDermott and the entire coaching staff.

And last stop the check for $850 million dollars for a new Buffalo Bills stadium with no dome. How was the weather a home field advantage for the Bills today? PSE is running by a incoherent con man Terry Pegula. Finally there is plenty of room in the winners tent my UB Bulls have 3 out of 4 nice Silver College Bowl game trophies 2019 Bahamas Bowl, 2020 Camellia Bowl and 2022 Camellia Bowl more than I can say about my Buffalo Bills who are a bunch of overrated bums that haven’t won a thing since 1965 before I was born and I am 55 years old 48 years as a Bills fan 0 for 48 with the Bills and UB Bulls fans get made fun of by some Bills fans in the Bills fan base look in the mirror at least UB won some bowls. Also at UB we privately pay through donors donations for our nice training facilities we don’t ask for taxpayer hand outs Terry Pegula is a con man bum horrible owner sell the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres we can do better than this bum as a owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

This isn’t a one game issue.

Allen hasn’t looked like 2020 or 2021 Allen all season.

I'm not surprised.  They went into the season having lost Emmanuel Sanders,  Cole Beasley and John Brown compared to that two-year stretch.   The replacements didn't step up,  and the Bills had to go out and sign Beasley and Brown in November,  both of whom were effectively out of the league. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.