Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

I mean is there a way to score Touchdowns and keep the ball?  Because the Bills defense couldn’t stop a golf ball rolling their way today.  This is a non issue really. 

lmao idk if you watched, but we weren't scoring too many touchdowns today.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

I’m a Pats fan and I found your post be downright hilarious! The Truth is Allen, Mahomes and Burrows are the 3 best!

The true problem for your Bills is those other 2 are in the AFC and you need get by them to make the SB.  What’s the difference right now?  A few things:

1. Burrows and ALL that WR talent is on rookie contracts still. That’s good for a couple years then they will need decide if keeping the O together is more important than a good D.

2. Mahomes is a great pocket passer as well as a scrambling QB. He IMO is the best QB in the NFL. He has a great TE and ok WR he makes look better. I expect them to lose next week with Mahomes hurt and their D isn’t that great.

3. Allen — has to carry the running game as well as passing it to keep the Bills O moving everything runs threw him Erik’s, unlike Mahomes and Burrows who have very good RB that they use. Now I don’t know if the Bills have terrible RB or that they just don’t believe in them but way to many games end with like 15 or fewer runs with a lot of those being by Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fetou said:

As a 76ers fan it's absolutely worse when the expectations are higher.

I’m seeing that. McDermott has lost to Mahomes and Burrow. Probably the only 2 QBs we can say are better than our guy. 

That’s not when you fire everyone. We have to figure out how to beat them. Failure and injury on the DL is the issue right now. They need better pass rush. Can’t rely on Von Miller.

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is there a GM in the league would take Allen over Burrow or Mahomes right now? I can’t imagine 

Ok so he is possibly the 3rd best Qb in the league then, and were going to complain about that lol. So two gm's wouldn't take allen over who they have, there are 29 other teams who'd take him in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’m a Pats fan and I found your post be downright hilarious! The Truth is Allen, Mahomes and Burrows are the 3 best!

The true problem for your Bills is those other 2 are in the AFC and you need get by them to make the SB.  What’s the difference right now?  A few things:

1. Burrows and ALL that WR talent is on rookie contracts still. That’s good for a couple years then they will need decide if keeping the O together is more important than a good D.

2. Mahomes is a great pocket passer as well as a scrambling QB. He IMO is the best QB in the NFL. He has a great TE and ok WR he makes look better. I expect them to lose next week with Mahomes hurt and their D isn’t that great.

3. Allen — has to carry the running game as well as passing it to keep the Bills O moving everything runs threw him Erik’s, unlike Mahomes and Burrows who have very good RB that they use. Now I don’t know if the Bills have terrible RB or that they just don’t believe in them but way to many games end with like 15 or fewer runs with a lot of those being by Allen. 

I disagree with everything you have said

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, NUT said:

When you have a player like Allen, you should not rely on defense for anything. You keep adding talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Like KC does.

The Bills don't do this because McDermott is a defensive coach.

You still have to rely on a defense. There's 2 sides of the ball. If the Bills score 40, we still have to rely on the defense to not give up 41. Allen is not regressing. He is got probably some of the most mediocre people in the league to throw the ball to. It's not Allen

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.