Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

7 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

Superman was absent today. 3rd and 2 with the game on the line and clean pocket, Josh goes for the deep ball instead of an easy scramble for 2.

Telegraphed corner blitz to everyone except the QB.

Pitiful pass to Gabe to end the game on 4th down.

Everyone was waiting all game for the Josh Allen heroics that never came. Didn't come at the end of the half, didn't come in the second half.

Sad to see that last year's playoffs were the aberration. Last year is looking more and more like the Joe Flacco SB run, a once in a lifetime stretch, and then ext year, the carriage turned back into a pumpkin.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

This loss has very little to do with Josh Allen, But  everything to do with being out schemed and dominated on both sides of the line ! 

I think Josh certainly played a big role in the whole mess...but I wouldn't lay the whole thing at his feet by any stretch of the imagination.

He left a TD on the field on his first possession with a lousy pass to Diggs, to name 1 thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

There wasn't much Allen could do.  Both lines got their butts handed to them today.  On the offensive side,   Allen was under siege the entire game and played about as well as you could expect under the circumstances.    

This loss is squarely on coaching for not having the team prepared to play,  especially in the first quarter,  as well as the front office for their failures to adequately address the talent around Allen as well as their failed DL additions. 

I can’t help but to notice that Josh got way better with Daboll and took a step back without him.

Josh is admittedly streaky but a better OC would have put him in better positions to make plays today.  And a more confident OC would have been in Josh’s ear and tell him to stop ******** throwing 30 yard passes to WRs with bad hands when it’s 3rd and 2.

I put this on Dorsey and I put the defense on Frazier.  Whenever I watch playoff football I always see teams pulling out every trick in their book to advance and I’ve just never gotten that from McDermott era teams.  We are vanilla week 1-18 and we are vanilla in the playoffs.  Sometimes I think our regular season success is holding us back from asking the tough questions like “why does this defense never work when it matters”.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lol they literally gave him no help and asked him to carry the entire team on his back and he almost did it.

The poor guy was giving himself a heart attack dragging this dog**** offense up and down the field. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So glad they got run out of the stadium if they were losing. Exposes how bad the construction of this team is. Need a real OL, Real WR2  protect Josh and Give Josh weapons. We have the worst Weapons group in the playoffs this year and one of the worst OLs. Stop spending All you premier assets in Defense. They are irrelevant in the Modern NFL when facing a top end Offense.

Better to get run out of the stadium than have another 13 seconds disaster which could fool the front office into thinking we are victims of bad luck.

I agree with you.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

We were dominated in all 3 phases today, but this season and franchise has always been about Josh Allen being an elite QB and taking us to the next level. 

It is safe to say he regressed this year and today was the nail in the coffin.

Sure you can blame the OC, but 10 points at home in a playoff game falls on the QBs shoulders in a MAJOR capacity. 

If this board voted on Cinci having 27 points before kickoff, most would have taken it. 

I am afraid Allen’s career will be an above average quarterback who shuffles between signs of greatness, signs of mediocrity, and signs of someone with zero offers out of high school. 

He is NOT even in the league of Mahomes and Burrow and today solidified that. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

In an entire internet of foolish comments your post manages to stand out as particularly stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is there a GM in the league would take Allen over Burrow or Mahomes right now? I can’t imagine 

I don’t know, both of these takes are pretty awful 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lol they literally gave him no help and asked him to carry the entire team on his back and he almost did it.

He made some ridiculous plays today, like multiple times he had to fake out a defender that just had a free shot at him and then nailed a pass for a first down.

Everything that fans complained about all season was on full display today!

#1 - Offense is too dependent on Josh bailing us out.

#2 - No skills position guys outside of Diggs capable of stepping up.

#3 - Below average oline

#4 - Dline generates no pass rush

#5 - OC and DC are not creative at all

If Buffalo gets past the Bengals and 49ers beat the Cowboys, Buffalo would have the worst oline, dline and skills position of the 4 teams. Philly and San Fran would smack us around!

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.