Post-game thoughts after a disappointing loss

Logic

I was at this game. Sitting here getting ready to drive away. They looked flat. No passion on either side of the ball. Cinci had open guys almost every play. This offense today was something we haven't seen a full game of. Yes half of a game or a few drives but this was a whole game of just bad offense.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I told you all year…we do NOT have any kind of advantage in bad weather games, it’s all make believe.  Also said both Mahomes and Burrow were fully capable of playing well in bad weather.  

Everyone argued.  But here it is once again…soft finesse football on both sides of the ball.  

I don’t ever want to hear we have some sort of advantage in bad weather, it’s a myth.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m sorry I won’t get to watch Josh for nine months.  And I feel bad for him because his organization hung him out to dry this year.  But today wasn’t really a surprise.

A wasted year for Allen.  I feel the same way.   Here’s an off-season idea: trade Gabe Davis (to the giants?) and start over at WR behind Diggs. 

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

we’re never winning a Super Bowl.  That’s a given at this point.  This was our year, and we blew it.

We are Charlie Brown incarnate!!!!

Keep on hitting that rock and it breaks eventually.  We will never win S with any other attitude. 

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nope you’re not my dad but missing from your accountability list is yourself, one of several folks here who shouts down anyone who points out a flaw until YOU are ready to have an honest conversation.  It’s exhausting.

Okay. I really don't care to argue with you.

What is it you want me to say, exactly?

"I was wrong to be optimistic, from now on I'll be a pessimist"?

Do you simply want me to say "you were right"? Would that make you feel better?

The "Beane stinks and the sky is falling" crowd shouts down the optimists just as loudly as the other way around, and are just as exhausting.

I really don't have the energy to argue with you. You win. I'm the worst. Happy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I told you all year…we do NOT have any kind of advantage in bad weather games, it’s all make believe.  Also said both Mahomes and Burrow were fully capable of playing well in bad weather.  

Everyone argued.  But here it is once again…soft finesse football on both sides of the ball.  

I don’t ever want to hear we have some sort of advantage in bad weather, it’s a myth.  

Against some teams you do and others you don't. That's always been the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I just think they were spent. They looked spent. They looked flat and they looked like the tank was on E. 

People may say otherwise but based on the accumulation of things week after week to overcome, at some point you just have nothing left to give.

I can't be mad at them. They went thru so much this year, probably more than any team in history when you look at everything combined.

Hamlin is OK, that's good enough for me. 

They need to sort things out, figure out what they are going to do and come up with ways to overcome their shortcomings which look far bigger than they did at the start of the season right now.

I have to agree with this.  Even the rhetoric from the Bills the last few weeks has sounded like they were relieved they came through the storm, but you didn't hear a lot about actually playing the game.  They looked flat even in pregame.  

• Agree 1

When we lost Micah Hyde for the season I thought disappointing but no worries we got this. But as the season wore on and the pass defense got exposed and the bad tackling got exposed his value became incredibly apparent. Losing Miller though was the Hammer blow, Funny enough I thought he had been a bit disappointing but once again, his value became apparent soon after, Without Miller, the Bills D lost their leader and probably lost the one guy who had the gravitas to change up the D based on what he saw the opposing offense about to do. Something that Frazier would never do mid series. But the greatest loss of all this year? Dabol. Dorsey ran such a vanilla offense that Josh won DESPITE him. Today was yet another example of a guy who used no disguises or trickery in his plays and didnt make adjustments for our terrible O Line.  

It seems incredible that we were 14-4 this year and yet this was one of the most irritating, stressful and ultimately disappointing Bills seasons I can remember in 43 years of fandom.

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Anyone else strangely calm after this? Maybe I’m getting used to it or maybe I just never saw a path to beat the Bengals. 

But I’m over it already. I do think changes need to be made at the very highest levels, but I’m not going to let this ruin my day. 

Maybe next year. 

Me too man, I felt like the team never clicked like they did against the titans. I knew unless they magically clicked and played like that again the bills weren't winning a super bowl. But I cheered the whole way, fun season and it's still nice to not not be a joke of a team like we were for so long. Won't let it ruin my day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

A wasted year for Allen.  I feel the same way.   Here’s an off-season idea: trade Gabe Davis (to the giants?) and start over at WR behind Diggs. 

Keep on hitting that rock and it breaks eventually.  We will never win S with any other attitude. 

okay 👍 😂

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

It seems incredible that we were 14-4 this year and yet this was one of the most irritating, stressful and ultimately disappointing Bills seasons I can remember in 43 years of fandom.

Amen to that. Couldn't have said it better (clearly, or else I would have 😆).

13 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Same.  Sadly, this game was never really in doubt, which makes it a lot easier to swallow.

I distinctly recall  quoting you saying   If the bills lose convincingly I have  no faith that team would advance past the Jags or Chiels in the AFC Game regardless

;

Finito Punto. YEP

**Raspberries**

m

PS: I'm bi-lingual. It happens.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The most disappointing part of the season was Gabe Davis. He should have emerged as a stud but he's just withering. He looks so bored and doesn't try to make contested catches. 

Agree.

Need a oc (less pressure on Allen with more creative plays), wr's, slot wr, oline, back up te on offense.

Gabe is a good 3 or great 4th string wr.

24 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Anyone else strangely calm after this? Maybe I’m getting used to it or maybe I just never saw a path to beat the Bengals. 

But I’m over it already. I do think changes need to be made at the very highest levels, but I’m not going to let this ruin my day. 

Maybe next year. 

I was afraid they might look like this. I didn't want to say anything because people would have likely yelled at me for jinxing them, but even last week...they had to expend way more energy than they should have to beat a Dolphin team with their 3rd string QB. 

Just think the tank was on E and there was nothing left to give and even with everything on the line they just couldn't muster anything else 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

To be honest, with all that happened, I think they over achieved this year thanks to Allen and Diggs.

My expectations were muted going into the off-season.  It was confirmed during the Miami game.

I’m just surprised how flat they were today.

Its like the injury and emotional toll finally caused them to run out of gas. The Hamlin injury was so awful that its a miracle they didnt pack it in at that point. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.