ATTENTION HOMERS: You can still love this team and be critical

KDIGGZ

Just now, Billsfanatic8989 said:

The Bengals are a difficult matchup for KC and Baltimore too. And other teams. 

We have things to clean up.

But Cincinnati is a great team. And as much as I hate to admit it, they may be better than us right now. 

We need a #2 receiver. Some help on OL. RB. And a different approach on D.

Getting absolutely dominated by a Cincy O-line that was down 3 starters was it for me with Frazier and the underachievers we have on this D-Line. Never winning a Championship with that.  Von or no Von.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have been critical of various aspects of this team many times in the past. 

I have also been critical of the fans who are ONLY ever critical of this team.

Sometimes the play of the team calls for praise and optimism. Sometimes it calls for critique and pessimism. Given that the've won the division three years in a row and generally been one of the best teams in the league, I've been optimistic far more often than I've been pessimistic. Even then, if you'd actually taken the time to read my recent posts, you'd have seen me offering criticism toward Josh Allen, Ken Dorsey, and Brandon Beane as recently as this week.

I think there's a big gap between "being critical of this team but still loving them" and "being EXCLUSIVELY critical of this team". There are some posters on this forum that I rarely EVER see a positive word from. There's realism, optimism, and pessimism. I admittedly fall on the "optimism" side of the spectrum quite often. Maybe too often. On the other hand, some posters here fall on the "pessimism" side the VAST majority of the time. I find their pessimism just as exhausting as they find my optimism.

I guess we'll just have to continue not caring much for each other and arguing about it on the internet. 

Edited by Logic

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You rang?

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have been critical of various aspects of this team many times in the past. 

I have also been critical of the fans who are ONLY ever critical of this team.

Sometimes the play of the team calls for praise and optimism. Sometimes it calls for critique and pessimism. Given that the've won the division three years in a row and generally been one of the best teams in the league, I've been optimistic far more often than I've been pessimistic. Even then, if you'd actually taken the time to read my recent posts, you'd have seen me offering criticism toward Josh Allen, Ken Dorsey, and Brandon Beane as recently as this week.

I think there's a big gap between "being critical of this team but still loving them" and "being EXCLUSIVELY critical of this team". There are some posters on this forum that I rarely EVER see a positive word from. There's realism, optimism, and pessimism. I admittedly fall on the "optimism" side of the spectrum quite often. Maybe too often. On the other hand, some posters here fall on the "pessimism" side the VAST majority of the time. I find their pessimism just as exhausting as they find my optimism.

I guess we'll just have to continue not caring much for each other and arguing about it on the internet. 

How does this fan base put up with a 14-4 team?

I guess the Purge is on now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Well that was a punch in the gut, a real dose of reality. Completely outplayed start to finish. The offensive and defensive game plan for this game was embarrassing. Not to mention McDermott has shown to be a terrible game manager with the game on the line.

How many years are we going to put up with this? We are wasting Josh Allen's talent. No other top QB has a good defense like we do and the COACHES have blown it year after year.

You can love this team and totally disagree with what the coaches are doing. Before the game Leslie Fraser was asked if he would do anything different this game based on how bad they looked at the start of the last game vs Cinci and he said no they will do what got them there. You mean the same defense that made Skylar Thompson look like a pro bowler? 3rd a 4 and they are 10 yards off the receivers? And on offense 3rd and short and they are throwing 40 yard bombs. Insanity.

I don't think we have the coaches we need to get over the hump and this was the reality check we needed to have some really tough discussions this off-season and going forward. We are all happy to finally have a team that's a perennial playoff team but that's all they will ever be with this coaching staff.

You are exactly right changes have to

be made or the same things are going to keep happening 

I've been pretty positive about this team through the years but I'm done with it. We're wasting prime years of Josh. We're a lot closer to being a wild card team than we are a contender. Time for some fresh blood on the defensive side of the ball. Everything has to be on the table including mcD

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

McD can bring in someone else to run his defense, but it can also be someone who is more aggressive and adjustable. It's entirely possible. I don't know who can do it, but I'm sure there's someone out there.

McD can go, he dropped the ball with 13 seconds and got blown out by a team starting thrift store linemen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

I've been pretty positive about this team through the years but I'm done with it. We're wasting prime years of Josh. We're a lot closer to being a wild card team than we are a contender. Time for some fresh blood on the defensive side of the ball. Everything has to be on the table including mcD

Let’s be honest here….if McD was let go right now…would anyone really care? I wouldn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

I got killed by several posters for saying the same thing. You know who u are, we are just not that good and McDermott may not be the answer fellas. And before you say it, I know he takes us to the playoffs. F*** that, I want a Super Bowl and I don’t know if he is the right guy to do that. Ok go ahead, tell me how wrong I am!!

Sorry haven't read all the comments, but this is what TSW is all about.  Homers.  Go against McD and you're a pariah (and don't know football to boot).

For 8 wins, I was saying there is something off and the response was "Just Win Baby" & "Scoreboard".

Sure they came out flat and down 14-0.  Burrow was making easy passes and chunk runs as well by Mixon.

But somehow 14-7 and then again a long drive, but lucky and only a FG.  2 minutes and the ball to start the third. 

Move the ball then bad calls and no points. 

Third quarter have first and goal and three lousy pays.

Anyone here name one play call the entire game where the Bills drew up a good one?  

Yes us "naysayers" have our day, and trust me not a single one of us is happy.

Exactly I follow everything in Buffalo sports wise I mean everything and I am critical. I want Reggie Witherspoon the Griffs basketball coach fired along with UB Bulls basketball coach Jim Whitesell fired. So if I am critical of wanting to fire a $300,000 plus Griffs basketball coach of course I want to fire a multi millionaire head Buffalo Bills coach who failed to deliver. I have been critical of the Buffalo Bills for 48 years and counting. Only winners get praise from BSF. I am a huge fan of John Tavares of the Buffalo Bandits he won 4 championships for Buffalo. I am not thrilled with him right now losing to that sorry Rochester Knighthawks team Friday night. I want to put a paper bag on by head to hide the shame of my Bandits losing to Rochester. Sell the Bandits Terry Pegula you bum. You can be a super Buffalo sports fan and be critical it is called wanting excellence. Not forever mediocrity or worse losing in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You can also be critical without over exaggerating the actual criticism. The people who are reasonable don't have problems giving critical thoughts so if what you are saying isn't being taken seriously then maybe consider it might be a you problem. 

Try crying less when upset and see how that works. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’ve been fighting that fight for two years on this forum.

There are many people here who downvote ANY post that is critical, even when it is factual. And they attack you. And report your posts. It’s frustrating.

With each failed defensive exit, Sean the pied piper will lose supporters. It will take some longer than others to realize this. Losing a 16-0 lead in Houston pissed me off. Then 13 seconds should've gotten someone on defense fired.  Today the whole team (especially the D) was flat and unprepared.  Maybe having Damar in the locker room was a bad idea?  There's alot to like about McDermott away from a football field. But when kickoff starts, he terrifies me.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

Time for Fraser to go, I would be fine letting Dorsey go as well, where was our run game today?? Our RB's had 11 carries.  Beane has his work cut out for himself.  OL and receivers.  Get Josh some ******* weapons and protect his ass.  I have had enough of the nice LT we have as well, maybe he could go RT and draft a nasty pit bull to dominate our futures blind side.

I'm not surprised by todays outcome. 

Yeah, I’ve heard so many times that Singletary is a beast 😂😂😂😂

• Eyeroll 1