Tough Decisions Ahead for Beane!!!

CEN-CAL17

Plenty of criticism to go around.    McD seems to get outclassed in the playoffs, cant make it past divisional round and our window was last year with Daboll as the OC but that was pissed away by the worst 13 seconds of coaching in NFL history.    Leslie's bend but dont break doesnt work against the better teams when it counts.  Beane has traded away multiple picks in his tenure, has overpayed for some questionable talent and has crapped the bed especially in the 2nd round.  He also has us right at the cap limit with numerous holes to fill next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I don’t see McDermott firing anyone. Even if Frazier goes. It’s gonna be the same scheme. The scheme needs to go. Same on offense…. That being the case why keep McDermott?

Unless McDermott wants to get himself fired. He’s a head coach, not the defensive coordinator. As a HC he need to do what’s best for the team, not keep his crap defensive in place, unaltered. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Plain and simple McDermott and this staff has lost a huge percentage of the fan base. 

Beane and this organization will be snake oil salesman if there are not major changes. Josh Allen is to good of a talent to rely on the crap this team is running offensively.

That said there are way more qualified OCs on the street that can step in day one. But I think McDermott should go as well. Love McDermott but I think it’s offense this team needs. 

AFCE is not guaranteed past this year. Can anyone honestly say this is the team to beat next year in the AFCE? The Oline needs rebuilding. Morse is on his final leg, Dawkins is suspect at LT.

The defense is bad, Frazier needs to go. But it’s the scheme. It doesn’t work. In the snow, you heard Romo, it doesn’t work. Dline is weak next year, and we are all praying on Von, and who Oliver?

It’s time to just cut ties and see what happens. If it’s not this year I guarantee it will be next year, so why wait.

This is not the staff that will win the organization a championship. Fans aren’t buying it anymore.

Good luck Beane…. If it’s the same staff, it’s gonna be a rough year next year.

Huh? The AFCE in question?

Jets— This team can’t pick a good QB if one bit them in the butt! 

Phins — Tua is 1 concussion away from retirement and their D is meh at best.

Pats — Have a good D but an O that is dis functional on its best days..

The East shouldn’t be an issue next year, and again the Bills issue is Mahomes and Burrows in the same conference. It’s like Brady, Manning, and Big Ben in the past.. right now the Bills playing the role of Big Ben.. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I would be shocked if somehow McD was fired after what the team fought through and going 13-3.

You’re probably right. But if that’s the case this team will wait til JA is 30 and then decide to change…. Meanwhile never making it out of the division round with one of the best QB talents in the league.  Until then JA will continue to fight and fans will pray JA can pull something out his butt like we always do.

Get the dude an offense, the players around him and the coach to take it where it should be!

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

You’re probably right. But if that’s the case this team will wait til JA is 30 and then decide to change…. Meanwhile never making it out of the division round with one of the best QB talents in the league.  Until then JA will continue to fight and fans will pray JA can pull something out his butt like we always do.

Get the dude an offense, the players around him and the coach to take it where it should be!

Funny thing is, first thing Beane said in his end of year presser last year is that we need to improve the OL.  If that’s the case, who was evaluating our OL personnel, bc that was the worst performing unit of this team and a big reason why we only scored 10

points today.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? The AFCE in question?

Jets— This team can’t pick a good QB if one bit them in the butt! 

Phins — Tua is 1 concussion away from retirement and their D is meh at best.

Pats — Have a good D but an O that is dis functional on its best days..

The East shouldn’t be an issue next year, and again the Bills issue is Mahomes and Burrows in the same conference. It’s like Brady, Manning, and Big Ben in the past.. right now the Bills playing the role of Big Ben.. 

Bills damn near lost to Miami 3x this year with decent QB play. We will see who plays QB next year, cause that position may get even better.

Jets beat us this year, and they are a QB away from being really good. I see them being better next year for sure.

Pats…. Meh, we will see.

But Buffalo ain’t winning 13 games next year.

• Agree 1

Just to be clear, I’d keep McDermott. I’m not a fan of firing 13-3 guys. But his two coordinators are costing the organization success. I can’t blame Beane either, catastrophically at least. He’s made good picks and good FA moves over his tenure. But it’s falling apart now, because they didn’t develop DEs, WRs, MLB, OLine, DLine. They just don’t draft guys that come in an make impacts like these other teams do.. SF and KC and CIN. They draft softie “I’m happy to be in the NFL” types. Maybe get rid of some of those “staff” guys on the sidelines with long blond hair and backwards caps. They all seem to be about 5’8” and overly excited on game day. Is Jim Brown available to stand on the sideline and just stare?

Look in the mirror Beane and McDermott. Cut ties with the anchors holding the Bills back, and build forward with a five year window in mind. The Bills had their chances last year and this (until Thanksgiving), and in typical fashion they defied the odds and avoided a Championship, as per usual. 

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills damn near lost to Miami 3x this year with decent QB play. We will see who plays QB next year, cause that position may get even better.

Jets beat us this year, and they are a QB away from being really good. I see them being better next year for sure.

Pats…. Meh, we will see.

But Buffalo ain’t winning 13 games next year.

Sorry, Jets do Jet things! This year they had a great scary D.. next year they will improve the O somewhat but the D will regress.. 

Dolphins — have 2 great WR and an OK QB. They need make a decision soon on Tua and Waddle will need get paid in a couple years… they still need to improve their D.

Pats — we will see. They were horrid on O with a terrible O coordinator. If Bill O Brian is the OC they will at least find out if Jones is good or not.  Scary how the best O player was the RB. 

I just don’t see it, also Lamar Jackson is a running QB who can’t throw. He goes to the Jets whose O line stinks he be injured in game 2. 

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

right now, everybody on defense seems replacement level. we can't give a huge contract to anybody. 

both our coordinators need to go, but it's not gonna happen. i don't know what to say. maybe next year will be better if we are lucky enough to have every player complete the year with perfect health.  

Yes. That’s my point. If both need to go which many agree…. Why not just grab a new HC? 

What’s McD gonna do? Promote Washington from the DL cause he was the DC in Carolina and promote Mike Shula cause he was the OC In Carolina?

Cause that’s where this team is headed. And McD will tell them to stick to their respective playbooks as much as possible for continuity.

Thats the recipe for success? 

Beane or McD, I don’t care who but they have:

1). Drafted 4 DLmen in the top 60 picks and all at best haven’t lived up to their draft spot, mostly just bad.

2). Have not drafted a single OL in first 2 rounds the last 3 drafts.  The one they did was 2019 Cody Ford, ugh.  Think maybe OL better use Of Boogie Basham pick?

3). Have not drafted a single WR in 1st 3 rounds of draft.

4). 2021 draft ?  Oofffff!

This ALL starts at top with both Beane and Sean.  Beane likely overrated, and McDermott is the Doug Collins of NFL coaches.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.