I’m over this defensive scheme. Bring in a new DC.

Alphadawg7

12 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Yeah like others my chief concern is that this defense is playing the game exactly as McD wants it to be played. 

Even if Frazier is let go this offseason, does McD turn over the defense to an experienced coordinator with a different philosophy? 

It would be like the situation when we hired Rex and had Schwartz — two different types of defensive minds just aren’t going to co exist. I don’t see that happening. If he hires someone else they’re still gonna run the scheme as McD wants it to be run. 

McDermott already said before,if frazier leaves he’s going to put in Coach Washington, that way he could keep the scheme the same. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It wasn't the problem in 2019 or 2020, the offense was. It was the problem in KC last year. 

Watson completed 80% of his passes, with no INTs, and had a 121.2 passer rating.  Taiwan Friggin Jones had a crucial 34-yard reception.

Mahomes 'only' completed 76% of his passes, with 325 yards and 3 TD.  Over 100 rushing yards allowed.  60% 3rd down conversion rate.

Are these passable defensive performances?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Watson completed 80% of his passes, with no INTs, and had a 121.2 passer rating.  Taiwan Friggin Jones had a crucial 34-yard reception.

Mahomes 'only' completed 76% of his passes, with 325 yards and 3 TD.  Over 100 rushing yards allowed.  60% 3rd down conversion rate.

Are these passable defensive performances?

No, but they weren't the reason we lost either of those games. We were inept on offense in both. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No chance we move on from this guy. Our only saving Grace is maybe a team will be dumb enough to hire this guy as a HC. 

No way.  How do you sell him to your fanbase?

"Hey fans, ignore the playoff chitshows, like :13, and the Bengal Boatrace - just look at the regular season PPG allowed!  That's what really matters!"

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No, but they weren't the reason we lost either of those games. We were inept on offense in both. 

I didn't saw that they were the reason we lost - I said that the defense has played poorly in each playoff loss.  For that matter, the defense played poorly in 2 of the playoff wins as well.

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

No way.  How do you sell him to your fanbase?

"Hey fans, ignore the playoff chitshows, like :13, and the Bengal Boatrace - just look at the regular season PPG allowed!  That's what really matters!"

The dude has been horrible for 3 years. If he was going to be gone, he’d be gone already. Never should have been able to ruin this season

• Agree 1

Absolutely wrong for our personnel. We can’t get pressure with our front, especially with Von out .There wasn’t any defenders in the same zip code for most of the game on plays underneath. Why are their backup lineman dominating our front on running plays?. Why are they dragging defenders for 5, 6, 7 yds.? Frazier’s wrong for our defense.

If I was Beane I would sink the majority of resources into the offense.

We've seen the defense get smoked in the playoffs all 3 years in the losses with all the picks and All-Pro players.

If they can't stop anyone when it counts then they damn sure better make sure they can protect Allen, have WRs that get open other than Diggs and let the offense go toe to toe...

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

If I was Beane I would sink the majority of resources into the offense.

We've seen the defense get smoked in the playoffs all 3 years in the losses with all the picks and All-Pro players.

If they can't stop anyone when it counts then they damn sure better make sure they can protect Allen, have WRs that get open other than Diggs and let the offense go toe to toe...

What sense does that make? You keep losing when it matters because of the defense, so try and make the offense better? How about fix the massive issue with the team….Getting stops?

33 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

Ill have a hard time being a fan next year if Frazier stays

I'll ALWAYS be a fan. But if Frazier is still the DC I will understand that this team has no chance to get over the Hump. PERIOD. 

55 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

NOTE:  Also hope we see Dorsey leave so we can get a more seasoned and creative OC in here.  No way they fire him, but hope he gets the Carolina job. 

Sadly I doubt either gets a HC job and doubt either gets fired.  

Edited 50 minutes ago by Alphadawg7

Why not?  I think he proved, over a 17 game season and post-season that his performance can be improved upon.  There has to be someone out there better.

Maybe one of the people being fired this year could replace him, including HCs?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JMM said:

Been saying it for over 3 years,  FRAZIER MUST GO. PERIOD!!!

I have too his ***** d line rotation takes out playmakers after they make a play! His read and react soft zone never stops 3 and forever! He is horrible been saying it for 3 years 

1 minute ago, JMM said:

I'll ALWAYS be a fan. But if Frazier is still the DC I will understand that this team has no chance to get over the Hump. PERIOD. 

Me too Fraizer has sucked for 3 seasons why does everyone say he is so good 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You say Frazier I say Defensive line. Von Miller injury was unfortunate but those guys aren’t good enough without him.

TO suggest this game had a damned thing to do with Von's absence is absolutely ridiculous.

The guy doesn't play many snaps anyway, and when he does, he is almost always nicely neutralized by the opposing right tackle, in a one-on-one battle that doesn't open anything else up for other DLmen.

Sure, he'll do something great once in the game, and then everyone says "Oh, there's Miller; he's a great player!" 

He's way overrated at this stage in his career; all big named edge rushers are over-rated.  They don't consistently do enough that directly results in WINS.

Keep Von, I'll take a stud Diggs-type #2 WR this off-season, please.

We scored 10 points today!  Against a great QB and great offense with maybe the best WR corps in the league.

That ain't gonna get it done! 

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What sense does that make? You keep losing when it matters because of the defense, so try and make the offense better? How about fix the massive issue with the team….Getting stops?

It's a scheme issue IMO. They give up way too much when they try and take something away.

It makes sense because year to year it is much easier to stay consistently good offensively than it is defensively. This has been studied. Much higher correlation year to year with good offenses versus good defenses.

So if they are going to not be good when they play good offensive teams then they need to outscore them.

Edited by Big Turk

This defense with Frazier's scheme and the players on the roster can't line up toe-to-toe and hold their own with the league's top QBs and defenses that make few if any mistakes or turnovers.  Watching the 49ers/Cowboys game and seeing two good defenses at work makes me realize how much of an illusion the Bills defense was this season.  The GM and front office need to act with a sense of urgency this offseason.  They can't ignore this problem if they're serious about winning it all

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I love McD as a HC, as a motivator and as a person, but he must be willing to make some coaching changes if he is to stay on for next season.

I doubt that will be one of the demand made of him. In fact I know it won't.

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

This defense with Frazier's scheme and the players on the roster can't line up toe-to-toe and hold their own with the league's top QBs and defenses that make few if any mistakes or turnovers.  Watching the 49ers/Cowboys game and seeing two good defenses at work makes me realize how much of an illusion the Bills defense was this season.  The GM and front office need to act with a sense of urgency this offseason.  They can't ignore this problem if they're serious about winning it all

That's what I am saying. If they are going to continue running this scheme they need to focus on the offense. They simply need to outscore teams in the playoffs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.