I’m over this defensive scheme. Bring in a new DC.

Alphadawg7

I recognize Frazier garners respect as a top tier DC and even possible HC candidate.  And in a lot ways it’s deserved.  But, I’m over his defense.  

I’ve been over it since last year, he then started to win me back holding together the D through so many injuries.  But last week and this week showed his defense is a liability come playoff time, just like it’s always been in every playoff exit we have had.

More importantly, his entire defensive scheme is as a DISADVANTAGE in bad weather.  Offense already has an advantage in bad weather because they know where they are going on each play.  Defenders have to play off a little more in bad weather, and that just completely disrupts our defensive scheme and gives opponents wide open targets to just pick apart Fraziers D.

They won’t fire McD after what this team went through this year, but I hop we make a change at DC.

NOTE:  Also hope we see Dorsey leave so we can get a more seasoned and creative OC in here.  No way they fire him, but hope he gets the Carolina job. 

Sadly I doubt either gets a HC job and doubt either gets fired.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 31
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I recognize Frazier garners respect as a top tier DC and even possible HC candidate.  And in a lot ways it’s deserved.  But, I’m over his defense.  

I’ve been over it since last year, he then started to win me back holding together the D through so many injuries.  But last week and this week showed his defense is a liability come playoff time, just like it’s always been.  

More importantly, his entire defensive scheme is as a DISADVANTAGE in bad weather.  Offense already has an advantage in bad weather because they know where they are going on each play.  Defenders have to play off a little more in bad weather, and that just completely disrupts our defensive scheme and gives opponents wide open targets to just pick apart Fraziers D.

They won’t fire McD after what this team went through this year, but I hop we make a change at DC.

NOTE:  Also hope we see Dorsey leave so we can get a more seasoned and creative OC in here.  No way they fire him, but hope he gets the Carolina job. 

Sadly I doubt either gets a HC job and doubt either gets fired.  

I agree, if McD is humble enough he gets rid of Frazier and lets someone come in and run their own defense. Can’t run this mainly zone defense and win in the playoffs

Also re Dorsey at least it’s his first year, Frazier doesn’t have an excuse

Edited by Bray Wyatt
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why does everyone have to get fired when you lose in the playoffs?

Why does Frazier need to keep on keeping his job after the defense fails in the playoffs?  It’s been every single year.  How many times do we need to see his defense not work in playoff football before we try something new?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whaaaat? This is an Alpha post?! I could’ve sworn you’ve long defended Frazier. I think Lou A, the Bengals coordinator, put on a clinic today. He schemed his chess pieces very well, it was like he knew what the Bills wanted to do and when. That’s a real DC. Meanwhile ours can’t stop the run, can’t stop the pass, can’t stop anything really against a Bengals line that was easily the worst unit left in the playoffs.

I’ve been over Frazier and his soft scheme for a couple years now and really thought he should’ve been canned at the end of 13 seconds. The definition of insanity is doing the same over and over and expecting different results. I’ll be pissed if we don’t make a move there and will lose faith in Beane on down. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why does everyone have to get fired when you lose in the playoffs?

Because 4 years straight the defense has let us down. It’s only dominant against bottom of the barrel QBs which you rarely face in the playoffs! Watson carved us up in the 2nd half, Mahomes carved us up 2 straight years and Burrow just made us his B word……scheme never delivers against top QB’s!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

Just now, streetkings01 said:

Because 4 years straight the defense has let us down. It’s only dominant against bottom of the barrel QBs which you rarely face in the playoffs! Watson carved us up in the 2nd half, Mahomes carved us up 2 straight years and Burrow just made us his B word……scheme never delivers against top QB’s!

This.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.