So who do we lose to free agency this year?

bills6969

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

On the roster:

Dawkins

Morse

Bates

Brown

Doyle

I’d bring back some of them - Quessenberry, Van Roten and Boetteger if their contracts are reasonable. 

Doyle is depth.  Bates and Brown are currently serviceable at best.  Morse could be done with another bad concussion.

If Beane doesn't address the OL as priority #1 then I don't know what they expect Josh Allen to do.

Bills lost today's game because Burrow had time to throw, and Josh didn't.  I will add their OC was much better than Dorsey.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Doyle is depth.  Bates and Brown are currently serviceable at best.  Morse could be done with another bad concussion.

If Beane doesn't address the OL as priority #1 then I don't know what they expect Josh Allen to do.

Bills lost today's game because Burrow had time to throw, and Josh didn't.  I will add their OC was much better than Dorsey.

I agree that OL play was a factor, but certainly not the only thing that caused the loss. We were out-coached and out-played on both sides of the ball - QB included.

I like continuity with the depth if they’re cheap. Morse’s successor should’ve been drafted already IMO so I really hope it happens this year. I would be happy to see an OG and a RT too. I think starters at LG and RT need to be upgraded and that eventual starting C needs added. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, ClemsonBills said:

Edmunds. The Bengals picked on him today. They required him to make quick decisions and guess wrong on about all of them. 

The DaQuan  Jones absence  was determinant, with him Edmunds and Milano are better players.

Oliver must go, you must find  some rotational guy elsewhere and cheaper 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Oliver is drawing triple teams by the looks of it. 

He got plenty of double teams. Honestly, I didn't like the pick when they got him so he's always had more of an uphill climb towards impressing me personally.

Objectively though, I don't think anyone can sincerely say he's been consistent enough to earn a big contract. 

I'd prioritise keeping the two LBs together and getting younger stars at safety, which may require another big FA find to pair with Hyde.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He got plenty of double teams. Honestly, I didn't like the pick when they got him so he's always had more of an uphill climb towards impressing me personally.

Objectively though, I don't think anyone can sincerely say he's been consistent enough to earn a big contract. 

I'd prioritise keeping the two LBs together and getting younger stars at safety, which may require another big FA find to pair with Hyde.

He is very tradeable imo this year.  Get something for him if you know he isn't worth the big contract later.  Edmunds is the only extension I can see worthy of one

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I agree that OL play was a factor, but certainly not the only thing that caused the loss. We were out-coached and out-played on both sides of the ball - QB included.

I like continuity with the depth of they’re cheap. Morse’s successor should’ve been drafted already IMO so I really hope it happens this year. I would be happy to see an OG and a RT too. I think starters at LG and RT need to be upgraded and that eventual starting C needs added. 

I agree.  I got beat up about Dorsey last week, so I went along with the crowd.  Frazier is stuck in his plan that may have worked with

all his stars on the field but lacked when the "next man up" became a reality.

My opinion (which doesn't mean squat but to me) is both sides game plans are too rigid and do not adjust enough for the opposition.

Nothing can sway my opinion that the best way to right this ship is to give Josh Allen more time in the pocket and a game plan

that puts the opposing defenses on their heels.

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Surprise cut, Tre White. He's just hugging guys at this point. He gets paid WAY too much for this kind of play

ACLs do take a while to come back from, but my arms are firmly folded right now. If he still doesn't look right early next season, trade him before the deadline. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree.  I got beat up about Dorsey last week, so I went along with the crowd.  Frazier is stuck in his plan that may have worked with

all his stars on the field but lacked when the "next man up" became a reality.

My opinion (which doesn't mean squat but to me) is both sides game plans are too rigid and do not adjust enough for the opposition.

Nothing can sway my opinion that the best way to right this ship is to give Josh Allen more time in the pocket and a game plan

that puts the opposing defenses on their heels.

42 passes (plus a sack) by Allen, 8 rushes by Allen, 6 rushes by Motor and 5 rushes by Cook. That’s ridiculous. Way too many deep shots today (just like last week) and not enough taking what the defenses are giving us. And not nearly enough rushing. 

As for the defense, McDermott bears the blame as much as Frazier. He might not be calling the plays, but it’s his baby and his fingerprints are all over the personnel and scheme. The Bills went with a defensive HC, which means we have to deal with our successful OCs turning over. The trade off has to be a stellar defense. You can’t have the failures we’ve seen in the postseason. 

6 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

The coaches saw they did not have a good enough pass rush since MILLER went down.  They had enough time to acquire a vet DL that could help.

Eric Washington & Frazier needs to go.

Dorsey needs to go, he is overly aggressive with the passing game.  

The answer to your stud DE snapping an ACL can’t be to repeatedly blitz Edmunds over and over again despite his utter ineffectiveness at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

42 passes (plus a sack) by Allen, 8 rushes by Allen, 6 rushes by Motor and 5 rushes by Cook. That’s ridiculous. Way too many deep shots today (just like last week) and not enough taking what the defenses are giving us. And not nearly enough rushing. 

As for the defense, McDermott bears the blame as much as Frazier. He might not be calling the plays, but it’s his baby and his fingerprints are all over the personnel and scheme. The Bills went with a defensive HC, which means we have to deal with our successful OCs turning over. The trade off has to be a stellar defense. You can’t have the failures we’ve seen in the postseason. 

The answer to your stud DE snapping an ACL can’t be to repeatedly blitz Edmunds over and over again despite his utter ineffectiveness at it. 

It's about the coaching staff not adjusting and just depending on 1 guy.

Just now, BBills_88 said:

It's about the coaching staff not adjusting and just depending on 1 guy.

Not adjusting? What was their game plan? Either it was to pass 80% of the time or they planned a more balanced attack and abandoned that. And what was with the repeated downfield passes like last week? I sure hope that wasn’t the game plan. Either Dorsey is game planning way too much of that or he isn’t reigning in Josh when he gets in that mode. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.