So who do we lose to free agency this year?

bills6969

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

The salary cap isn't real and they could easily free up space with some restructures

It's not a big deal, but it's something to consider. Look at New Orleans - they pushed their cap issues way down the road and it's catching up to them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

It's not a big deal, but it's something to consider. Look at New Orleans - they pushed their cap issues way down the road and it's catching up to them. 

The difference is Beane is much better at cap management than most GMs are. That was his job as an assistant GM in Carolina.

• Agree 1

What about OL? We have 5 under contract next season. I think we sign (or re-sign) several and draft at least two. Here are the OL FAs:

Quessenberry

Saffold

Van Roten

Boetteger

Hart

Murray

On the roster:

Dawkins

Morse

Bates

Brown

Doyle

I’d bring back some of them - Quessenberry, Van Roten and Boetteger if their contracts are reasonable. 

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

What about OL? We have 5 under contract next season. I think we sign (or re-sign) several and draft at least two. Here are the OL FAs:

Quessenberry

Saffold

Van Roten

Boetteger

Hart

Murray

On the roster:

Dawkins

Morse

Bates

Brown

Doyle

I’d bring back some of them - Quessenberry, Van Roten and Boetteger if their contracts are reasonable. 

Saffold was abysmal today. I guess keep Van Roten for flexibility, Hart because he might be good (?) and Boettger. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The difference is Beane is much better at cap management than most GMs are. That was his job as an assistant GM in Carolina.

Beane is good with the cap but he is not special in that regard. GMs are almost all really good at it - and the poor ones don’t last long. 

Of the big names:

Poyer, Phillips, Singletary and Saffold. 

If we keep Edmunds, we should trade Oliver. 

Id shop Tre White. 

Way too much investment on this defense.  Still decent talent coming back next year if you strip the defense down.

Hire a more aggressive coordinator and devote the off-season to the offense.  

Just now, Roundybout said:

Saffold was abysmal today. I guess keep Van Roten for flexibility, Hart because he might be good (?) and Boettger. 

Yeah. You need some continuity if it makes financial sense. Of those three two will be very cheap and the other (Ques) shouldn’t be that much more. 

19 minutes ago, Wizard said:

That's because Edmund's is a solid player but the knock is he is a tick behind on instincts and processing.

Would I want him back?  Absolutely? Do I want him back for 15+ million per?  No...not unless that comes with an O-Line, a 2nd receiver, a healthy Von Miller, and 2 new coordinators.

Acquiring his replacement needs to be a top level priority. Keep him, whatever.. because he’s not the worst player on the defensive,  but don’t pretend he’s the answer. He’s not. He ALWAYS gets bodied by a slower OLinemen, and then he follows the runningback ten yards down field, within totally mauling position, and refuses to maul, then the RB falls down or gets hit by an incoming Bills defender, and Edmunds touches the RB when he’s already on the ground. Gain of 12. Soooooo sick of him and Frazier. 

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Can lose anyone but 17 and 14 and I'll be ok

Shakir looked good too. 

While it's on my mind, Gabe Davis can go. He looks so disinterested in playing sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I think it's always been Poyer. They'll want to keep younger core guys. I'm not that keen on Oliver either, though.

Oliver is drawing triple teams by the looks of it. 

Edited by Roundybout

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.