We’re on to the draft!

DCofNC

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think this is finally the year Beane should consider trading back in the 1st round. Late 20s is kind of no man's land IMO. Pick up another top 100 pick and restock the offense with as many players as possible.

I’d rather them trade picks for players. If we are hoping day 2 WR’s save us next year, we are gonna be miserable.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’d rather them trade picks for players. If we are hoping day 2 WR’s save us next year, we are gonna be miserable.

I'm in on DeAndre Hopkins, no question. If not him trade for Brandin Cooks or sign OBJ. I agree they can't go into 2023 with the only #2 WR options as Davis and a rookie. Still I would rather they also trade back from pick 27. All of the mocks I've looked at have a lot of DBs and DL going in that range. I'm good on those positions. If there isn't a WR or LT sticking out just trade back until the value meets the need.

Edited by HappyDays

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Day 2 is the sweet spot for getting great value on WRs. Michael Gallup, Courtland Sutton, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Michael Pittman, and Tee Higgins all drafted on day 2. Plus Christian Watson and George Pickens had really strong rookie seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

After it is all said and done, trades and FA, aside from QB the pick will be BPA. As it should be, to me any way.  The last time that was evident for the Bills, as I recall it was with Sam Cowart and that worked well until an injury.  We were not deeply in need of an ILB, yet picked him and it elevated our defense. 

Again, not saying we go defense, just saying we go BPA aside from QB. I do recall there was some disbelief with that pick, but again, it ultimately was a smart choice.

I feel this is our route.  I hope it is.

We have 6 picks (barring trades).

I would like to see us walk away with:

• WR/OL the first two picks.

After that, in Rounds 3-5:

• Another OL
  • LB
  • Safety

Best Player Available in the 6th.

For the O-Line, I'd like to see one inside and one tackle

Good to know our 5th rounder is Arizona's, so it's 3rd in the 5th round.

Edited by damj

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

It’s thinking like this that has produced a horrible D-line for this team…so no thanks…

I’m not really sure I see the comparison here. Because they’ve whiffed on picks and misevaluated D-line picks in past drafts they’re more likely to misevaluate high O-line picks because… they both have “line” in the name? Doesn’t make any sense. They’re as likely to whiff on a pick for any position. It could happen with whatever WR you want too.

I agree that their philosophy of trying to get a ton of D-lineman with high picks that could be used rotationally was flawed. More so because Epenesa and Basham suck relative to their draft position, and the jury is still out on Rousseau too. I don’t think that’s comparable to the O-line at all. You’re looking for every down starters there, not rotational players. And Josh can no longer operate with the type of protection he had this year. Everything on offense starts with the blocking up front. Whatever skill position player you want drafted is 1) as likely to be a bust as any other pick and 2) won’t be effective if josh can’t get them the ball because he was pressure in his face every play. 

Our O-line is one of the worst in the league. Josh is the only reason they won’t look worse. He masks how bad they truly are with his ability. And the only good parts (Dawkins and Morse) need replacements drafted NOW. Don’t expect their level of ply to continue beyond another year. All 5 positions on the line need revamped either immediately or within a year or two. Again, just my opinion, but I think they need to spend almost the entire draft revamping the O-line. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.