We’re on to the draft!

DCofNC

Please go OL, OL, and OL in rounds 1, 2, and 3. Josh can't continue to have pressure in his face every play or take big hits all the time. He can get a lot more out of mediocre skill position talent than any other QB, but we have to protect him. It's been neglected for too long. Just shore up the OL. I don't care if they just do that and try to work with what we have at WR. It's much more important to adequately protect Josh IMO.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

I think we need 2 OL from this draft, and a 3rd via FA.

If a very good WR like Jordan Addison falls to #28, then I'd be on-board. Follow that up with OL/OL. I don't want us taking a "project" WR in the late 1st, like Parker Washington.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I remember the good old days, like just last offseason, when making such a statement branded someone a heretic and their fanhood was challenged.

now it’s the opposite.  You can’t have any optimism or just root for the team.  So who cares. 

5 hours ago, DC Greg said:

Please go OL, OL, and OL in rounds 1, 2, and 3. Josh can't continue to have pressure in his face every play or take big hits all the time. He can get a lot more out of mediocre skill position talent than any other QB, but we have to protect him. It's been neglected for too long. Just shore up the OL. I don't care if they just do that and try to work with what we have at WR. It's much more important to adequately protect Josh IMO.

Can you imagine if Josh had 4 seconds every time?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DC Greg said:

It’s thinking like this that has produced a horrible D-line for this team…so no thanks…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Depending on who’s available at 27, the pick has to lean OL or WR. Give me the best OG/C in the first. I’d like to see Beane be aggressive in the first four rounds to get impact players. The likelihood that a 5th, 6th or 7th round pick makes the roster is minimal so package picks to move up. Bills hitting on their first three picks would be huge! An anchor on the OL, a playmaking WR and a safety would help balance the roster. 

Mock draft time??!!

Here is a mock I did today. Feel free to mock or compliment it (all rounds, no trades PFF simulator) 

RD1: 27: S-Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M.  I figure we lose Poyer, and Johnson can fit right in.  I know, we need a WR and a bunch of offensive toys, but he is BPA here.  

R2: 59:  WR-Jalin Hyatt, Tenn.  Risk is only one year of high production, but upside is there to be a true #2 or eventual #1 WR.  

R3: 91  RB-Zach Evans, RB, Ole Miss.  Compliment for Cook.  Good back with speed/strength/catching.  

Rd 4: 130:  C/G Jarrett Patterson, ND.  Eventual replacement for Morse while a starter at G.  Seems like a day 1 player.  Allowed no sacks through Jr. year.   

R4:139: LB-Owen Pappoe, Auburn.  Replacement for Edmunds.  Not as athletic, but can hold up in the middle.    

R5: 164:  G/OT Jaxon Kirkland, Washington.  Not sure he lasts this long, but another guy who could potentially start day 1.  Some positional flexibility.  

R6: 205:  DT-Cameron Young, Miss State.  The need to perhaps replace Oliver or add another weapon/stout player in the middle of the DL.  Strength is more this guys game. 

R7: 247:  WR-Jayden Reed, MSU:  Not sure he lasts this long.  Speedy slot WR.  Not sure we need another slot, but great value here and will be a contributor.  More weapons for JA

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.