We’re on to the draft!

DCofNC

Putting so much money and resources into the DL / defense in general has gotten us… this. Can’t stop ANYone in the run, opposing QBs who aren’t dog 💩 complete EVERYthing. … What does it matter to invest in DL when offenses are allowed to hold with impunity in today’s league? Let Edmunds walk, let Ed walk.

Offense has been kept status quo with an expectation, maybe, that Josh will make chicken poop look like chicken salad. We couldn’t move the ball for anything. 

Need to invest HEAVILY in offense in FA and Draft. That’s where it is in the modern game. WR needs massive upgrade; Gabe is not who we thought he could be. OL needs upgrade at RT, LG, and C. 

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

No you’re absolutely right.

I said that mid season and got ripped on.

But he is a very mediocre drafter.

A couple of descent day 2/3 picks, but overall too many whiffs

I’m still spinning with Basham over Creed…..

• Agree 3

Starting tonight or in the morning, Beane should be announcing a plethora of OL and DL signings to reserve / futures contracts. The draft simply cannot solve all of our problems.  This is a multi-layered approach and Beane has shown the draft is not truly his forte.  Start bringing in big nasty maulers, the more the better. 

If today's game did not absolutely reveal that we need line help, then I cannot grasp what one just saw in that game.  It was 100% won (Cinn) and 100% lost (Buff) in the trenches today.

Nothing. Else. Matters. Zippo. Nada.

• Agree 2

As poorly as they played on D,  I take the same stance as I did a year ago.   They're going to win or lose depending on Josh Allen,  but he needs help. This OL needs a major overhaul and now that the season is over,  it's also very clear that they need help at WR2 and WR3 as well.  

At this point,  I think I'd use every single pick on offense. 

• Agree 1

Great…can’t wait for Beane to fail at another draft…sign me up…

Can’t wait to see what lesser talent are we gonna draft because of need?

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Good thing they are good at drafting linemen. Ford, Oliver, Epenesa, Basham, Rousseau, Brown. They all looked great today...

What you talking about? Those are foundational pieces…😉

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll say it, Beane is mediocre at drafting. 

His resume outside of Allen is not good. 

When it comes to the 2nd round, he might be the worst I’ve ever seen. Not a single difference maker: Ford, Epenesa, Basham and Cook.

Shhhh the homers will be here to tell you he’s amazing in rounds 4-7

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Good thing they are good at drafting linemen. Ford, Oliver, Epenesa, Basham, Rousseau, Brown. They all looked great today...

There’s somebody who gets it!

13 minutes ago, Golden said:

I’m still spinning with Basham over Creed…..

Let’s not get started on all the picks this board would have made vs what Beane went for, sad part is, a bunch of drunk hacks would have made better picks.

Morse is good at C, but him looking at retirement is a big question. Both Gs need upgraded. They got abused, badly.

Davis is too hot and cold. When he's on, he's scary good. But when not, yeah. Diggs is good at 1. Shakir is still young, give him another year at least to see what happens.

Nice to see some realist here today, this soft team isn’t a fit for Buffalo weather and can’t handle the big games.  The McBeane era would have been over if they hadn’t got lucky on Allen.  I hope the ownership can see it and starts looking around.  There’s a reason all the teams left in the playoffs have offensive coaches and hire aggressive D coordinators.  The Tampa 2 is dead, it should have been extinct when Dungy left and Tampa finally won the title.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The trenches have been dominated when it matters, it’s time to upgrade.

I'm all in favor of addressing the O line, after we have secured our #2 WR.  Unless they want to get that through free agency.

The DL has hogged enough of our draft picks with this administration.  They are terrible at it.  Changes need to be made, but they don't get big draft capital to do it.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll say it, Beane is mediocre at drafting. 

His resume outside of Allen is not good. 

When it comes to the 2nd round, he might be the worst I’ve ever seen. Not a single difference maker: Ford, Epenesa, Basham and Cook.

On top of the actual players he selects, I fundamentally disagree with his draft philosophies too. 

I’m not totally out on him but I think he might be a bigger issue than our coordinators are. 

12 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

On top of the actual players he selects, I fundamentally disagree with his draft philosophies too. 

I’m not totally out on him but I think he might be a bigger issue than our coordinators are. 

Absolutely agree his philosophy is less than ideal, he’s continually reached for needs.  No great GM has ever said, “I took the best player available, that met the needs”.  You take BPA period.  There’s no time ever that somebody has said, sure we drafted a HOF player at X position, but it sure would have been nice to have an average player at the place of need.   He got hung up on a pas catching RB, there’s a second wasted, wanted a cover LB, there’s a wasted 3rd rounder, not to mention panicking about DB and trading away and extra pick to get the consolation prize because he wasn’t willing to go get the guy he wanted for what was basically the same cost.  This last draft was an absolute ***** show and honestly, most have gone the same way.  He gets hung up on a need and won’t budge.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.