Jets request to interview Joe Brady for OC

Process

1 hour ago, Process said:

Wonder if he will even be interested. If he wants to be a head coach someday his best bet is to stay with the Bills and Josh Allen. 

If his eyes are on a HC position in the future, he will need to climb the ladder. Hence, a promotion will be tough to turn down but I can see him refusing based on the hand he will be dealt with the Jets. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

This ***** is out of hand. League needs to put a moratorium on interviewing coaches in-season (even postseason). Should be classified as tampering.

Plus... Joe prob knows he's got the inside track to bills oc if Dorsey moves on. And obv he would prefer that to new jersey

I’m actually not sure about the “inside track”.  We have Mike Shula, who was Dorsey’s boss in Carolina and OC under Shurmur for Daniel Jones rookie year, where he looked competent.

Bills previously proposed that moratorium and were shot down.

59 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If his eyes are on a HC position in the future, he will need to climb the ladder. Hence, a promotion will be tough to turn down but I can see him refusing based on the hand he will be dealt with the Jets. 

Joe Brady has already been an OC with the Panthers and was fired mid-season, fair or unfair.  

If he wants to climb the ladder, he needs to make sure that this time he isn’t stepping onto a rotten rung - ask Daboll what OC gigs with bad Browns, Dolphins, and KC teams did for his career trajectory.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Easy fix- NO teams can interview or hire coaches until the season is fully done (SB included). See, that wasn't all that hard!

That is not an easy fix because the timetable is so tight. You can't give new staffs exactly 4 weeks between the Superbowl and free agency. Too tight to build your staff, evaluate your own roster, re-sign your own FAs and then identify FAs to target. They could move free agency back 2 weeks, but then that really starts to impinge on the draft. 

The one thing they SHOULD do IMO is put the Superbowl back to the first Sunday in Feb. And if they must have their 17 game regular season start a week earlier. But that still doesn't buy you enough time to prevent all hiring until after the Superbowl. 

6 hours ago, Process said:

Wonder if he will even be interested. If he wants to be a head coach someday his best bet is to stay with the Bills and Josh Allen. 

Can some NFL team please request an interview with Leslie Frazier!!!!

Edited by TAinLA

Just now, clearwater cadet said:

Dorsey not going anywhere.

I don't know why people think coaches are static. Like they don't grow and improve just like a player does year to year.

It was his first time as an OC. I'm sure there are a lot of lessons he learned and will continue to learn as he progresses.

Maybe this is his ceiling but I would tend to doubt it.

Look at Daboll. He was not great in his first few kicks at the can but he learned something from those failures.

And that is what so many don't seem to get. In life, failures usually teach you a lot more than your successes do.

I would expect him to be better next year and probably every year after that for at least a few more.

I wouldn’t fear losing any coach or player (not named Allen or Diggs) at this point. This team needs lots of work before they can worry about being a Super Bowl team. Losing an OC and for sure losing a QB coach will have ZERO effect on this team actually improving for 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

sucks. Last year's playoff defeat kept Frazier here, this year will keep Dorsey here. Time to nix McD if he won't make the changes.  

McDermott is not a big game coach, he got a good owner, good gm, great QB, good roster , but he gets out coached when it matters.  Constantly coaches not to loss but never to win.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.