Jets request to interview Joe Brady for OC

Process

This ***** is out of hand. League needs to put a moratorium on interviewing coaches in-season (even postseason). Should be classified as tampering.

Plus... Joe prob knows he's got the inside track to bills oc if Dorsey moves on. And obv he would prefer that to new jersey

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This might be an appealing gig for Brady.  The Jets have a very good defense, young weapons on offense, and a good HC (IMO).  I believe they also have a ton of cap space.  I could see them making a legitimate run for Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers in the offseason.

Hate to lose Brady, but I could see why the NYJ could be a desirable landing spot for a young OC.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This might be an appealing gig for Brady.  The Jets have a very good defense, young weapons on offense, and a good HC (IMO).  I believe they also have a ton of cap space.  I could see them making a legitimate run for Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rogers in the offseason.

Hate to lose Brady, but I could see why the NYJ could be a desirable landing spot for a young OC.

How do you take an OC job not knowing who the QB is?  Sure management can tell you whatever, but how do you trust the Jets?

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

This ***** is out of hand. League needs to put a moratorium on interviewing coaches in-season (even postseason). Should be classified as tampering.

Plus... Joe prob knows he's got the inside track to bills oc if Dorsey moves on. And obv he would prefer that to new jersey

Was it out of hand when the Bills were in the drought? It got us McDermott. It’s been happening for years, it’s no different now, but we aren’t used to seeing Bills coaches getting interviewed 

35 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

They changed this not too many years back, because the coaches on the successful teams were being screwed out of opportunities. Don't see this changing. It is certainly not tampering. 

Brady is the heir apparent to Dorsey and the Bills' OC job.  One year of being OC "coaching" JA17 and he will be a hot HC candidate again.  

It just depends on if he wants to wait for Dorsey to get a HC job or not.

27 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Was it out of hand when the Bills were in the drought? It got us McDermott. It’s been happening for years, it’s no different now, but we aren’t used to seeing Bills coaches getting interviewed 

Yeah it's out of hand. So what if it landed us McDermott it doesn't mean it's a functional system.

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They changed this not too many years back, because the coaches on the successful teams were being screwed out of opportunities. Don't see this changing. It is certainly not tampering. 

Well this is certainly a problem, and you would think NFL cares about the product on the field.

Easy fix- NO teams can interview or hire coaches until the season is fully done (SB included). See, that wasn't all that hard!

32 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I don't believe the Panthers were even in the playoffs the year McDermott left.

5 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yeah it's out of hand. So what if it landed us McDermott it doesn't mean it's a functional system.

Well this is certainly a problem, and you would think NFL cares about the product on the field.

Easy fix- NO teams can interview or hire coaches until the season is fully done (SB included). See, that wasn't all that hard!

Why would the NFL change something that’s not an actual issue? I’ve never once heard a coach or GM complain about this. This is more about fans complaining about a system and process they know very little about 

12 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Totally throws off the competitive balance for the teams who are not in the playoff and changing coaching staffs. Ridiculous suggestion.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.