What Would You Rather Do: Cris Collinsworth Edition

Johnny Hammersticks

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I gave an example up thread.  When it gets to calling a deep throw that plainly went through the receivers hands and was catchable by Lawrence an "overthrow", while effusively praising Mahomes starting to scramble up the middle and then dirting the ball as "a fantastic effort", that goes beyond recognizing the skill of a superior play, and into "inability to see the game with objectivity or impartiality" eg, Bias.

tying threads together

I watched the game on delay and was FFing thru so I missed his comment on Lawrence’s throw - and most of his commentary in this game. I was speaking more generally. I assume you mean the bomb to Kirk. If so, that’s a poor call by Romo and fair comment by you. I thought the WR had to dive because he didn’t adjust to the ball. That one wasn’t on Lawrence, it was on Kirk.

As for Collinsworth’s schtick in general, I guess it does get into the territory of being biased. I don’t blame him for talking up Mahomes or previously Brady, but he definitely gets into the realm of them not being able to do wrong. 

He is usually bad but yesterday was just a whole new level of bad.  The dude praised a pass thrown in the dirt.  They talked about his stupid ankle after every single damn play.  I think someone on a twitter started a petition to get the guy fired.  I hope it works.  He is nauseating.

• Like (+1) 1

https://youtu.be/2cZ_EFAmj08

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I also had to turn the volume down. He was unbearable yesterday. 

I would rather have Yoko Ono sing “Black Dog,” directly into my good ear for 4 hours straight than listen to Collinsworth call a KC game. 

For singers covering classics, this was incredible

https://youtu.be/2cZ_EFAmj08

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

He's too much obnoxious fan, not enough objective commentator. 1st Brady now Mahomes. But don't worry now he's got his kid on the cast to take over the schtick when he retires from this in 20 years.

he wont live another 20 years.

Football World Is Ripping Cris Collinsworth For Comment During Chiefs-Jaguars Game

"Cris Collinsworth gushed over Mahomes throwing a ball into the dirt, and yet criticized Lawrence for overthrowing a 50-yard pass to Kirk that was a drop, not an overthrow," a self-described Jaguars fan tweeted. "What are we doing here, guys."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.