What Would You Rather Do: Cris Collinsworth Edition

Johnny Hammersticks

I had to turn the volume down last night during the Collinsworth tongue bath of Patrick Mahomes.  It was absolutely obnoxious, and honestly, I don’t know why they let him call Chiefs games anymore (or any other games).

What would you rather do than listen to one more game called by Collinsworth?

I’ll start.  I’d rather listen to Lil’ Wayne cover the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon album on repeat for 72 hours straight whilst sticking sewing needles in my junk.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 15

I also had to turn the volume down. He was unbearable yesterday. 

I would rather have Yoko Ono sing “Black Dog,” directly into my good ear for 4 hours straight than listen to Collinsworth call a KC game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I had to turn the volume down last night during the Collinsworth tongue bath of Patrick Mahomes.  It was absolutely obnoxious, and honestly, I don’t know why they let him call Chiefs games anymore (or any other games).

I’ll start.  I’d rather listen to Lil’ Wayne cover the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon album on repeat for 72 hours straight whilst sticking sewing needles in my junk.

Your kink...is OK?

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I would rather have Yoko Ono sing “Black Dog,” directly into my good ear for 4 hours straight than listen to Collinsworth call a KC game. 

I am in awe :worthy::worthy:

Never could I have conceptualized putting Yoko Ono and "Black Dog" into the same musical performance.  Did this actually occur, or is this an amazeballs flight of creative fancy?

It wasn't the KC "knob slobbering" that got me it was the bizarre play evaluations, as when Lawrence placed a beautiful catchable deep ball that actually went through his WR hands and Collinsworth repeatedly insisted that he overthrew him; or, when Mahomes stumbled and threw a ball into the dirt and he started praising it as a fantastic play by Mahomes.  That was "what are you ON?" time for me.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Grow a sense of humor.  Dork.

That was my sense of humor, poking fun at the imagined sex life that leads you to come up with a comparison like that.

Guess yours doesn't encompass being laughed at.

And that's OK, just like your kink

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wouldn’t do anything more than what I do every time CC calls a game - I shut off the sound.

He is one of the worst announcers to listen to in terms of how he talks about players and his favoritism.  

Therefore; we no longer listen at all to the broadcast and it is significantly better that way.

He really needs to learn to shut up - give a touch of insight and let the Play by play caller drive the game.

• Agree 1

All of the Collinsworth defenders are about to swoop in.

It isn't just Bills fans that hate him. Fans from every fanbase, including KC, complain about him. True, he has a lot of supporters as well. Fans are very split on him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

That was my sense of humor, poking fun at the imagined sex life that leads you to come up with a comparison like that.

Guess yours doesn't encompass being laughed at.

And that's OK, just like your kink

I mean…I don’t know why my post would lead you to speculate about my sex life, but what ever blows your hair back fella 👍

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Constantly talking up the faces of the NFL seems like something the NFL would specifically encourage the announcers to do. I suspect that is the driving force behind it. But, my God, it is annoying. I’m guessing Burrow and Allen get some of the same treatment from Romo today though. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Constantly talking up the faces of the NFL seems like something the NFL would specifically encourage the announcers to do. I suspect that is the driving force behind it. But, my God, it is annoying. I’m guessing Burrow and Allen get some of the same treatment from Romo today though. 

romo will definitely do his share of burrows ball washing today but I have to admit, he does prop JA a lot more lately. although he really could have little choice not to given some of the game experiences lately he has had. namely the pats game. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And be on a repeater with the Wendy’s “Where’s the Beef” or even worse watching non-stop teletubbies awful Children’s show while my ex repeatedly kicks me in my junk!  (She’s actually pretty nice, but it fit the motif)

• Haha (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Give him a break!  His boy toy T*m is out of playoffs and he is looking for a new one.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

There is a stark difference in the way that Collingsworth talks about Patrick Mahomes, and the way that Tony Romo does his thing Tony Romo drives me nuts because he never shuts up but I don’t see him being so biased

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There is a stark difference in the way that Collingsworth talks about Patrick Mahomes, and the way that Tony Romo does his thing Tony Romo drives me nuts because he never shuts up but I don’t see him being so biased

Romo isn't biased. He is just annoying. Not sure why Bills fans have been complaining about him being biased.

I'm just grateful Collinsworth isn't calling the Bills / Bengals game.

His "sell by date" was about 10 years ago.  He can single handedly ruin a good football game.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd rather have a sinus infection so severe that it plugs my ears so that I can't hear.

Oh wait, I do.

Not being able to hear Collinsworth yesterday was so wonderful that I intentionally did not take any Sudafed during the game. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.