Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BillsFan692 said:

It's about 7 hours -- definitely driveable.  There are 32 teams in the NFL 25 of them are probably not driveabe (over more than 8 hours away). Boston, NJ, Phil, Detroit, all around 6 hours from buffalo. Cleveland/Pitt is the closest at 3 hours -- cinncinati is 7 hours. So it's pretty close overall.

Not like MIA fans can drive to BLO or BLO fans can drive to LA.  Cinn to buff? Easy drive.

I guess we have a different definition of an "easy drive" lol

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Huh? It's not very close at all. I lived there. Erie is very close. Rochester is very close. Cleveland is close. Pittsburgh is close.

Cincinnati is between 6.5-7 hours 

I didn't say it was the absolute closest team to us, I said it is driveable you don't have to fly. It's close enough.

32 teams in the NFL its closer than 25 of them.

Just now, Bferra13 said:

I guess we have a different definition of an "easy drive" lol

I guess so.

We had 8 penalties for 60 yards including some killer holdings and a DPI.

There were 14 penalties in both games yesterday COMBINED.  

10 TOTAL in the KC-Dal game.  Dallas did have 7 of those in fairness - the road team.  

The Bengals were clearly screwed playing in Buffalo while we were given a neutral site game if we moved on to the AFCCG. 

The Bengals had TWO penalties today for 9 yards.  

That is all.   

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I didn't say it was the absolute closest team to us, I said it is driveable you don't have to fly. It's close enough.

32 teams in the NFL its closer than 25 of them.

I guess so.

I'm just going by you saying "very close". It certainly is not that.

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

I don't think it's that he won't play within it. It is that our system gives receivers too many options on routes and Josh and the receivers need to be on the same page, with a weak oline that doesn't hold up.

Our line is Terrible.  Even Dawkins , our pro bowl LT is nowhere near the elite LTs. 

I think the coaching gives too much leeway to the players, especially on O. They're good enough to beat most teams with this style but not the truly elite ones. I just don't see an easy fix out of this. Dabol is very missed, he at least added some much needed creativity and kept defenses on their toes. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Huh? It's not very close at all. I lived there. Erie is very close. Rochester is very close. Cleveland is close. Pittsburgh is close.

Cincinnati is between 6.5-7 hours 

If only the bills played Erie or Rochester yesterday.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH

To me, when I reflect on not only yesterday but basically the year a lot of what was hard to put a finger on was clearly expressed through the game yesterday.

(1) The one area our players are significantly and consistently coached up appears to come from the Bills PR team.  The players never truly make any hiccups during their scheduled time in front of the camera.  Maybe our position coaches could pick up a hint or two from the Bills PR team on how they coach? 

(2) The team is a reflection of McD.  And that goes both ways, for the good and for the not so good.  His PR disposition and "content" during the canned PR segments says one thing (tough, hardened, no nonsense) and then during the game it gets expressed way differently (get punched in face, think deeply about what to do next).  This is like bourbon, there are some noses that do not match the taste. It is confusing and does not work well.  Usually disappointing.

(3) Clearly the team needs time; and now they have it.  They need to soul search, recalibrate their focus, and reflect on what got them into playing football and how they want their legacy to form. Losing is part of the game and always hard, but when you do not even go down swinging that can take a toll on everyone.

(4) I am highly intrigued on how our Front Office responds here.  I get that the standard platitudes will be spewed to placate a fan base, but at the same time if they look hard at where they are at as a team, I have to think it will stimulate some proactive and aggressive moves to address the opportunities that yesterday revealed.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.