Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

50 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is on Beane as well he really gambled on Von Miller and until he got hurt it worked…when he got hurt his draft picks stunk up the joint 

Beane has missed on getting IMPACT players in the first three rounds now on multiple drafts (Ford, Moss, Boogie, AJE and the LB from Baylor) He’s tried drafting 3 RB’s in the first three rounds with none having fully secured the spot as a mainstay.  Agree he’s open to criticism.

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, boater said:

It's time for the annual end-of-season fan over reaction and suicide watch. Just a quick review of the forum subject lines shows the season finale drama is in full gear.

If it makes you feel better: the season ends this way for 31 teams every year.

No overreaction here.

An overreaction would have been if I  blindly ignored the issues this team had all season.

I did not feel this team was playoff caliber. It had a great W/L record, but I have felt better about teams we have fielded with worse records that happened to peak and play good football at the right time.

There are changes needed, but I expect the Bills FO will take a sober look at both staff and players where improvements need to be made. This is not a knee-jerk org and that is the right approach.

Business can be brutal, but folks get paid to make honest evaluations and tough decisions too.

Players are pretty banged up this year, I just want these human beings to heal up first and foremost.

There will be plenty of time for self reflection.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We were working hard to pass Kansas City, and have fallen behind Cincinnati.  

No excuses.  We lost in the trenches.   They were better, and they are the better team.  

To early to start to disect this team, its too raw.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Agree 3

Honest question: deep down, most of us knew this wasn’t the SB year, right?. Sure, we won 8 in a row, but it just never felt like last year. Maybe it’s why I’m not upset right now, but I 100% didn’t expect to make it to the SB this year. Hopefully it’s that and not just finally apathy. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Beane has missed on getting IMPACT players in the first three rounds now on multiple drafts (Ford, Moss, Boogie, AJE and the LB from Baylor) He’s tried drafting 3 RB’s in the first three rounds with none having fully secured the spot as a mainstay.  Agree he open to criticism.

Kills me watching Isaiah Pacheco become KC's feature back while we try in vain to make James Cook more than a change of pace back.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Besides  Jacksonville, Buffalo was the worst team out of the last six. The Super Bowl wasn’t happening this year anyway 

And Jacksonville will move heaven & earth to surround Lawrence with an improved O line and play makers.  Meanwhile our defensive minded coaching staff and front office will double down on trying to fix the defense.  If we don't PIVOT on a dime and throw everything into surrounding our elite generational QB with offensive talent this team will continue it's decline in the AFC relative to the other top teams.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bengals had 30 first downs you aren’t beating a freaking college team with those kinda numbers  🙄

It was a joke. They almost could have just handed the ball to the running back or thrown a quick slant and dominated us. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Kills me watching Isaiah Pacheco become KC's feature back while we try in vain to make James Cook more than a change of pace back.

And pick up Toney and he is their deebo samuel. While we sit cook, pick up Hines and get brown and Beasley. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Honest question: deep down, most of us knew this wasn’t the SB year, right?. Sure, we won 8 in a row, but it just never felt like last year. Maybe it’s why I’m not upset right now, but I 100% didn’t expect to make it to the SB this year. Hopefully it’s that and not just finally apathy. 

There was hope they would turn it on. 

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

We were working hard to pass Kansas City and have fallen behind Cincinnati.  

No excuses.  We lost in the trenches.   They were better, and they are the better team.  

To early to start to disect this game, its too raw.  

And if we don't change our focus from a defensive minded to an offensive minded organization well continue to waste the talents of our elite QB and fall behind Jacksonville.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

I expected more from everyone.  Not a single player had a decent game. 

Coaching seemed non existent.  Our play calling was uninspiring at best

Honestly we need a new DC and OC. Both have been bad. Spare me the season numbers. When it counted they were over matched. 13 seconds last year and 60 minutes today. 3rd and 2 on a key possession and we go long. No understanding of situational football. Looking deep on every play. We need an adult OC and  DC with some aggression. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Josh needs a OC with experience , he need to be coached not just wing it. Team is going backwards and getting older, secondary and D line plus Oline needs overhaul. Not sure about McD , its Marvin Lewis 2.0 ,  if we do nothing this is a wildcard team next season. face it we are not on the level of KC and Cinn, Also need a solid number 2 WR Gabe is hit or miss. more speed we look old and slow.

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Bitter. It doesn't matter how you end the season. If you don't end the season hoisting the Lombardi trophy, it's bitter no matter which way you end it.

PS: I hope you didn't think the Bills were a Superbowl contender the way they played ending the season.

Fans aren’t overreacting only because the season ended, the team played their worst game in over a year. The way they looked in the latter half of the season absolutely contributed to this reaction.

Expectations were sky high throughout the off-season and all year. The late season dip and today's performance show how far away the Bills are when they were supposedly building toward this moment.

This is a huge disappointment and the sting is worse than it’ll be for most of the other 31 teams that don’t win. I don’t know how anyone can look at this any differently.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.