Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I am literally on the edge of my seat and will be for some time how the Bills are going to address the O Line. I’m not expecting much. Probably more of the same next year. 

In the final analysis (like, right now), the failure to upgrade the O line was the overwhelmingly biggest mistake this past offseason. I don't know how they do it now with little in the way of cap space and even less in the way of high draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

This is going to be an unpopular take but I think this team overplayed and thought the Damar Hamlin good vibes and nation love they were getting was somehow going to just automatically convert to a win. The team was flat unprepared and got its butt kicked. We were bullied in our own home today. There is simply no way around it. We needed to stop with the thoughts that we were just going to be handed a SB because of the painful and stressful times the organization went through with Damar. I love Damar and we are happy for his health but the team did NOT handle business and was thoroughly embarrassed today. I don’t want to hear any homers try and dispute this. 

Wait for Chandler 81. He is always good for one.

• Dislike 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The only way Diggs becomes a problem is if a ten second snipe on the sidelines results in a complete breakdown in his relationship with Josh, which I can't imagine happening.

Time will tell, but it’s been one sided Diggs towards josh over and over again! What happens when josh snipes back? Diggs has that Diva WR thing for sure, it could go bad real fast. 

Just now, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I am literally on the edge of my seat and will be for some time how the Bills are going to address the O Line. I’m not expecting much. Probably more of the same next year. 

I don’t even think it’s necessarily personnel. I feel like the entire issue with this team is philosophy. There is nothing physical on either side of the ball. How often do RBs get 4 or 5 yards without being touched against us? And how often do our RBs get hit before they get to the line of scrimmage? These were backup Olineman for Christ sakes. Cmon

5 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I’d kill for Mike mc💨aniels at coach for the next 4 years!!! 

Wow that guy really cares for his players 😂.. Jets with a QB are far more concerning. But Bills are not going to dominate unless they make some changes. 

20 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

IF - and there's no proof of this being the case - Josh does not respect and/or trust Dorsey enough to follow his play calling then something needs to give. And that's probably movign Dorsey on and bringing in a firmer OC to get Josh to toe the line.

They may need to make a change.  I don't necessarily mean he won't run the plays called, I just mean he is prone to taking shots rather than the underneath stuff the play is often designed to complete.

What an embarrassment @ HOME. Frazier zone D is so predictable.  Oline is a mess, DLine gets no pressure & JA took a beating. How McD doesn’t have these guys up for this game is beyond me.  

Not sure where we go from here but it’s pretty damn obvious things need to change.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

It's time for the annual end-of-season fan over reaction and suicide watch. Just a quick review of the forum subject lines shows the season finale drama is in full gear.

If it makes you feel better: the season ends this way for 31 teams every year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

I said all offseason watch out for the Bengals.  They really were the team that scared me most with Hill leaving KC.  I kept hearing that last year was a "fluke", but, I'm sorry, I think they really are legit and going to be another tough team to get through for years to come right along side KC.  Not saying we can't eventually get through but they are the real deal.

• Like (+1) 2

I know (as is the tradition) the day of a loss is supposed to be about screaming how much we suck and how half the staff and players should be fired but I think all the things that happened this season was just to much overcome in the end. The Blizzards, the 3 games in 7 days, the Hamlin thing, the losing the heart and soul of the defense, etc etc etc. These are not the normal things teams go through and when they do its normally just one of those things not all combined.. The bills took it on the chin hard this season. You could see the cracks in the last two or three games even though we won.

This was a bizarre season. Sorry it ended this way but it shouldn't be surprising. Players are human and sometimes after all the emotional turmoil you just dont have anything left in the tank.

• Agree 1

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

All 3 levels of defense needs to be addressed this offseason.

Some of those players that were injured and were going to play a major role might not be the same anymore.

Poyer, Hyde, White, Miller…all might be done or much less effective next year. Edmunds might be gone as well if he isn’t signed.

Defense might look very different next year. Might be time for a new DC and soft reboot of the defense with some new blood.

1 minute ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

I’ll gladly pile on. This offense has ZERO creativity. None. No deception. No misdirection. They completely rely on Josh to make everything happen. 

dialing up plays that take 5-6 seconds to develope when Josh Allen has someone in his face in 800ms

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Beat down by a second string OL. Two first round and two second round picks on a D Line that can't rush or stop the run. The entire IOL needs to go. We'll at least we've gone from 13 seconds to 60 minutes.

Jones was out and Phillips was playing with one arm. That was the big issue on the IOL. I agree that Oliver is too inconsistent to be worth a big extension if that’s what you meant.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.