Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

McD isn't the best HC in the NFL, but he is one of the top 5 or 10.  

People calling for his head are like the people calling for Tony Dungy's head in Tampa.  In Tampa, they didn't believe Dungy could win a Super Bowl despite his success getting his team into the playoffs.   So, after Tampa canned him, Dungy won the Lombardi for Indy instead.  

I don't think McD is in danger at all. But he's going to have to step up and make some decisions that are going to be awfully tough...Otherwise he will be in trouble this time next year...

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

People calling for his head are like the people calling for Tony Dungy's head in Tampa.  In Tampa, they didn't believe Dungy could win a Super Bowl despite his success getting his team into the playoffs.   So, after Tampa canned him, Dungy won the Lombardi for Indy instead.  

McDermott isn't dungy. He's worse 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Came out with no passion or cohesion and was punched in the mouth and took it.

Back to back TD's and three and outs by the offense.

They were beaten at every facet of the game and the coaches had no answer.  

One of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen by a home team.

Emotionally and mentally spent. Just had nothing left to give.

Sadly being unprepared for some big games is something I have seen a few too many times in the McD era. Losing to the Colts, Saints and Bucs in losses where the team looked confused, unready or tired is hard to understand. McD isnt one of those old school "win one for the gipper" speech coaches. Its as if he relies on others to focus the team or just lets the players do it themselves. By contrast the Bengals looked prepared as if they had studied all of the Bills weaknesses and were completely unafraid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

No Payton did.

Just now, FireChans said:

We had two.  Losing to Zach Wilson was also a bizarre clunker.

Yea but that was a tight game that we stupidly found a way to lose. I mean like the 2019 Eagles game or the 2020 Tennessee game or the 2021 Colts game. Games where we are just not competitive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The worst game we have played since the Colts mid last season. It was a point of interest to me that in 2022 we had avoided that seemingly standard one clunker game per season of this regime. Sadly we just saved it for today. 

Bad coaching. Bad Quarterbacking. Bad execution. 

Josh didn't stand a chance and blame coaching for that.

By the way did he forget to run too?

Edited by Billsfan1972

31 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I don't blame him, I'd be pissed too.  Repeated failures.

You have to be there for your brothers through ups and downs. F**k his ego. You run out the locker room to go see Damar then do the same when you lose? Busch league. Jaw at your QB all you want dude. You’re a pro and should be able to see the OL let jailbreaks happen once every 4 down set. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Daboll was more creative, more unpredictable, more pragmatic... and he could force Josh to play within the structure of the offense.

Chuck n Duck Dorsey... jesus christ... does he even read the self-scouting reports from the Offensive Quality Control staff? 

We are easy to coach against.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Whatever it takes.  Is it Frazier or is our Dline been basically bust and wasted FA money?  Its a serious question 

Frazier’s D scheme cannot work without DL pressure. It’s not a chicken or egg question. Both have failed because they rely on each other.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Nator99 said:

I’m afraid you’re right. The fins are coming and let’s be honest should have beat us every game. They will come charging and will make improvements and we will do nothing and expect to win by just showing up. 

I’d kill for Mike mc💨aniels at coach for the next 4 years!!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.