Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

That doesn’t explain the defense. The offense and defense both sucked which falls on the head coach as much as the coordinators. The only reason I would give McD a pass this game is this team has been through a lot emotionally and may have been drained. 

He was trying to score with a minute to go and heaved to Beasley down 17 I have no problem with him doing that 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Super Bowl window closed right after the 13 seconds happened last year. Coaching is awful, more players will leave, and they are in salary cap trouble right now..

The entire AFC will be better next year, and the bills will once again go into decline. They will make the playoffs most years but last year it was it, it’s a shame.

100%

The amount of holes to fix is pretty daunting. You can’t blow it up rebuild style with a player like Josh but this is not team that’s a piece away. You need to always prioritize skill players with a QB like Josh, but also need linemen on both sides, safeties, linebacker depth at least. Gross. Maybe you try to keep Motor on the cheap just to have one less gaping hole. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

You mean while we were down 17 with a minute left in the game? Stop the ***** presses.

It does show, even at the death, the basic problem Josh has had all year. He's fantastic but all too often he's missing basic plays. Today didn't matter, but he turned over the ball in important positions all year. Sometimes that's been down to the horrific O Line. Sometimes it's been because of miscommunication or bad WR plays. Sometimes it's been down to Josh.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm pissed off too, mostly because like you I have to watch all my neighbors celebrate another trip to the Super Bowl. 

I can't stand the Chefs but they might give the Bengals a very hard time next week... I'm sure they're thinking revenge.  I expect Chris Jones will have fun with any replacement offensive linemen.

I expect a Chefs-Eagles Super Bowl... Andy Reid versus the team that fired him.  The NFL loves those narratives around big games.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

They need DTs that can collapse the pocket and hold their own in the run game.

I know Vince wilforks, John Hendersons, and Chris jones don’t grow on trees, but they need something like that. 

Yeah, little Ed isn't doing it 

• Agree 1

I know Vince wilforks, John Hendersons, and Chris jones don’t grow on trees, but they need something like that. 

They had one.  Jones was inactive for this game.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Hats off to Bill Cowher on his statement. The team have been through a lot this year and it’s possible they are just emotionally drained. 

other than Hamlin are we thinking two snowstorms hurt this team? If so, that's a weak organization.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

The amount of holes to fix is pretty daunting. You can’t blow it up rebuild style with a player like Josh but this is not team that’s a piece away. You need to always prioritize skill players with a QB like Josh, but also need linemen on both sides, safeties, linebacker depth at least. Gross. Maybe you try to keep Motor on the cheap just to have one less gaping hole. 

Beane definitely has his work cut out for him. This current team isn’t close to competing for a Super Bowl 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

DaQuan's loss was massive. He was a huge reason they led the NFL in stuffs this year.

• Agree 5

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Could be both!

Im not a expert, thats why I honestly ask.  It could be both!  If so you have to tear it all down, get rid of Frazier and start trading players like they did when they came in.  Outside of our 2 lbs, yes I mean Edmunds too, everyone else is replaceable with equal contracts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.