Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

WTF are you talking about ? The Bills lost THIS game due to getting their asses kicked on both sides of the line.

Allen committed ONE turnover at the end of garbage time. He got abused by Cinci’s D.

STFU

Good good let it out 

Edited by buffalobillswin

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

That doesn’t explain the defense. The offense and defense both sucked which falls on the head coach as much as the coordinators. The only reason I would give McD a pass this game is this team has been through a lot emotionally and may have been drained. 

That's not an excuse...Great coaching would use that adversity as motivation..McDermott was just handed the story book motivational scenario and came out like a tiny wittle mouse

• Disagree 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Yep I’m directly in the heart of bengals country. That said, being so close I’ve seen how much better they are than us and how burrow just has IT whatever IT is. He’s also got better coaching, infinitely better weapons and a good defense. Josh has NONE OF THAT

I know, eastern suburb of Dayton. I'm right here in Cincinnati. Burrow is an emotionless winner. A cold assassin. Josh Allen is a golden retriever chasing a tennis ball.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is so much worse. I wasn't embarrassed to be a Bills fan last year. This is the worst loss in Buffalo Bills history, given the stakes and the context. This was also the last year that we will win the AFCE. It's the Fins division now.

Lol, that's such a stupid comment. Go take a nap.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Super Bowl window closed right after the 13 seconds happened last year. Coaching is awful, more players will leave, and they are in salary cap trouble right now..

The entire AFC will be better next year, and the bills will once again go into decline. They will make the playoffs most years but last year it was it, it’s a shame.

Knowing this team we would have just lost to the Bengals in the championship game the same way the Chiefs did. 

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Frazier just for the fact that Dorsey is has only been OC for one year. But they both suck imo 

Why would you hire an inexperienced OC for a team built for a SB run?  You wouldn’t!  It is unwise.  This team

needed leadership and instead go a guy would panics game after game. He is not ready 

Frazier should have been fired last year - no clues 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

If the DL sucks then we need an entirely new Defensive persona. This is the impetus to send Frazier packing. 

That’s it. Different players won’t make a difference here. The scheme is so bad that it makes what might be decent players look terrible and vice versa. The only way to fix it is to change the scheme.

It doesn’t fit Buffalo anyway. It’s a pansy scheme.

5 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I don't blame him, I'd be pissed too.  Repeated failures.

Honestly they all should be pissed and embarrassed, but that being said I love stephs competitiveness but he and the whole offense need to take accountability. They all played liked crap today and changes for sure need to be made. No more of the same old same old, no more talk, for us to be among the elite it's time for action. Because whatever that was on the field today will never get the job done.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lots to process going forward. Congrats to Cinncy has they did what they wanted from the opening possession.

Twice now in the playoffs your D has failed you. For all the investment in the DL, they were embarrassed today by three backups. They literally ran it down your throat. I have no clue what Frazier was scheming today. You literally played 10 yards off the ball knowing ball was coming out quick considering the OL and weather conditions.

Lots of solid players on the DL but no impact players. 

Offensively, Dorsey looked in over his head. Ignored the weather conditions and struggled to scheme up easy quick passes. Not leveraging Josh in the running game is inexcusable. Not one QB sweep. The interior guard play needs addressed. Look how easy the scheme is for Burrow, Mahomes and even Purdy. It matters! Not even sure what our O identity is at this point.

McDermott has done a lot of good but I worry he’s becoming a Marty Schottenheimer wasting opportunities.

Offseason, I believe Frazier has to go. I think they move on from Poyer. On offense OL, WR and a #2 TE is needed. They have to shore up the line and give Josh more weapons.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.