Bengals @ Bills - Post Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

How can you feel at all

like this gets better? You never even came close to stopping that team. Fraizer is an absolute ***** disgrace. All year this defense was horrible. Should have been fired last year after 13 seconds. Run it back with this guys and it’s just a complete waste of time. The Offense has to play perfect every game because this defense is terrible. Every physical team dominates us and this guy never changes what he does. It’s long since been figured out. For the love of god fire this guy tomorrow. Please 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It is always fun following the Bills and we will always be fans with higher expectations than what should be allowed.

But it is entertainment after all, so there is that.

The offseason should be interesting to say the least. 

I look forward to seeing how it all unfolds and how those of us here editorialize about it. 

• Like (+1) 4

Terrible coaching

Terrible O-Line

No true #2 WR

No pass rush

No interior D

All of this focus and high draft picks spent on the defensive line who hasn't even had a sniff of the QB today against a back up filled offensive line.  We are trying to play a defensive style that needs pressure on the QB to succeed and we are routinely getting blown off the ball. 

Look, as long as we have 17, we will be in the hunt to win a championship.  We can easily be right back here in the same position 365 days from now with another opportunity, but man.......we have a lot of holes to fill and we could really use a philosophical change on how to play defense.  This Frazier/McDermott scheme doesn't instill fear into anyone and while they can get away with playing this style against bad teams, they can't against good ones.

There will be a lot of time to discuss things this off season, but my plans have certainly changed with how I am handling certain players.  If it's me, Poyer, Oliver, and even Edmunds (I like him more than most people do) can go.  No need to tie up big money in these players.  While they may be better than those that end up replacing them, it won't be dramatic enough to justify the price difference and we're going to need the cap space to upgrade other spots.  Go get a real #2 WR.  Diggs is great and Shakir has shown enough promise to keep.  Davis is fine to be on the team until he needs a new contract.  Everyone else can go and we need to give Allen some real weapons with some speed.  And, for the love of God, get some real offensive linemen in here.  We have 2 good lineman in Dawkins and Morse, but the rest are barely backup level right now.  Frazier has to be gone and a new system needs to be in place before next season.  

Beane is on the spot and there is a lot of work to do.  But many things that need to be done are obvious.  While we won't exactly be underdogs necessarily next season, we won't be favorites either.  It's going to be back to Buffalo vs The World and that's the way it should be.

• Like (+1) 3

Burrow and Mahomes play on teams that are much more complete than Josh Allen does.

Too many undeveloped, underperforming players despite all the investments.  We've got barely a handful of players that you could build around.

They'll probably fire some scouts or position coaches as fallout, but the core coaching staff will be back.  Sigh.

I hated the Frazier hire when I first heard about it... he's here until we have a true disaster of a season or he quits.  

Pathetic to have it all end this way. 

There isn’t a single departing player I would bring back.   

Blow up the offensive line.  Keep Groot, Jones, and Miller….lose the rest. 

I would bring in an offensive consultant to evaluate this season.   Do we have a bad scheme or is Allen really playing hero ball?  If no scheme, adjust our offense.  

Bring in new scouts.  We cannot seem to evaluate lineman on either side of the ball.   Haven’t drafted a pro bowl player in 4 years.   

McD gets 2 more years.  If we don’t make a Super Bowl by then, we move on 

1 minute ago, Nator99 said:

This is going to be an unpopular take but I think this team overplayed and thought the Damar Hamlin good vibes and nation love they were getting was somehow going to just automatically convert to a win. The team was flat unprepared and got its butt kicked. We were bullied in our own home today. There is simply no way around it. We needed to stop with the thoughts that we were just going to be handed a SB because of the painful and stressful times the organization went through with Damar. I love Damar and we are happy for his health but the team did NOT handle business and was thoroughly embarrassed today. I don’t want to hear any homers try and dispute this. 

Yeah, this train went on a bit too long. That said, I'm not sure if there was anything that could have been done about it. Once it happened, it happened. Obviously glad he's gonna be okay but hard not to wonder about what things would have been like had it not happened at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.