Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

I miss the team that could make stops and move the ball. I’ve no answer to the problem, Cincinnati is a great team, just feels like possibly we fell behind roster wise, or coaching, 🤷🏼‍♂️ somewhere. Not sure the fix but something has to change at this point. 

It's both

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

Games like this should really put Beane's drafting under review.  Our patchwork free agent signings aren't working....our draft picks are not having the same impact as other teams, meaning better scouting by the teams trying to catch us.

Beane is the one thing I would keep for a LONG time, aside from Josh.

The drafting has not been good however.

4 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Yep.  As much as I don’t want to waste years of Allen’s career, a tear down (not complete) is probably the smart play.  They need 2 new OL (or more), they have no pass rush and it isn’t coming from development of young players or the draft.  Further, Bills have no real weapons that scare a D besides Allen and Diggs.  Finally, likely to lose a few important players in FA.

Sucks, but Bengals are better and Bills have no FA money because they are paying Allen.

Yeah. The writing is on the wall. This team is second tier and no resources to build. Breaks my heart but is what it is. 

I'm afraid a teardown is the only thing that's gonna give Josh a consistent chance to WIN a Superbowl. 

We were chasing the Chiefs and the Bengals built a monster that's better than both of us. 

I've never said this before, but if there is a head coaching candidate out there that can truly give us a chance, yes, tear it down.

I'd love to be wrong...