Bengals @ Bills - 2nd Half Game Thread - January 22, 2023 - NFL Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Yeah but that's not how football works.

Today's Bills, playing yesterday's Jaguars, wouldn't look like today's Bills.

I disagree.  I think today's Bills looked like this against,  Detroit,  Chicago,  Jets, Miami,  Cleveland and New England 

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Blow up entire D including trading Tre if you have to.  Love him but he's terrible since he came back.  Poyer old.  Oliver disappeared again in big game.  Time to start over on D. 

I agree, aside from Milano there isn’t a single piece I would be upset if they moved on from… I also can’t say I trust them at this point to draft well on that side of the ball either. How much blown draft capital invested in the DL?

At this point Beane’s rep is pretty much being the guy lucky enough to draft Josh Allen, who has carried this sorry roster as far as he could…

• Agree 2

Just now, Bob Jones said:

I agree with you, but....you must admit that it's kinda stunning to see no holding calls on the Bengals, all game.

If f’ing McDermott would lose his sh$t on the sidelines, who knows, we might’ve actually gotten a call or two to help.  It wouldn’t have mattered but why not

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

well you have also have to figure that ball traveled the long ways, which is hard to see in the snow. not to mention the ball being wet and the defender all over you trying to knock the ball out. when you only have two yards to go that's a highly low percentage play

Davis has dropped that same ball so many times even in good weather it borders on crazy trying it again.

• Agree 1

This has to be one of the worst games in the past 3-4 years for the Bills. Heads not in the game from the start. Tons of penalties, no adjustments. Total epic failure from top to bottom of coaches and players. We definitely don’t have to worry about Bills being Super Bowl favorites next year. Most likely will never see that happen. All the talking heads will have KC and Cincy above us the next 10+ years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

If he thinks he’s getting paid big $ after this game he’s sorely mistaken.  He is old and had has obviously lost a step

Edmunds is going to get paid massively. I just hope whoever pays him, teams* keep the tape of this game. He's been at the point of attack all game long.

* Teams that aren't the Bills, of course. Their coaches don't adopt what other defenses do to stop opponents.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

When they punted on 4th and 2 I said they’ll get the ball back down 21 with 10 minutes left. I was wrong. There’ll be 11 minutes left. 

Right so our D was not stopped them all day.. down 14 would you trust Josh on 4th and 2 or this embarrassing D 🤷🏻‍♂️… sorry time for McDermy to go 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

They dominated the game.  Sometimes you can look for reasons to blame coaching or whatever.  But sometimes it’s just as simple as their guys kicking our guys in the teeth.  

We need more toughness.

No - we’re not good in the trenches and that got exposed today.  Along with a few other things.